DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Spongebob Season 2 ??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/335528-spongebob-season-2-a.html)

DIVX Rulz 12-13-03 04:15 PM

Spongebob Season 2 ???

Is there anyway to find out if Spongebob Season 1 sold well enough to warrant a Spongebob Season 2 or is it going to turn into another Mary Tyler Moore Show disappointment.

spongebobkay 12-13-03 07:44 PM

I don't know how well the Season 1 sold. But, there is so many spongebob dvd's on the market, why not add season 2? I would be very upset if the Spongebob season sets stopped at 1! I love Spongebob.... Ya Think? -wink-

RyoHazuki 12-13-03 07:57 PM

I think we should see season two on dvd before too long. This show is still quite popular and I believe the dvd sold well. It #125 right now on the amazon.com dvd sales rank.

Rammsteinfan 12-13-03 10:23 PM

I want Season 2 now...

I'm Ready, I'm Ready!

vice86 12-15-03 01:08 AM

There have been SEASON dvd's that stopped without doing all the seasons?!?!!? HOW STUPID?

joshualane 12-15-03 08:19 AM

Spongebob Season 2 is coming out sometime in 2004... likely the later half of the year.

DiscGuy 12-28-03 04:48 PM

Link to source please!

Originally posted by joshualane
Spongebob Season 2 is coming out sometime in 2004... likely the later half of the year.
And your source for this information isssss........?

DiscGuy 12-28-03 05:15 PM

What's the game plan, Paramount?

Season 1 set was released 10/28/03. Since then, Nick and Paramount have anounced two (2) more "collection-of-ten" discs:

1/6/04 Seascape Capers
3/9/04 Spongebob Goes Prehistoric

Soooooo....which way are we going here? Season sets or "collection-of-ten" discs? I would think that when Nick and Paramount started releasing the season sets, these other releases would have ended.

mzupeman2 12-28-03 05:50 PM

Well the seasons sets shouldn't be too far behind since a teaser trailer for the Spongebob movie just popped online.

Drexl 12-28-03 05:54 PM

Originally posted by DiscGuy
Soooooo....which way are we going here? Season sets or "collection-of-ten" discs? I would think that when Nick and Paramount started releasing the season sets, these other releases would have ended.
Then again, there are people that bought the collection-of-ten discs and would balk at starting over with sea-son sets. For that reason, they should continue the collection discs and do the seasons.

DiscGuy 12-28-03 06:58 PM

One way ... or the other ... or both. I can adjust to however Paramount and Nick intend to handle future releases. But I would like to know their game plan so that I can plan future purchases accordingly.

I image many SB collectors share my plight: I purchased all of the collection-of-tens until the annoucement of the season 1 set. I then purchased the season 1 set. Now I would like to stop purchasing additional collection-of-tens but only if all the season sets are planned for release.

Martin Blythe? Can you help?

freedexter 12-28-03 11:00 PM

Re: What's the game plan, Paramount?

Originally posted by DiscGuy
<a href="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=3068">After releasing a bunch of discs with random episodes, we now have the entire first season of SpongeBob on DVD, except for the pilot episode which couldn't be cleared due to rights. After hearing from some angry fans about the "double-dipping," I spoke with someone at Paramount, the distributor of the title. The first volumes that were released were targeting parents and children who wanted some episode of SpongeBob on DVD. This season set is geared towards adult fans, which is why it contains more adult-orientated extras.</a>

joshualane 12-29-03 09:13 AM

Re: Re: What's the game plan, Paramount?

Originally posted by freedexter
<a href="http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=3068">After releasing a bunch of discs with random episodes, we now have the entire first season of SpongeBob on DVD, except for the pilot episode which couldn't be cleared due to rights. After hearing from some angry fans about the "double-dipping," I spoke with someone at Paramount, the distributor of the title. The first volumes that were released were targeting parents and children who wanted some episode of SpongeBob on DVD. This season set is geared towards adult fans, which is why it contains more adult-orientated extras.</a>
...and the same release pattern is planned for 2004. And with the movie opening in November, I'd expect the Season 2 set sometime before that... probably October just like S1.

RichardW 07-06-04 07:32 AM

Season 2 is available for pre-order at Amazon. Release date is October 5th. :D

mzupeman2 07-06-04 07:34 AM

Great news, I'm there.