Angel: Season 2 - Glitch?!

Old 12-15-03, 02:15 PM

Angel: Season 2 - Glitch?!

Right now I received my second copy of -Angel: Season 2- from CDWOW. Like the first one, Disc 6 freezes in Episode "There's no place like..." in chapter 8 'The new leader' (right at the beginning of the chapter). I checked both copies of Disc 6 on three different DVDPlayers. There are no scratches on any of the discs.

I have to say, that I'm from Germany. Does anyone know something about this or has anyone noticed anything like that. Is there a bad pressing?!

Thanks for any help!

Alex
Old 12-15-03, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

When you say the disc freezes, do you mean that it freezes and doesn't resume, or do you mean that there is a momentary pause like a layer change?
Old 12-15-03, 02:49 PM

On one player (Cyberhome) it seems that it's just the layerbreak. (The episode resumes after that.) But I don't think it is the layerbreak. I think FOX did never release a tv show on dvd, where the layerbreak was in an episode. There are always two episodes on each layer. (Or two episodes on one layer, and one episode and the features on the other).
The disc won't resume on the other players I checked. There it freezes.
Old 12-15-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think I noticed a glitch on my set.

On disc 4, there's this episode called "Happy Anniversary," and I'm sure its inclusion must be a mistake. I think they accidently slipped a shitty episode of something else onto the set instead of the Angel episode that belongs there.
Old 12-15-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I think I noticed a glitch on my set.

On disc 4, there's this episode called "Happy Anniversary," and I'm sure its inclusion must be a mistake. I think they accidently slipped a shitty episode of something else onto the set instead of the Angel episode that belongs there.
Kinda like your post being a glitch in this thread.

I have watched the set twice and have never had a problem with the disc you mentioned, fortinbras. I will check again tonight and watch specifically for that "glitch".
Old 12-16-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I checked again - that section works perfectly fine on my disc 6.
Old 12-16-03, 10:10 AM

O.k. thanks. maybe I just received two bad copies?!
Old 12-16-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just found a hilarious MISTAKE in one episode. "Reunion" on Disc 3 at Chapter 18 around the 19 minute mark - Angel makes a spur of the moment u-turn with Gunn, Wesley and Cordie in the car. However, when the turn OCCURS, Cordie is CLEARLY a manequin for several seconds.