Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 & Thanksgiving Reunion??

Community
Search

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation 2 & Thanksgiving Reunion??

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by d2cheer
Not really sure about this but did anyone else hear about another Vacation movie with Chase and the rest of the cast from the first film including Anthony Michael Hall?? I am sure I read about it somewhere...

I received an email a few weeks ago from "Techie M" who has some major news about Eddie's Christmas Vacation and Vacation 5. Techie M worked on the film and let me know that along with the original Audrey (Dana Barron), they actually wanted Anthony Michael Hall to do it too. He wanted to, but couldn't because of contractual duties with "The Dead Zone" but he has agreed to reprise the role of Rusty for the next feature film. I believe early this year, they are doing the fifth "Vacation" movie, which they're currently ironing out details for. There are a couple of scripts, one involves Chevy and the gang going to Australia, another has them catch a wrong flight to busy Bangkok . Randy is already contracted to do it, as is Anthony Michael Hall, who will be reprising his role as Griswold's now grown-up son, Rusty. It should be really good. Both were on the set on separate occasions talking to writer Matt Simmons and of course, Quaid, who'll be a large part of the next movie. It's being set up at Warners.