Community
Search

Question for Alien Quad owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for Alien Quad owners

Does it bother you that there is another Alien movie coming out and thus not included in the box set? This was one of the reasons why I passed on the collection. I bought Jurassic Park/Lost World set and got ticked when JP3 came out so I've decided to not buy box sets until the franchise is dead.
Old 12-02-03, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eh, it doesn't bother me at all. A sequel could pop at any time nowadays (15+ years later we're getting another Indiana Jones flick). I'll just throw the new DVD next to the box set(s) of the original(s).
Old 12-02-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
It'll bug me when the movie finally comes out... until then, not really. But i can see how annoying it will be when we have another Indy or Alien movie that doesnt fit in the fancy box
Old 12-02-03, 01:44 PM
Banned

never thought of that.
Old 12-02-03, 01:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope, just pop Resurrection out and put the new one in BTW what's the new movie? Alien v Predator? Since that's a crossover I don't think I would be particularly bothered about that one since it really fits into either.
Old 12-02-03, 01:56 PM

I could care less, a nice new box set now is good enough.

It'll keep me busy until Alien vs. Predator
Old 12-02-03, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

By then the new movie will be on HD-DVD anyway!

No..doesn't bother me. Die Another Day doesn't fit into my older Bond box sets, but looks great next to it.
Old 12-02-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am sure AvP will be the next and there will be no Alien 5 anytime soon. Even if there was... I only worry about them rereleasing the same movies with MORe stuff. I can just add them to a custom case or just put it next to the current one. Not a major big deal but rereleasing with even more stuff or better stuff is a pain in the butt!
Old 12-02-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If AvP is as bad as everyone says it will be then I wouldn't worry much about an Alien 5. But in the off chance that there is another direct Alien sequel I will just file it next to my Legacy and Quadrilogy boxed sets.
Old 12-02-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't count on AvP being good...

....because there's little faith Paul Anderson (not of Boogie Nights/Magnolia but of Soldier/Resident Evil) can pull it off.

The plot of Aliens vs Predator may have potential but this director has a history of screwing things up. And I believe 20th Century Fox is hoping to revive the Aliens (or maybe even Predator) franchise just by judging as to how well Freddy vs Jason did.

Although Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver have expressed interest in making another Alien in the hopes of bringing the movie series back into track.
Old 12-02-03, 04:56 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No concern here--ALIEN VS. PREDATOR already ranks along JAWS 3 and 4, SUPERMAN 3 and 4, CARRIE 2: THE RAGE and TERMINATOR 3 as sequels that never really "happened" in my book...
Old 12-02-03, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just read at Bloody Disgusting that it is all but confirmed that Alien 5 is greenlighted. Weaver said she would sign, as long as this was the last outing and script's are already floating around, most having Ripley go back to the Alien planet and kill all of them - so apparently, more in the vein of Aliens..

I can see a fifth movie happening, esp if AvP goes over well - which I expect it to.
Old 12-02-03, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I already like to pretend that "Aliens" was the last movie in the series.
Old 12-02-03, 05:40 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by LivingINClip
Just read at Bloody Disgusting that it is all but confirmed that Alien 5 is greenlighted. Weaver said she would sign, as long as this was the last outing and script's are already floating around, most having Ripley go back to the Alien planet and kill all of them - so apparently, more in the vein of Aliens..

I can see a fifth movie happening, esp if AvP goes over well - which I expect it to.
And I can see that greenlight turning bloody red when AvP comes out and makes $14.75 at the box office...
Old 12-02-03, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I doubt they would release another Alien boxset.
Old 12-02-03, 07:05 PM
Banned

Re: Question for Alien Quad owners

Originally posted by lesterlong
Does it bother you that there is another Alien movie coming out and thus not included in the box set? This was one of the reasons why I passed on the collection. I bought Jurassic Park/Lost World set and got ticked when JP3 came out so I've decided to not buy box sets until the franchise is dead.
Why would this bother you, exactly? The Quadrilogy box is an amazing, outstanding set. So what if there's another Alien movie out a year or two from now? How does that detract from the set you can watch today, right now?
Old 12-02-03, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Does it bother you that there is another Alien movie coming out and thus not included in the box set?
nope.
Old 12-02-03, 08:45 PM

Does it bother you that there is another Alien movie coming out and thus not included in the box set?
Nope, not at all.
Old 12-02-03, 09:16 PM

It does not bother me either. I have been waiting for this set since the rumors first started. It is an awesome looking set and I am thrilled at what I have been able to see so far.
Old 12-02-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
I don't understand putting off getting this outstanding set because of a movie that's still in development. I'd be willing to bet that we might see Alien 5 around summer of 2006.
Old 12-02-03, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
I doubt they would release another _____ boxset.
Famous last words if I ever heard any.
Old 12-02-03, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by cross
Famous last words if I ever heard any.
Name another time a boxset has been released and then rereleased 2 more times.
Old 12-03-03, 12:40 AM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
If AvP is as bad as everyone says it will be then I wouldn't worry much about an Alien 5. But in the off chance that there is another direct Alien sequel I will just file it next to my Legacy and Quadrilogy boxed sets.
How can everyone be saying AvP is a bad movie when they are only in pre production and have not even started filming yet,they have'nt even hired all of the actors yet,geez talk about jumping the gun on bad mouthing a movie
Old 12-03-03, 12:43 AM
Cool New Member

If you ask me this new set is stuffed with one too many films as it is. The only thing that bothers me is that Fox is crazy enough to do yet another asinine sequel. Not that I wanna prejudge, but watching Alien Resurrection was enough of a disgrace for me. Why beat this dead horse any further? Just leave it be.

Once I jettison the unneeded fourth film from my set, it'll be the perfect 7 disc, 3 part Trilogy!

Last edited by DVDOtaku13; 12-03-03 at 01:30 AM.
Old 12-03-03, 05:00 AM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I already like to pretend that "Aliens" was the last movie in the series.
Have you seen the Special Edition of Alien 3? It has totally redeemed itself for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.