Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Star Wars OT coming in 2004?? Hmm

Old 10-11-03, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, but I found this article over at ign.com that has this interesting blurb towards the bottom.

"In other Star Wars-related news, we've heard that the Rogue Squadron trilogy of games (Rogue Squadron (N64), Rogue Leader (GCN), Rebel Strike (GCN)) is making its way to the 'Box in late 2004 to coincide with the DVD release of the first three movies (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi)."

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/454/454215p1.html

Who knows where they heard this information from though, probably some kid around the corner.
Old 10-11-03, 01:15 PM
Banned

Star Wars OT rumor thread #9,372
Old 10-11-03, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=Star+Wars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2003/09/0..._article.shtml
Old 10-11-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Yeah, cause if there was news about the trilogy, it would be only noted in the xbox section of IGN...
Old 10-11-03, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry, I did a search for a somewhat relevant thread and nothing came up about current rumors/heresay.
Old 10-11-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...welll... y'know... heresay or theresay... it's only rumors...

. . . . . .
Old 10-11-03, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hendrick : And I never said it was anything more than that...
Old 10-11-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The fact Indy came out makes me think there is really something to the Star Wars rumor.
Old 10-12-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,352 Likes on 999 Posts
Originally posted by flashburn
Sorry, I did a search for a somewhat relevant thread and nothing came up about current rumors/heresay.

I updated that thread speedy noted on 10/5. I think that's somewhat current.

There are many reasons noted in that thread about why we're probably going to see these DVDs next year.

I also have to say your source might have something too. Remember how they put in that "documentary" on the Episode 1 DVD that was really just an advertisement in disguise? Lucas is very much into the merchandising, and the game people probably would have some info before anyone else.
Old 10-12-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Hendrik:

With respect to your post and Flashburn's response - LOL!!!
Old 10-12-03, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm starting to think there may be something to this. I've heard this rumor several times now, from several different sources, making it sound like it could come out Fall 2004, just before the next movie.

Hmmmm....indeed.

Regardless, I won't fully believe it until I'm holding it.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 10-12-03 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-12-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath, but I hope its true.

I mean the past couple years, including this one, has seen the releases of the major trilogies out there.
Old 10-12-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

its possiable, but not likely. I want take anything for real till I hear it come out of GL's mouth.
Old 10-12-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This thread makes me laugh.
Old 10-12-03, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just heard that the set will sell for 30.00 and all proceeds will go to the Get GL A Clue Foundation.
Old 10-12-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

With blockbuster releases and trilogies coming out such as E.T., BTTF, and now Indy, Star Wars next year seems plausible. It's just a matter of WHICH Star Wars.

Last edited by DavidH; 10-12-03 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-12-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DavidH
. . . Star Wars next year seems plausible. It's just a matter of WHICH Star Wars.
I hope it's the Double Secret, Extreme Redo, back of the Canina Bootleg version, where Greedo shoots first killing Han, Luke accidentally lands his ship on Yoda and eventually converts to the dark side, Vader reveals that he is really a showtune-humming, drag queen from Endor, and Leia marries Lando and Wicket AND that all of the special effects are done in rough crayon drawings AND that it is the only version released EVER . . . just so that I can watch the heads of half of the people in this forum burst into a splendorous display of multi-colored flames . . .

</rant>

Phew . . . I feel better . . .
Old 10-13-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by talemyn
I hope it's the Double Secret, Extreme Redo, back of the Canina Bootleg version, where Greedo shoots first killing Han, Luke accidentally lands his ship on Yoda and eventually converts to the dark side, Vader reveals that he is really a showtune-humming, drag queen from Endor, and Leia marries Lando and Wicket AND that all of the special effects are done in rough crayon drawings AND that it is the only version released EVER . . . just so that I can watch the heads of half of the people in this forum burst into a splendorous display of multi-colored flames . . .

</rant>

Phew . . . I feel better . . .
Word up.
Old 10-13-03, 07:14 AM

I'm prepared for it to be nothing more than a rumor, but it does seem to make sense to release them late next year. It would get the Star Wars buzz at a fever pitch and then culminate in the release of the "final" Star Wars movie. And please include the "original" originals!
Old 10-13-03, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Supposedly (according to the article I read on thedigitalbits) Lucas is quite happy with the final results of the Indiana Jones DVD and is more than willing to get going faster on getting the Star Wars DVDs out (which, from what I recall around the time Episode One came out, were supposed to come out AFTER episode three came to DVD) for a fall 2004 release. I doubt anything concrete has been set, but that's the insider buzz. We will see, though, won't we? One thing to consider is did we expect to see Indiana Jones on DVD this year? That was kind of the surprise announcement earlier this year that nobody wanted to believe at first, and yet here we are with just a couple more weeks to go.
Old 10-13-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by talemyn
I hope it's the Double Secret, Extreme Redo, back of the Canina Bootleg version, where Greedo shoots first killing Han, Luke accidentally lands his ship on Yoda and eventually converts to the dark side, Vader reveals that he is really a showtune-humming, drag queen from Endor, and Leia marries Lando and Wicket AND that all of the special effects are done in rough crayon drawings AND that it is the only version released EVER . . .
You enjoy that... as long as it's Lucas' original vision, it's okay with you, right?
Old 10-13-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by whaaat
You enjoy that... as long as it's Lucas' original vision, it's okay with you, right?
Absolutely!!!
Old 10-14-03, 06:10 PM
Banned

Question

Can someone answer me a question. WE are all getting excited about the possibility of Lucas giving us the Star Wars OT next year, packaged very similar to how Indy is from what I am told. However, hasn't Lucas stated numerous times that he plans to go back and fix up the OT by adding scenes that would make it blend together with this new trilogy he's done? Isn't that Lucas' plan?
Old 10-14-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 893 Likes on 631 Posts
Dalvin. Yes, supposedly he shot some of Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa to add to SW, whether that was rumor or fact, who knows. There were some other little tidbits like that as well.

But SW has seen numerous releases on video. His final "vision" never got in the way of releasing a dozen versions on VHS. So what's going to stop him from a couple different releases on DVD? I'd love the OT before ep.3 comes out. Then a giant box set after, with the new versions and loaded with features.
Old 10-14-03, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dalvin
Can someone answer me a question. WE are all getting excited about the possibility of Lucas giving us the Star Wars OT next year, packaged very similar to how Indy is from what I am told. However, hasn't Lucas stated numerous times that he plans to go back and fix up the OT by adding scenes that would make it blend together with this new trilogy he's done? Isn't that Lucas' plan?
For two reasons:

1. Lucas hasn't stated 'numerous times' that he plans to add scenes. In fact, I believe he's denied it. Unless someone can point me to a specific quote, I consider this to be just rumor.

2. More importantly, for many people, the more scenes/effects that are added to these films, the LESS interested we are in getting them. I personally want to see something as close as possible to what I saw in the theater. Not an Episode IV with reaction shots of Jar-Jar added in...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.