DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Quick! I need a DVD with good footage of Hawaii! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/338764-quick-i-need-dvd-good-footage-hawaii.html)

Draven 01-02-04 12:53 PM

Quick! I need a DVD with good footage of Hawaii!

I have a last-minute project from a client who'd like to use some good footage of Hawaii. I need to find something today (or something that I could have shipped overnight) so Best Buy, Amazon, Circuit City, etc. are all possibilities.

Specifically, I need about 2 minutes of beauty shots of the islands. If there are surfers, people on the beach, scuba diving, helicopter shots, whatever. I'll take it. It could be a National Geographic type thing, or even a commercial movie that has some great footage I could use.

Any and all help appreciated!

dilligaf 01-02-04 12:56 PM

blue crush has some nice shots or very beautiful scenery of the islands (as well as kate bosworth)

BladeZ 01-02-04 01:02 PM

National Geographic Restless Earth collection has a DVD on Volcanoes, I own it but haven't watched it yet. I'm sure it includes a lot of Hawaiian footage. They have this box set at BestBuy.

Libby 01-02-04 01:02 PM

yup, i'd agree I would use blue crush thats your best bet

Decker 01-02-04 01:25 PM

Hidden Hawaii - IMAX is great. But it'd be a lot easier to find Blue Crush in a store.

Draven 01-02-04 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Decker
Hidden Hawaii - IMAX is great. But it'd be a lot easier to find Blue Crush in a store.
I'm actually waiting for this to be delivered, but it might not get here in time to use it for this project.

Plus, it sounded like there might not be a TON of useable footage in Hidden Hawaii, which is why I need a backup plan.

Does Blue Crush have beauty shots? Or are the surfing chicks in everything (it might not matter, I'm just wondering.)

fryinpan1 01-02-04 01:59 PM

Baywatch Hawaiian Wedding

Grabastic 01-02-04 02:32 PM

i believe Jurrasic Park has some nice arial shots of the Hawaiian islands in the beginning of the movie. might be a bit difficult to get permission to use those, though.

Decker 01-02-04 02:52 PM

Blue Crush has plenty of North Shore & Ihilani- area shots. You'll get enough, I'm sure. Jurrassic Park is just a few long helecopter shots of waterfalls on Kauai-- not much there.

ravan 01-02-04 02:56 PM

Agree on Jurassic was for a large part filmed in Kauaii so maybe thats useable.

IIRC then Blue Crush has some nice shots as well not all w/ surferchicks.

And boy did that movie not have a plot. Didnt really need one.

dvd-4-life 01-02-04 03:01 PM

Talk about movies without plots-how about Vivid's-Hawaii.

Drexl 01-02-04 03:04 PM

Punch-Drunk Love
Pearl Harbor

etrnlevol 01-02-04 05:09 PM

Hidden Hawaii has a lot of good footage, but Blue Crush and Pearl Harbor can suffice for beauty shots. Blue Crush has footage of the North Shore. Pearl Harbor has some nice shots of the Pearl Harbor base and Hickam AFB. Those are all on Oahu though. Just depends if you're looking for all of Hawaii or just one island.

Good luck with your project!

eau 01-02-04 06:01 PM

How about Lilo & Stitch? :)

Draven 01-02-04 06:37 PM

Originally posted by eau
How about Lilo & Stitch? :)
I might use music from that :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I went with Pearl Harbor, Blue Crush, A Very Brady Sequel and Honeymoon in Vegas.

I appreciate the help!

jayson1017 01-02-04 11:27 PM

Hidden Hawaii all the way...

bodhi1213 01-03-04 12:00 AM

King Kong (70's version)