Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Universal Classic Monsters: Coffin Box Set?

Community
Search

Universal Classic Monsters: Coffin Box Set?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-03, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CaseyB
Coffin Joe also comes in a coffin but it doesn't look as cool as this set. Has anyone seen Coffin Joe? Is it any good?
...haven't seen it, but found this review of the documentary, which makes it sound very interesting indeed...

. . . . . .
Old 12-11-03, 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...haven't seen it, but found this review of the documentary, which makes it sound very interesting indeed...

. . . . . .
Thank you, Hendrik! It does sound very interesting.
Old 12-11-03, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by speedy1961

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=1240

I've used these guys before and have been very happy.
my first order with them was lost. when I recieved a replacement shipment...it contained a wrong order. how did I react? with no worries...and heres the reason. not only did Tony make it all good, he also responds to emails/problems...lighting fast. nobody really to blame there except the good ole postal service. I now pay a little more for shipping "express" and order from Xploited as often as possible. great service and a killer selection.
Old 12-11-03, 10:34 PM

I have the Universial Monster Coffin Set, The Covers and inserts are not in english but the movies are the same dvd's released in the states, only difference is its 2 movies per case. Great set by the way. I got mine here http://www.mymoviemonsters.com/ about 6 months ago the price has went up since then though, think i gave $125 shipped
Old 12-11-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by rexinnih
Ooooh I wanted to get those coffin versions in Japan. But my wife used the "But you already have them and don't need to buy them again just to get a coffin" excuse. Damn them and their powers.
You could buy the coffin set and sell your original used copies on eBay. You might even be able to turn a modest profit. Then you could brag to your wife about it (of course, if you don't turn a profit, your wife will probbaly never let you forget it).
Old 12-12-03, 01:11 PM

I would be expecting all the old films to get a reissue and, hopefully, remastered transfer
Expecting is not getting. With the big management change at Universal I would not hold my breath on releases that are "expected" unless they have an officially announced release date etched in stone.
Old 12-12-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Snarff
I have the Universial Monster Coffin Set, The Covers and inserts are not in english
The covers from the Coffin set I have are in English.
Old 12-12-03, 07:59 PM

Just double checked my covers and they are in english, i have no idead why I though otherwise
Old 12-13-03, 12:57 PM

UPDATE: Just wanted to give an extra kudos and thanks to Speedy for the recommendation. i contacted the site in his initial link, and not only was Tony very helpful, he is shipping me a set out as soon as they arrive, 2nd day air, and there will be one very happy little 11 year old in my house on Christmas Day!

Happy Holidays!
Jali~
Old 12-13-03, 07:44 PM

Originally posted by EPKJ
I think it is worth waiting for Universal to rerelease these films. They will do so eventually.
I totally agree. I can't believe how much money some people are paying for these on EBay et al. Dumb. Really dumb.

MISS PEACH
Old 12-13-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally posted by Jalizarin
UPDATE: Just wanted to give an extra kudos and thanks to Speedy for the recommendation. i contacted the site in his initial link, and not only was Tony very helpful, he is shipping me a set out as soon as they arrive, 2nd day air, and there will be one very happy little 11 year old in my house on Christmas Day!

Happy Holidays!
Jali~
Jalizarin

Since I'm currently unemployed, I am so glad that I was able to help you and your son.

Please either e-mail me or post what his initial reaction is when he opens it. It will make me most happy during a most difficult time in my life. I really would like to hear! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally posted by MISS PEACH
I totally agree. I can't believe how much money some people are paying for these on EBay et al. Dumb. Really dumb.

MISS PEACH
They will come my friends. Universal is expected to clean house soon and so our wait may not be much beyond second quarter 2004.
Old 12-13-03, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not to thread crap here folks, since we're discussing the Universal monsters, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a great documentary set called the Heroes of Horror which tells the tales of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, Vincent Price and Peter Lorre. Well recommended!

And back to the discussion.....
Old 12-13-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a great documentary set called the Heroes of Horror which tells the tales of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, Vincent Price and Peter Lorre. Well recommended!

my wife called a few hours ago and said she picked this up for me. cant believe I forgot I ordered this!! cant wait to see it tonight.
Old 12-14-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Not to thread crap here folks, since we're discussing the Universal monsters, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a great documentary set called the Heroes of Horror which tells the tales of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, Vincent Price and Peter Lorre. Well recommended!

And back to the discussion.....
I saw this yesterday... at either Best Buy or Borders... can't remember. But I wondered how it was, so thanks for the info.
Old 12-17-03, 10:41 PM

xploitedcinema just shipped my Universal Coffin Box set! Should be here in three days.

Last edited by W-Mans; 12-17-03 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-11-04, 11:36 AM

They will come my friends. Universal is expected to clean house soon and so our wait may not be much beyond second quarter 2004.
Well...some of them are coming anyway (Frankenstein: The Legacy), but it looks as though they're most likely without extras. I'd go for the coffin. Excellent packaging and most of the extras (no Spanich Drac as stated before).
Old 01-11-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
So glad I was able to get all of these DVDs when first released by Universal. Glad they are starting to release them again (Frankenstein at least), but I just hope they put the extras in the new sets.

I'm just hoping they also release some new classic 30's horror on DVD that has never been released before.
Old 01-11-04, 11:42 AM

Yeah, I got them all originally when they came out, too. But I had to get the coffin. A nice collector's set.