Pulp Fiction Collector's Box set opinions

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here have this set? Is it worth the extra dough? The contents of the DVD in the box set are the same as the 'collector's edition' correct? Even though it looks like it has a different cover.

Just looking for some general opinions on this set, thanks!

product page on bestbuy
Old 11-04-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's from the same people (Creative Design Arts) who made those big box limited box sets of The Perfect Storm, Matrix, wizard of Oz, etc.

This box set will include a 2-disc treatment of the film with the first DVD entitled Pulp Fiction and the second disc entitled Pulp Fact (both look very cool), a CD soundtrack, a 35mm collectable senitype, a 16-page full color commemorative booklet featuring production stills and exclusive behind-the-scenes images of the film.

Link: http://www.audiovideoforum.com/featu...a_2002_p2.html
Old 11-04-03, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the info matome. I'm still wondering though if this:

is the same(content-wise) as this:

Old 11-04-03, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What don't you understand?

The grey box contains the Collector's Edition of Pulp Fiction (the black cover, pictured) and the soundtrack and a film cell.
Old 11-04-03, 02:48 PM
Retired

The DVD's are the same, you just get the extra junk (soundtrack and filmcell) in the collector set.

So if you're one of those people that collects DVDs, or are a huge pulp fiction fan and want to collect pf related stuff, by that set.

If you just want the movie and special features, just get the cheaper DVD only collectors edition.
Old 11-04-03, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by Brain Stew

The grey box contains the Collector's Edition of Pulp Fiction (the black cover, pictured) and the soundtrack and a film cell.
All of you Howad Dean supporters are angry people. No need to get on anybody's case.
Old 11-04-03, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Brain Stew

I just figured the grey box, was the version of the DVD in the 'box set', and that, along with all the other junk came in yet another box- since it doesn't show the regular black box in the picture. No need to be an idiot about it.
Old 11-04-03, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
The DVD's are the same, you just get the extra junk (soundtrack and filmcell) in the collector set.

So if you're one of those people that collects DVDs, or are a huge pulp fiction fan and want to collect pf related stuff, by that set.

If you just want the movie and special features, just get the cheaper DVD only collectors edition.

Thanks, yeah I think going to go ahead and order it(not from BB). I actually never got around to buying PF on DVD, and Quentin is doing a signing near me.
Old 11-04-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whilst we are on the subject of 'Pulp Fiction' (Apologies for not starting a thread in the correct - international-forum) but looks as though a nice version of the Collectors edition is being released in France - same extras as R1 but with an exclusive 25min Tarantino feature and also a CD soundtrack (5 tracks) and possibly better transfer???

http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?7390
Old 11-04-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't you people SEE?!! It's in a BIG BOX, so it's BETTER!!!!
Old 11-04-03, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by RichDB10
Whilst we are on the subject of 'Pulp Fiction' (Apologies for not starting a thread in the correct - international-forum) but looks as though a nice version of the Collectors edition is being released in France - same extras as R1 but with an exclusive 25min Tarantino feature and also a CD soundtrack (5 tracks) and possibly better transfer???

http://www.dvdrama.com/news.php?7390

Wowee, that's a nice looking set. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-04-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm sorry to jump on your case, but a previous post had already answered your question quite well, and it seemed you didn't bother to read it.
Old 11-04-03, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's a nice looking set as well.
Old 11-04-03, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by chucks888
Wowee, that's a nice looking set. Thanks for the heads up.
Cool idea, but the time period is screwed up, makes it look like Pulp Fiction was set in the 1800's. All you gotta do is put this next to your copies of Moby Dick and War and Peace.

Old 11-04-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I USED TO OWN THE PULP FICTION LIMITED EDITION SET FROM CREATIVE ART DESIGN!

I am critical of it, even though I'm a HUGE P.F. fan and I'll tell you why.

The box is horrible. It is just a little too wide and just a little to tall to fit on a standard dvd shelf. You open it up and there are 2 hubs to hold dvds, one on the left and one on the right... but wait a minute, there are 3 discs. That's right, one of the hubs has to hold 2 discs. You would think that they'd put a dvd on each side and the cd in a slipsleeve of somekind but no. Mine arrived with cd on the left and the 2 dvds stacked on top of each other on the right.
The cd is not even the full soundtrack, it's like 5 or 6 songs. I own the soundtrack on cd and there's at least 10 songs on it I think.
It was also supposed to come with a 35mm senitype and mine did not. Of course any contact with the e-tailer I bought it from (BestPrices.com) would not help me. I contacted them 7 times and finally got an e-mail back telling me I was SOL and to contact Creative Art Design, they would not help me either. So I got SCREWED on that.
You're better of buying a 3-disc case, printout some coverart for it, buy the 2-disc CE and the soundtrack all to make your own collector's set.
If they gave you the FULL soundtrack, a better case to hold the stuff, and were guaranteed to get the senitype (good luck), then it would be worth it to me. Creative Design Art has saved me some money on this one, because this was my first collector's/limited edition type boxed set purchased from them, and it has totally turned me from even considering buying anything else from them.
Old 11-04-03, 11:51 PM

I love the movie but I think I'll stick with my 2-disc version. I already have the soundtrack anyway.
Old 11-05-03, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It never occured to me that there might still be people out there without the PF soundtrack . . . that was a "no brainer" purchase back when the VHS version of the film came out (which, BTW, was released in both WS and FF).

Ahh . . . the QT soundtrack collection . . . a double-pack containing the soundtrack for PF and RD. A jewel of my music collection . . .

. . . and it came with an insert.
Old 11-05-03, 03:13 AM

Totally valuable insight there smart-ass thanks: I'll be ordering the 2-disc.
Old 11-05-03, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by chucks888
Totally valuable insight there smart-ass thanks: I'll be ordering the 2-disc.
??? ???
Old 11-05-03, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 507 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally posted by talemyn
??? ???
Actually, chucks888 was politely thanking SMART-ASS for his informative post. At first glance I was perturbed as well, but after looking more closely I see no harm/no foul.
Old 11-05-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder how many people SMART-ASS has gotten into trouble on these boards with his username!
Old 11-05-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by matome
I wonder how many people SMART-ASS has gotten into trouble on these boards with his username!
I think we should call him "The Artist Formerly Known As SMART-ASS" to clear the confusion . . .

Old 11-05-03, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by AGuyNamedMike
Actually, chucks888 was politely thanking SMART-ASS for his informative post. At first glance I was perturbed as well, but after looking more closely I see no harm/no foul.
It's true it's true