Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Right, Everyone Back To The Creek - It's Season 2!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-03, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look....

Columbia Tristar have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Dawson's Creek - The Complete Second Season for 16th December 2003 with a retail price of $49.95. This four disc set contains the episodes from season two presented in 1.33:1 Full Screen with English Dolby Surround audio and the following extra features:

* Spanish and Portugese subtitles
* Audio Commentaries
* Interactive Tour of Capeside
* Dawson's Creek Summer Diaries
* Brand new music selected by the executive producer

I have the cover art, but being a dumbass, I don't know how to post it
Old 10-03-03, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
[img] http://theimagesurl.com/image/coverimage-season2.jpg [/img]

Remove spaces.
Old 10-03-03, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm there. Can't wait to get this. I wasn't able to watch the later years, but I saw all of S1 and S2. Can't wait to add this set.
Old 10-03-03, 08:25 AM
Cat

I have been waiting for this announcement! I really liked the first couple of seasons and then got to where I started missing episodes and never got back into it. I watched Season One with my fiance, who had never seen an episode, and she was hooked.

Cat
Old 10-03-03, 11:09 AM

Brand New Music?

What's the Brand New Music about? Did they alter the original soundtrack?
Old 10-03-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Brand New Music?

Originally posted by enoque
What's the Brand New Music about? Did they alter the original soundtrack?
Don't know for sure, but I bet they couldn't get all the rights to the original music, so they changed some...?
Old 12-21-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Yeah, they changed some music I'm extremely pissed about that! I feel it's no different than OAR in films, The Creek will never be the same as it's original airing
Old 12-21-03, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like you should be calling it 'Daw$on'$ Creek' or something.
Old 12-21-03, 03:36 PM

Yah, but I have heard that they didn't have a choice because of the music rights costs. Supposedly (don't remember where I read it), the first season didn't sell as well so they did not have the money to secure the rights. I mean, I hate it, but if it was really something unavoidable like that, I guess I'll have to live with it. Once I get digital cable, I am going to probably record them all to DVD. Yes, I admit, I was a fan of this show when it aired while I was in high school and I still find it pretty fun.
Old 12-21-03, 04:19 PM

The way I look at it is you're damned if you do; damned if you don't. They could have secured the rights to the music, but that would mean a higher msrp like $150 for X-Files box sets and I'm sure they'll be a massive bitchfest here if they go that route. If they put generic music, you'll have purist jumping up and down like you have now! Maybe they should release both sets with different MSRP so people can who can afford it can pay the higher price. But putting extra products out there with limited fan base (as compared to other more popular sets like Buffy or Star Trek) may eat into Columbia's profits.
Old 12-21-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Personally, I couldn't care less. Yeah, it sucks that they had to change some of the music, but whatever they replaced it with worked just as well and for anyone who didn't see them originally (and that's a lot of people), it's not big deal. I only saw a few here and there when they were first airing and didn't even notice music had been changed until I saw this. Bottom line, I'm here for the actual show, and while having anything changed isn't great news, it's not gonna deter the fact that this set is great.
Old 12-21-03, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yep, I agree with Al, I'm just happy to have the show on dvd in season sets. I watched the series when it originally aired and can vaguely even remember what each episode was about, let alone the music used!

I can't wait for Season 3, anyone know when it will be released?
Old 12-22-03, 08:18 AM

Was it just me, or is the quality on this DVD set really bad? They squeezed 5-6 episodes onto each disc which is about 5 hours of video. The picture looked extremely grainy, and for what I payed for it I was just expecting a little more. It's ok though, it brought back all of those high school memories, can't wait for season 3.
Old 12-22-03, 08:41 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Mountain Biker
Yep, I agree with Al, I'm just happy to have the show on dvd in season sets. I watched the series when it originally aired and can vaguely even remember what each episode was about, let alone the music used!
I'm with you - just happy to have it released on DVD.
Old 12-22-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The VQ on Season 1 wasn't anything to write home about, either, but I think it's about the same on for Season 2. I was expecting a lot worse because of 5-6 episodes being squeezed onto each disc, but there've only been a couple of seasons during a few episodes where the VQ has been noticeably bad. Once again, sucks that Columbia couldn't put more effort into it, but I'm just glad to have the show on DVD, especially with some features.

Season 2 took about eight months to drop after Season 1, but I'd expect somewhere between another 6-8 months before we see the third season. While I'll definitely get it when it comes out, I won't be dying to grab it, as Season 2 was the last great one, IMO. Season 3 was pretty good, but once Kevin Williamson left the show, its toned changed a little and it became a little too much like a soap opera, something it had managed to barely avoid during its first two seasons.
Old 12-25-03, 12:39 AM
Cool New Member

I caught the last season and I've bought the first season. I try and catch up on TBS in the mornings, but it doesn't work. I'll definately be buying season 2!