Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Any news on the Batman Animated Series set??

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 12:55 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking to see if there is any future release of ALL of the Batman The Animated Series from the 90's?? I think there are 109 episodes in total, any news on this???
Old 11-03-03, 09:33 AM

Check out this link:

http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=132
Old 11-03-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

But also, before you get your hopes up, it should be noted that Warner was suppose to make an announcement at their DVD - TV conference last week and nothing was mentioned, beyond the fact that the Animated Superman series will see it's first offical DVD release. And once again, before you get to excited about that, the release is simply 'Superman: The Last Son of Krypton' feature, that has been on VHS for a few years now...

I don't know what WB is stalling on. Originally they released the compliation snapper discs, now they aren't doin' that, but say they have plans for a box set - yet they don't confirm when ?

If it helps, go to Columbia House. Call 'em up, tell them you want to subscribe to their Batman: The Animated Series set. Six episodes per disc, every two weeks. They are on volume ten right now.
Old 11-03-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I really don't understand about Warner is that Rhino is a sub company (or however you describe it) of Warner, and Warne can see that Rhino's animation box sets are doing phenominal business. I guess Warner thinks that only kiddies would want Batman, forgetting the adults who were attracted to the series, and forgetting the kiddies have grown up and are getting into DVD now that liked the series when they were younger, and forgetting that there are new audiences introduced to the series thru Cartoon Network and word of mouth.
Old 11-03-03, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Doesn't Columbia House stop after 10 volumes that's how it is with Woody Woodpecker meaning you won't get all the releases.
Old 11-05-03, 12:48 AM
Suspended

LivingINClip-I had no idea about the Columbia House set, thanks for the heads up...though I might wait it out and hope and pray for a box set of ALL the episodes, I appreciate the info though, damn WB is so wishy washy on things....
Old 11-08-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just going to wait for a real box set.