DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   WWE Bloodbath questions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/331073-wwe-bloodbath-questions.html)

dan31655 11-20-03 12:23 AM

WWE Bloodbath questions

for those who have got this 2-disc dvd set, I have seen match listings on sites but it doesn't say if there full.They show alot of matches but I wondering if there clips or entire matches.Can someone who has this share the info

thanks in advance

JoeyOhhhh 11-20-03 12:44 AM

Here are the full matches:

Bob Backlund v. Pat Patterson
Jimmy Snuka v. Don Muraco
Magnum TA v. Tully Blanchard
Bret Hart v. Owen Hart
HHH v. Mankind
Edge v. Kurt Angle
Bruno Sammartino v. Ivan Koloff
Bob Backlund v. Stan Hansen
Ric Flair v. Dusty Rhodes
Rock n Roll Express v. Andersons
Shawn Michaels v Marty Jannetty

I can't speak for the ones they show clips of, but Hogan?Orndorff is almost complete (its missing footage of a brawl and post match Heenan ass kicking)

Brett44 11-20-03 05:16 AM

Originally posted by JoeyOhhhh
Here are the full matches:

Bob Backlund v. Pat Patterson
Jimmy Snuka v. Don Muraco
Magnum TA v. Tully Blanchard
Bret Hart v. Owen Hart
HHH v. Mankind
Edge v. Kurt Angle
Bruno Sammartino v. Ivan Koloff
Bob Backlund v. Stan Hansen
Ric Flair v. Dusty Rhodes
Rock n Roll Express v. Andersons
Shawn Michaels v Marty Jannetty

I can't speak for the ones they show clips of, but Hogan?Orndorff is almost complete (its missing footage of a brawl and post match Heenan ass kicking)

The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Andersons is actually cut although the WWE says it's complete. I compared it to a videotape of the match I have, it's missing almost 7 minutes in the middle where the Andersons beat on Rickey Morten before he makes the hot tag. By the way, there's no reason for this to be cut as it's widely available as a full match. The WWE got lazy with this one.

Brett

Dubya 11-20-03 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Brett44
The Rock n Roll Express vs. The Andersons is actually cut although the WWE says it's complete. I compared it to a videotape of the match I have, it's missing almost 7 minutes in the middle where the Andersons beat on Rickey Morten before he makes the hot tag. By the way, there's no reason for this to be cut as it's widely available as a full match. The WWE got lazy with this one.

Brett

Yeah it looks as though they used the footage from the Starrcade 86 VHS tape which had several matches truncated. The complete 20 minute match is on the "Best of Starrcade" VHS tape. If the sales of this dvd and the Flair set are good then maybe somewhere down the line we will see dvd releases of Starrcade's glory years (83-87).

CaseyB 12-06-03 02:36 PM

I'm on the second disc. They should have done away with the feature and just had all complete matches. I noticed the cut in the Andersons/RnR match and Backlund/Patterson was edited a bit.

I haven't seen most of these matches in many years...one thing I noticed this time around was during the Blanchard/Magnum match was Tully handing the blade to Baby Doll after he used it.

It's great having Muraco/Snuka on DVD, but I wish Snuka/Backlund was also complete. Hit the right arrow in the extras section when Muraco/Snuka is highlighted for a great Roger's Corner that started their feud. I was surprised they added this since it could be considered politically incorrect regarding Muraco's comment about Tito Santana.