DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   February 3rd is gonna kill me! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/338920-february-3rd-gonna-kill-me.html)

lesterlong 01-03-04 12:03 PM

February 3rd is gonna kill me!

American Splendor
Ed Wood
Lost in Translation
My Fair Lady
Planet of the Apes SE
Rain Man SE

Its not fair!

smegger2000 01-03-04 12:20 PM

Red Dwarf S3 & 4

talemyn 01-03-04 12:39 PM

So I was looking into the prices of some of these DVD's and was struck at how low the price for Rain Man was. But I started thinking about it and realized that there has been a bit of a trend towards lower prices for some re-releases, SE upgrades, and new catalog releases lately. Look at these (a sampling taken from DDD):

Running Man 2-disc SE ==> $10.63
Spacecamp ==> $9.12
Rain Man SE ==> $13.67
Young Guns SE ==> $10.63
Rat Race ==> $9.36
Young Sherlock Holmes ==> $13.56

I would say that this was just DDD, but for DVD's at <$20, they usually only beat the competition by a buck or two. Even those slightly higher prices are pretty nice.

You think we are seeing a new trend? Have I just missed it before? Any chance that it will stick around?

It could make days like Feb. 3 much nicer if it does. :D

Rat Faced Killa 01-03-04 12:50 PM

Flesh + Blood and Vanishing Point too

ReduxGuy 01-03-04 01:32 PM

I'm still P.O.'d that Kill Bill was delayed.

So now, I'm only picking up Ed Wood and Lost in Translation that day.

planetaire 01-03-04 01:39 PM

The Gods Must Be Crazy 1 & 2 !! :thumbsup:

jayson1017 01-03-04 01:44 PM

If its going to kill you, then fast that day and stay away from dvds.

gutwrencher 01-03-04 02:11 PM

save it for the what-are-you-gettin-this-week thread. actually, the whole year's gonna kill me...that is if I'm not already dead by the end of next week.-wink- I have about 18 titles on the list before I can even worry about Feb 3rd!! a sacrafice is in order.

RobCA 01-03-04 02:25 PM

I'll be picking up four that day:

Black Widow
The Diary of Anne Frank (Fox Studio Classics)
Ed Wood
L.A. Law: The Movie (where the heck is the series?!?)

And four more the following week, including season 3 of Angel and Xena.

Then of course, there's season 3 of Queer as Folk on the 24th, and March is looking pretty expensive; there are already four TV shows I want, and counting.

Rob

QuiGonJosh 01-03-04 03:32 PM

American Splendor
Ed Wood
Lost in Translation

for me

BiffByford 01-03-04 04:00 PM

Young Guns SE is now up for preorder at $7.97 on Deep Discount!

jough 01-03-04 04:54 PM

The Young Guns SE came out last year. That's just the release date for the lower re-pricing.

I'm really looking forward to Lost in Translation and Ed Wood. Kill Bill would have been a sweet trifecta.

CitizenFlynn 01-03-04 05:42 PM

Planet of the Apes SE, Ed Wood, Rain Man SE, Lost in Translation, and American Splendor on the SAME DAY...that's going to overkill my wallet. However, I'm still angry Kill Bill Vol. 1 was delayed.

smirnoffski 01-03-04 06:40 PM

Don't forget Giligan's Island Season 1!!
I will get that along with My Fair Lady and Planet of the Apes SE

GatorDeb 01-03-04 07:10 PM

Is that Planet of the Apes SE the one with Mark Wahlberg?

Jericho 01-03-04 07:15 PM

It is brutal. I'm still not 100% sure what exactly is coming out that day

Red Dwarf
Gaslight
My Fair Lady
Planet of the Apes
Rain Man

are all ones I'd like to pick up, plus Flesh and Blood maybe, the Diary of Anne Frank, and the new releases like Lost in Translation. Nasty good

I remember when February's were "slow"

Cornelius1047 01-03-04 07:57 PM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Is that Planet of the Apes SE the one with Mark Wahlberg?
No, the original.

K

RoyalTea 01-03-04 08:04 PM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

scroll2b 01-03-04 09:01 PM

Re: February 3rd is gonna kill me!

Originally posted by lesterlong
Ed Wood
Lost in Translation

:eek: AH! I can't believe they're releasing Lost in Translation so early! They're fools, actually. Right now they're on top of every major top-ten list in the country, so if anything they should be expanding right now. What a loss, especially once the nominations are anounced....

And, what happened to the standard extras?
- A conversation with director Sofia Coppola and actor Bill Murray
- "Lost on Location" - behind-the-scenes featurette
- Deleted scenes
- "Matthew's Best Hit TV" - extended Japanese TV show
- Music video
- Trailers
- Widescreen anamorphic format

No commentary? Ten bucks says they'll double-dip if Murray wins the Oscar, etc... But I am looking forward to this title, and Ed Wood.... :D

aphex944 01-03-04 10:53 PM

How long did Kill Bill get delayed? Tried searching but couldn't find anything..

gcribbs 01-03-04 11:29 PM

probably will get the Planet of the Apes se. seems like nothing else for me that day.

jough 01-04-04 12:35 AM

Kill Bill has been delayed "indefinitely" which means it'll come out eventually but they haven't figured out when yet.

Of course, they'd be fools not to release it before Vol. 2 hits theatres unless they're planning on a theatrical re-release of Vol. 1, or even a double-bill (excuse the pun) to push the new release (i.e. second half of the film).

BlackClouds 01-04-04 12:58 AM

Naw, I prefer to get Kill Bill Vol1 and 2 in the same package, since it was originally supposed to be one movie anyways. I can wait, easily.

MSD 01-04-04 01:14 AM

FLESH + BLOOD
X-15
DEATH WISH 2
DEATH WISH 3
DEATH WISH 4

Shroud 01-04-04 01:40 AM

Another vote for Flesh + Blood, this was such a great flick out of the 80s and had some very nice nude shots of Jennifer Jason Leigh as a very attractive red head.