DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone else a little dissappointed with the American Wedding DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/338773-anyone-else-little-dissappointed-american-wedding-dvd.html)

Snowmaker 01-02-04 01:37 PM

Anyone else a little dissappointed with the American Wedding DVD?

First of all, no insert other than an advertisement.

Very poor effort on the cover. I ALMOST bought a Full Frame one because they are hard to tell apart from the Widescreen.

You HAVE to go through the trailers first.

Can't really complain about the Bonus Features on the UNRATED one though. :drool: :banana: :jawdrop: :hump:

PixyJunket 01-02-04 01:54 PM

Forced trailers make baby Jesus cry. :(

Can't say I care about the rest.. I'm smart enough to look for and read "Widescreen" or "Full Screen" before buying something.

fumanstan 01-02-04 02:27 PM

At both Best Buy and Target there were stickers on the plastic that said Widescreen and Full Screen. Didn't really matter for me since i bought the Gift Set. No big deal on the insert for me.

RobCA 01-02-04 02:37 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
I'm smart enough to look for and read "Widescreen" or "Full Screen" before buying something.
Are you smart enough to find the error in your sig line? ;)

Rob

PixyJunket 01-02-04 02:53 PM

Originally posted by RobCA
Are you smart enough to find the error in your sig line? ;)

Rob

:lol:

But that's the best part about a new year!! Mistyping the date for a month or two. -wink-

QuiGonJosh 01-02-04 03:02 PM

Least they put a thing saying you can Fast Forward through the trailers...which I dont think are a really big deal...remember VHS?

The extras are damn sweet!

DavidH 01-02-04 03:38 PM

I rented it today - going to watch it tonight.

I own the first two movies, never saw this one. I have heard a lot of mixed things about so should be interesting.

QuiGonJosh 01-02-04 03:40 PM

I actually liked American Wedding the best...More Stifler...less Chris Klein and Mena Suvari...

Snowmaker 01-02-04 03:45 PM

Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
I actually liked American Wedding the best...More Stifler...less Chris Klein and Mena Suvari...
You mean ZERO Chris Klein and Mena Suvari.

Should that be in SPOILER tags? :D

QuiGonJosh 01-02-04 03:46 PM

well yeah...zero...

And I think anyone who saw the trailer knows that their not in the movie...not quite a spoiler...

fumanstan 01-02-04 04:00 PM

Or anyone that saw the cover or movie poster :)

Watching the unrated version right now... the extra bachelor party scenes are nice, although its not exactly edited together. They just threw in the extra scenes they filmed randomly, it seems. Still nice eye candy though :)

PixyJunket 01-02-04 04:00 PM

I like Wedding the least overall but I still love it. If I had to pick, Pie 2 would be my favorite. The whole "lesbian" scene was worth price of 2 movies tickets (twice) and the DVD alone.

jayson1017 01-02-04 05:04 PM

I sure am. Not the best of movies, definitely not the best of dvds.

mikewendt 01-02-04 05:42 PM

Trailers & cover aside... Great, funny f//king disc!!!

RaraFemina 01-02-04 05:43 PM

Did they include the free cheesy looking coasters with every copy, or are they only available in certain areas?

ChrisHicks 01-02-04 05:51 PM

Originally posted by RaraFemina
Did they include the free cheesy looking coasters with every copy, or are they only available in certain areas?
I got a nice, cheesy can cooler with mine.

madcougar 01-02-04 08:17 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Forced trailers make baby Jesus cry. :(
I guess as a rule they suck, but I've gotten into the habbit of putting the DVD into the player and walking away to get a soda, make a bathroom run, or whatever before I actually sit down to watch. I can do without the Bring It On 2 preview.

PJsig08 01-02-04 08:39 PM

How are the extra scenes? How much more boobage we talkin' about?

FireStarta316 01-02-04 08:44 PM

Actually, quite a bit more.

Snowmaker 01-02-04 10:12 PM

Originally posted by PJsig08
How are the extra scenes? How much more boobage we talkin' about?
Even the menus are full of them.

RaraFemina 01-02-04 11:35 PM

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
I got a nice, cheesy can cooler with mine.
Man, I always wanted a cheesy can cooler!! Stupid coasters.

madcougar 01-03-04 12:24 AM

I don't get why Universal will FORCE FEED US trailers, but won't include the trailer for the actual movie we've purchased.

DavidH 01-03-04 12:42 AM

This transfer is HORRIBLE!!!!

Another great quality control example to add to the screw-up list from the most incompetent DVD studio.

Jackskeleton 01-03-04 01:53 AM

I don't get the whole unrated crap. for the first one it seemed like it made sense.. it looked like some of the stuff was a bit over the edge, the second film's unrated cut was just trying to hard. for this one the extended party scenes were just blahish. a few more tit shots here and there and a lot of scenes that didn't make sense on a time line scale. one shot the shirts are ripped, another they still have them, etc etc. it was a crappy pacing method and even though I might sound gay for this, less boob shots and more important shots were what was needed there..

either way, I was tired of the film when I saw it and then was bombarded with forced commercials about it on new years from fox..

QuiGonJosh 01-03-04 05:22 AM

The dog humping the blow up dog was frickin hilarious! :D Couldnt stop laughing...this is the funniest AP movie!