DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Where Is the Bill Cosby Cameo in 'King of Queens' Season 1? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/333993-where-bill-cosby-cameo-king-queens-season-1-a.html)

PacMan2006 12-05-03 07:55 PM

Where Is the Bill Cosby Cameo in 'King of Queens' Season 1?

On the dvd insert, it says it's in the episode called "Where's Poppa." I watched it and there was no Bill Cosby anywhere.

Anyone know whats up with this?

Lee Harvey Oswald 12-05-03 10:16 PM

If I remember correctly, the shows on the night that episode originally aired, all the CBS comedy shows were connected (in a way).

There were cameos in each of the shows from the other shows that night. The cameos all tied in together, but were basically add-ons that had nothing to do with the actual episode, and when the episodes are shown as stand alones the cameos probably wouldn't make since.

King of Queens, Cosby, Becker and one other show all did this that night.

I hope that makes sense. They shouldn't have advertised Cosby as being in the show, when they cut him out.

PacMan2006 12-05-03 11:31 PM

I don't really understand you because there are at least two--maybe three episodes--in season 1 that feature Ray Ramano and his "Everybody Loves Raymond" character.

I do understand that you mean they are connected by their CBS characters, but I don't get why they'd omit Cosby if they kept in Raymond.

RobCA 12-05-03 11:35 PM

I've never seen either show, but wasn't King of Queens a spin-off of Everybody Loves Raymond?

Rob

Al Padrino 12-05-03 11:42 PM

No. I once thought it may have been, but the first episode that Ray appears in the King of Queens series, he and Doug (Kevin James) had never met before, despite James playing one of Ray's friends on Everybody Loves Raymond. I had always assumed that the character James had played on Raymond was the same one he played in his own series. Alas, it's not like that and the two shows are seperate, although most of the cast of Everybody Loves Raymond has appeared at one point or another on King of Queens.

As far as them leaving in Ray's material while cutting Cos out, if Cos' cameo had nothing to do with the episode, then I suppose it's understandable. In Ray's case, he was intergral to the show's story, hence it'd be stupid and pretty impossible to snip his scenes out.

Steve Phillips 12-08-03 11:03 AM

I read elsewhere that several of the CBS shows had unrelated tags with crossovers one night. These weren't really part of the shows and likely that's why it is missing. Still, why put Cosby's name on the printed cast list?

B.S.Preston,ESQ 12-08-03 01:09 PM

those rat B@$TARDS! I wanted the Cosby Cameo! :( :mad: :johnwoo: CB$ I am not purchasing this now. HEAR THAT CBS!!!!!!!!!!