DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Top Ten MGM Midnite Movies Not Out Yet (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/325882-top-ten-mgm-midnite-movies-not-out-yet.html)

Alan Brom 10-24-03 10:00 AM

Top Ten MGM Midnite Movies Not Out Yet

Here's a list of MGM Midnite Movies horror titles that I would love to see on DVD next year. I hope they do more than one batch in 2004!

Dr. Goldfoot and The Girl Bombs
Queen of Blood
Twins of Evil
Return of Dracula
Old Dracula
The Blood on Satan's Claw
Return of Count Yorga
The Conqueror Worm
Madhouse (1974)
The Incredible Two Headed Transplant
Love at First Bite
Vampire Circus
Ghost in the Invisible Bikini
Konga
Blood and Lace
Master of the World
The House That Screamed

BLACULA and SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM coming in January on the "soul cinema" line!!!

Steve Phillips 10-24-03 11:26 AM

GIRL BOMBS is easily Mario Bava's worst film. Painfully bad, and not in an entertaining way. Still, it should be on DVD, I agree...

Alan Brom 10-24-03 11:26 AM

DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE GIRL BOMBS is the sequel, again with Price. It was directed in Italy by Mario Bava, and considered to be his worst, but I still want it on DVD.

Village of the Damned/Children of the Damned are owned by Warner Brothers, so it's up to them to release them on DVD.

Drexl 10-24-03 11:30 AM

So which are the top ten and which are the seven honorable mentions? :)

Mutley Hyde 10-24-03 11:31 AM

Without a doubt, my choice is Twins of Evil.

Throw in Vampire Circus and Konga too. :up:

devilpants 10-24-03 11:34 AM

I'd like to propose a double feature of Wild In The Streets/Riot on the Sunset Strip. :thumbsup:

Geofferson 10-24-03 01:45 PM

:up: for Return of Count Yorga!

F For Fake 10-24-03 01:56 PM

Twins of Evil! How long ago did I sign that freakin' petition...

markdclark43016 10-24-03 02:12 PM

So YOU'RE the guy who likes THE GIRL BOMBS!

TWINS OF EVIL, VAMPIRE CIRCUS and THE CONQUEROR WORM (aka WITCHFINDER GENERAL) are all available in excellent R2 editions, if you have a region-free player.

Of the others on your list, the ones I'd most like to see are THE BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW and THE RETURN OF COUNT YORGA ( actually, I'd like a double with both YORGA films - then they can take the current one oop).

I think, from an old TV contract, MGM also owns the rights to 2 of Bela Lugosi's Monogram films, which would make an excellent double: VOODOO MAN/RETURN OF THE APE MAN.

And I'd love to see more of the 1950s/early 60s AIP stuff.

Alan Brom 10-24-03 02:27 PM

Originally posted by devilpants
I'd like to propose a double feature of Wild In The Streets/Riot on the Sunset Strip.:thumbsup:
I totally agree! And Corman's Gassss as well. I was just listing "horror" here, but I love all the American International hippy and biker films. Where do we write to MGM for requests?

gutwrencher 10-24-03 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Alan Brom
DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE GIRL BOMBS is the sequel, again with Price. It was directed in Italy by Mario Bava, and considered to be his worst, but I still want it on DVD.

I need all Bava on dvd...this is essential for that part of the library.

dvd-4-life 10-24-03 06:09 PM

Fearless Vampire Killers and there is a R0 release from Brazil.

THE ALCHEMIST 10-24-03 08:15 PM

yes -Wild in the Streets rocks!!!! Peace.......

mike45 10-24-03 08:34 PM

They have the first two of the trilogy.

What's taking so long for "Twins Of Evil"?

Darryl 10-24-03 10:16 PM

WITCHFINDER GENERAL has surfaced recently as a region 0. The R2 Hammer box set containing VAMPIRE CIRCUS / COUNTESS DRACULA and TWINS OF EVIL is easily worth the $40.00 price...they're anamorphic too!

Sonicflood 10-24-03 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Darryl
WITCHFINDER GENERAL has surfaced recently as a region 0. The R2 Hammer box set containing VAMPIRE CIRCUS / COUNTESS DRACULA and TWINS OF EVIL is easily worth the $40.00 price...they're anamorphic too!
Yep, I bought Witchfinder General earlier this year from Blackstar & can confirm that it is region 0! I was surprised to find this out after I received it. It's one of my favorite films.

Sonicflood

JamesBrian 10-24-03 11:35 PM

The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant is on a $5.99 Capcom DVD along with a not-so-great transfer of Invasion of the Bee Girls.

davey_4964 10-24-03 11:47 PM

I'm still hoping for The Town That Dreaded Sundown, i think MGM owns the right to this.

Davey M.

dullboy 10-25-03 04:01 AM

Whatever happened to The Incredible Melting Man on DVD?

Darryl 10-25-03 05:03 AM

I read somewhere that Synapse bought the rights and is doing a special edition disc... However, there is a German import of Melting Man under the title Der Planet Saturn lapt schon grupen. The disc was issued last year. Only extra is a theatrical trailer. Aspect ratio is 1.78 and it's anamorphic also. CMV Laservision is the company that released it.

Zarthaniel 10-25-03 07:40 AM

i don't know who owns the rights to it

but "Night of the Lepus" needs to be on DVD

Doc Moonlight 10-25-03 07:49 AM

Three in the Cellar/Three in the Attic

dinsdale piranha 10-25-03 10:27 AM

1. Burn Witch, Burn (aka Night of the Eagle)
2. Conqueror Worm (aka Witchfinder General)
3. Vampire Circus
4. Twins of Evil
5. Hands of the Ripper
6. Madhouse
7. I, Monster
8. Last Man on Earth
9. Quatermass Xperiment
10. Master of the World

I'm not sure, though, that MGM has the rights to all of these.

Daniel McKenzey 10-25-03 09:29 PM

The Catcom version of INCREDIBLE TWO HEADED TRANSPLANT is a cut TV print, and looks horrid. MGM has it remastered and uncut on cable TV, and I too want them to do an official 16x9 DVD on the Midnite series. They should also do INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS which they own as well. I also want to see LAND THAT TIME FORGOT out.

Daniel McKenzey 10-25-03 10:59 PM

...and another big vote here for RETURN OF COUNT YORGA.

Most of these titles you guys have listed, I would purchase in a heartbeat, so I hope they are coming our way soon on dvd!!!