DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   anyone find rereleases of die hard or fight club (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/333275-anyone-find-rereleases-die-hard-fight-club.html)

Megatron 12-02-03 04:44 PM

anyone find rereleases of die hard or fight club

Entertainment weekly ad shows them to be released today with the abyss among others...

Tarantino 12-02-03 04:54 PM

Nope, didn't see them, although I wasn't looking...

B.S.Preston,ESQ 12-02-03 05:15 PM

will these just be 1 disc edition, probably P&S

fumanstan 12-02-03 05:36 PM

I didn't even know Die Hard went out of print, as i still see the 5 star collection everywhere

Megatron 12-02-03 06:12 PM

no no...the ad states them all as 2 disc editions....mostly just repacked....fight club looks the same...abyss is in digi pack...die hard didn't go oop...again just a repack and a rumored price drop....if anyone has last weeks EW handy scan the ad

emack_ca 12-02-03 06:53 PM

Fight Club 2 disc is the same as the original 1st release packaging ... lots of them in Future Shop (Ontario, Canada)

Megatron 12-02-03 06:59 PM

sadly nashville is a good drive from Ontario

DVD Josh 12-02-03 07:14 PM

Originally posted by Megatron
sadly nashville is a good drive from Ontario
So is Cybertron!

Ayo 12-02-03 07:21 PM

But Fight Club was just re-released like two months ago...

Libby 12-02-03 07:34 PM

How many DVD editions of fight club have been released?

fumanstan 12-02-03 09:21 PM

Originally posted by Ayo
But Fight Club was just re-released like two months ago...
Just the single disc. The two disc set was just rereleased.

B.S.Preston,ESQ 12-03-03 11:57 AM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Didn't know that. :thumbsup:

Ayo 12-03-03 02:42 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
No, because I bought the re-released two disc set then. It was the last week of October, as I recall, so about a month ago; but it came out in the middle of October. There was even a thread here about it.

Cornelius1047 12-03-03 02:49 PM

I've seen both Die Hard in digipak and Fight Club at Borders (I think). This was sometime last week, I believe. IIRC, they were both re-released mid-October. Don't know why people are saying yesterday. Also, wasn't the single disc Fight Club released last year?

K

PalmerJoss 12-03-03 03:12 PM

I spotted both of them at Borders the other day. I was surprised because Fight Club has the original packaging from the original 2-disc set. The only way I knew it was the rerelease is the copyright date on the back.

actyper 12-03-03 05:39 PM

Originally posted by Ayo
No, because I bought the re-released two disc set then. It was the last week of October, as I recall, so about a month ago; but it came out in the middle of October. There was even a thread here about it.
this guy's right, they were re-released (2 disc versions) way back in Oct.