question about Sunrise Fox Studio Classics

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-04, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have yet to mail in the materials needed to get this on DVD, though it may already be too late. I was wondering if anyone was able to get this without having to cut the proof of purchase off the insert since i would like my inserts to remain intact. And, also, is the Sunrise version availabe in this Studio Classics Best Picture Collection

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

the same as the mail in one (same cover art, same UPC, etc...)?

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-06-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. I think you have until the end of this month (although I may be confusing this with a different offer).

2. You need to cut the proofs. There's no way around it.

3. Yes, as I understand it, the version in the box is identical in every way (even including the 'limited edition' notation on the cover).
Old 01-06-04, 12:56 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They require original cash register receipt(s) for the offer. Will they accept printout from online purchase? Did anyone actually get it to work with such printouts (and received their Sunrise)?
Old 01-07-04, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the info...I already have All About Eve, but not the other two, so I think I'll just go ahead and get the box so I will not have to cut my inserts up, since the Sunrise disk and art are identical.
Old 01-07-04, 10:24 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The offer is good until the end of Jan. '04

eau, I got my Sunrise using the packing slip from an online order.
Old 01-07-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by eau
They require original cash register receipt(s) for the offer. Will they accept printout from online purchase? Did anyone actually get it to work with such printouts (and received their Sunrise)?
I got mine this way. I think they want this for date verification since you also have to include the proofs of purchase from the case inserts.
Old 01-07-04, 02:55 PM
Banned

You have to cut the UPCs out. I sent photo-copies of the UPCs and they refused to send out Sunrise until I sent them the UPCs, which I did and I did receive the Sunrise dvd.
Old 01-08-04, 12:47 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jayson1017
You have to cut the UPCs out. I sent photo-copies of the UPCs and they refused to send out Sunrise until I sent them the UPCs, which I did and I did receive the Sunrise dvd.
My offer form says "Proof of Purchase" tabs. Did you turn in your PoPs from the insert or the UPCs from the cover?
Old 01-22-04, 07:51 PM

Does anybody know if "My Darling Clementine" is a qualifying purchase for this free Sunrise DVD deal? It's not listed in the offer, but it is of the same series. I tried looking at the foxhome.com web site, but couldn't find anything related to the offer.
Old 01-22-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The copy of My Darling Clementine that I just got (from CH) has the Sunrise offer sticker on the front. So I would assume that it counts as a qualifying title. But I haven't opened it yet, so I can't say whether the offer coupon inside confirms that.

In any case, better hurry if you're going to mail it off ! The offer expires Jan. 31, 2004.
Old 01-23-04, 02:25 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FYI, if you (or someone you know) has access to a Costco, they're selling Sunrise as part of a 4 pack for about $35. The other 3 titles are the other titles in the Fox Studio Classics line. There are 4 different configurations, but all have Sunrise as the fourth disc.

A list of titles is in the Costco thread I created this past Tuesday in the Bargains forum.