DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any plans for All In The Family Season 3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/337170-any-plans-all-family-season-3-a.html)

mzupeman2 12-22-03 09:37 PM

Any plans for All In The Family Season 3?

All In The Family was good enough to have a second season on DVD, but what happened after that? Did they decide to scrap it? I hope we're not seeing a 'Mary Tyler Moore' disappearing act for this DVD set...

Nierfacon 12-23-03 05:27 AM

Columbia puts these out a year apart, and always announces the next AitF during December, usually at the very end of the month. I predict that we'll hear an announcement before the month is over...yes, that's tight, by I stand by it.

marty888 12-23-03 06:38 AM

Let's hope so ... I'm ready!

DiscGuy 12-23-03 10:04 PM

Waiting for that announcement!!!

Well...not exactly a year apart. Season 1 and 2 were separated by only 10 1/2 months:

All in the Family - Season 1 3/26/2002
All in the Family - Season 2 2/4/2003

To maintain this schedule, Season 3 should have been released today, 12/23/2004. Hopefully Nierfacon is correct and Columbia will make an announcement in the next 10 days.

Fingers are crossed!

DiscGuy 12-26-03 12:18 AM

Welcome to "Mary-Tyler-Twin-Peaks-Where's-My-Next-Season Limbo"

Originally posted by Nierfacon
Columbia puts these out a year apart, and always announces the next AitF during December, usually at the very end of the month. I predict that we'll hear an announcement before the month is over...yes, that's tight, by I stand by it.
Announcement dates for All in the Family season set releases:

Season 1 announced 1/17/02 (released 3/26/02)
Season 2 announced 11/11/02 (released 2/24/03)
Season 3 yet to be announced

This train is overdue. Has the next set been derailed? It's time for someone with inside connections at Columbia/TriStar to check the status!

RobCA 12-26-03 12:29 PM

The good news is, it hasn't been cancelled.

The bad news is, it won't be out until Fall 2004. -eek-

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=928

Rob

Nierfacon 12-27-03 08:34 AM

Mutha fLIck@! THAT long a wait? @$$holes.

Can't stand Columbia sometimes...

DiscGuy 12-28-03 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Nierfacon
Mutha fLIck@! THAT long a wait? @$$holes.

Can't stand Columbia sometimes...

Agreed!

Gotta give you credit. You sure called it when you said Columbia would announce before the end of the year. I didn't believe you but you turned out to be correct. Good call!!!!!

RobCA 03-12-04 02:14 PM

According to TVShowsOnDVD.com, Season 3 has been moved up to July.

Rob

Rypro 525 03-12-04 02:34 PM

when did Gloria and Mike move out? thats when most say it "jumped the shark"

mzupeman2 03-12-04 06:38 PM

And for those who haven't seen this series all the way through yet and are only watching it on DVD, thanks for ruining the show.

RyoHazuki 03-12-04 08:01 PM

Archie Bunker's Place is when it jumped the shark. The episodes post-Mike and Gloria, while not as good as the ones before, are still classic television.

cultshock 03-12-04 08:45 PM

And for those who haven't seen this series all the way through yet and are only watching it on DVD, thanks for ruining the show.

There are far worse spoilers than Mike and Gloria moving out. ;)

Tracer Bullet 03-12-04 10:33 PM

Originally posted by mzupeman2
You *are* kidding, right? It's a 25 year old sitcom.

RyoHazuki 03-13-04 01:38 AM

Originally posted by mzupeman2
I got yelled at for complaining about Sopranos spoilers in EW. This is a little out of hand though.

mzupeman2 03-13-04 07:14 AM

I was kidding, definitely, lol. This show is how old? And yeah, there are FAR worse spoilers than that... hence my joke :P And besides, this show runs nonstop on TV Land all the time.

excelsior 03-13-04 07:40 AM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Archie Bunker's Place is when it jumped the shark. The episodes post-Mike and Gloria, while not as good as the ones before, are still classic television.
I am looking for input and I would prefer to save money. Through which season would you consider these still "classic"?

Much thanks

mzupeman2 03-14-04 09:02 AM

Originally posted by excelsior
I am looking for input and I would prefer to save money. Through which season would you consider these still "classic"?

Much thanks

Well, this guy had it pretty much dead on. Archie's Place is a spinoff series from All In The Family, that wasn't nearly as good as the original series. So as long as you have 'All In The Family' as the show you're purchasing, it should be all good :)

Sex Fiend 03-14-04 12:41 PM

Much thanks

Season Nine was the last one with Mike and Gloria. When I started collecting the first two season sets, my intention was only to buy them through the last season with the complete original cast, as (IMHO) the later episodes really didn't have the same pizazz without the whole Archie/Mike conflict dynamic.

RyoHazuki 03-14-04 02:36 PM

Much thanks

I'd say buy as many seasons as they release. I doubt Archie Bunker's Place will ever hit dvd.