Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Help ID'ing DVD Cases?

Help ID'ing DVD Cases?

Old 10-01-03, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help ID'ing DVD Cases?

Hi all,

My first post here I've just recently got into repairing and remaking covers for my old DVDs and I bought a cheap lot of cases off the net - the trouble is I cannot find a template that will fit them

Was wondering if anyone could help identify them:

On a lighter note, I'm currently working on a new insert to replace my cardboard True Romance case. Next up is a Boiler Room replacement (and the purchase of a Canon i860 printer tomorrow).

If anyone has any requests, I could certainly try to do them - finding good source art is the worst part though.

TIA.

Railz

Front:

Back

Old 10-01-03, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Looks like a Spider type case (I don't like them) They are smaller than amaray cases.
Old 10-01-03, 05:53 AM

Any idea what template would fit them or am I going to have to break out the ruler and some trial and error?

I agree with you though - I'm not too fond of them either. They're nothing like the website picture and feel rather flimsy, but I guess you can't complain too much when they're $15 for 50.
Old 10-01-03, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't know, I got rid of all my Spiders. Have you tried the template on dvdgreek.com?
Old 10-02-03, 12:46 PM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

DL the blank template and print it out as an outline so you can see if itll fit without wasting ink.
Old 10-02-03, 02:47 PM

Thanks Duz - tired it out and they seem to be standard size except the spine is very slightly smaller.

Now I just have to figure out how to print a 10.8" layout on a 11" glossy without it cropping the end off. The new Canon i860 drivers won't turn off borders.
Old 10-02-03, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by railz
Now I just have to figure out how to print a 10.8" layout on a 11" glossy without it cropping the end off. The new Canon i860 drivers won't turn off borders.

What I do is:
Tape a half sheet of standard paper to the 'tale' of the photo paper.

Then tell the printer that you are using 8.5"X14" Legal paper.

Set/move image to leading edge of print out. how you would do this depends on the image program and printer and printer driver you are using.
I use Photohop and a Lexmark Z45 printer, if I set the leading edge of the image to start printing at 0.173" then the tale edge print flush with the end of the photo paper... this way I only need to trim three sides of the finished cover.

--David