Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

ANOTHER Indiana Jones thread...boy do I feel like a SUCKER!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-03, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look what people/a person/folks are getting for the 5th "rare" Best Buy disc on eBay! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8057&category=

I should have just got it at Best Buy and sold the 5th disc...it would have been like getting the box set for $5.00. Wonder if the people buying this will be mad once they find out it's only 10 minutes?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-26-03 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-26-03, 04:27 PM

That's neat, BUT it's look what "a person" is getting on ebay. There is another auction above it for the same disc $9.99 NO BIDS.
Old 10-26-03, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, I think “people” is used correctly, although, personally, I prefer “folks” ‘cause it sounds a lot less finger-pointerish.

Now, if it was “people is,” then there’d be a problem, even on this board.

And, just in case we weren’t speaking about grammar issues, there’s a coupla more items at over 20 bucks.

Also, if one person bids on and wins all the auctions, then Adam would be correct. But that’s unlikely.
Old 10-26-03, 05:24 PM

And look at what a 'person' is getting by selling the set individually. Right now Raiders is at $26, the TOD at $16.49, the Last Crusade at $20.07, and the bonus disk at $7.06. Thats like $70 for the set. Not bad.
Old 10-26-03, 05:38 PM

Yikes... though the highest bidder has zero feedback, it could be shill bidding and just trying to cause a false demand.
Old 10-26-03, 06:57 PM

Remember Alien 5th disc? its the same thing all over again, except Indy is like 10X more popular. I preordered Indy for $35 and bought another copy for $47 including tax at Best Buy because of the extra disc and dont regret it one bit (Im giving my first copy as a housewarming gift most likely if I cant trade it). Anyway, I think we'll be seeing $50-70 for this puppy or more by XMAS, and btw, the documentary is EXCELLENT for a ten minuter and I think Lucasfilm should have never licensed it as a Best Buy exclusive...
Old 10-26-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am shocked. I am not that surpised about the individual titles, but suprised about the bonus disk, which I have
Old 10-26-03, 07:10 PM

I would have picked it up if it were a little longer but I figured I wasn't missing much since it's only 10 minutes.
Congratulations to the person/people/folks who are making $$$ on eBay. Judging by the price I guess they're impossible to find at Best Buy now and people think it's longer than 10 minutes.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-26-03 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-26-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CaseyB
I would have picked it up if it were a little longer but I figured I wasn't missing much since it's only 10 minutes.
Congratulations to the person/people/folks who are making $$$ on eBay. Judging by the price I guess they're impossible to find at Best Buy now and people think it's longer than 10 minutes.
I was "window-shopping" at my Best Buy yesterday and they had like 35-40 sets with the bonus disc. Not too rare yet... but I'll have to keep tabs on how much these are going for. If the extra disc starts going for $30-$40, then I'm goin' back and buying 4-5 more sets and selling the bonus discs and giving the sets away for x-mas.
Old 10-27-03, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
They had a bunch of the boxsets with the bonus disk at Best Buy today, but only in Full Screen so I had to pass.
Old 10-27-03, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
We need more Indy threads. LOTS more.
Old 10-27-03, 07:04 PM

Wow....if this keeps up, I'm definitely going to be selling my bonus disc. It's ok and all, but for $15-20, it's history and that would mean I paid $15-20 for the rest of the set. Pretty sweet.

Oh, and I agree......lots more Indy threads!