Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Scarface sold out ALL across South Miami,FL

Scarface sold out ALL across South Miami,FL

Old 10-01-03, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the box-set was sold out at my local Best Buy and Circuit City when I went last night so I had to settle for the single disc. Both places said they sold out of the box sets by noon. I was really surprised at the demand for this one. I knew it was popular but I didn't think it was THAT popular.
Old 10-01-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lesterlong
riced out, huh?
check out Clubsi.com for more info. They hate riced out hondas.

Haven't seen Scarface, but I'm seriously thinking about getting it, but unfortunetly for me I have lost my wallet.
Old 10-01-03, 10:57 AM

All this means to me is I will be able to find it on the cheap -everywhere- after just a short wait. People will be throwing copies of Scarface in for free on eBay when you bid on an order of soup!
Old 10-01-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If it's sold out in South miami, then go to North, East or West maybe it's still available there
Old 10-01-03, 11:52 AM

there was this huge line at circuit city were it was 15.99..... they were almost sold out. the display at the front was totally empty, and there were about 10 in the new release section. I went with 3 friends and we each bought one.
Old 10-01-03, 12:50 PM

I got to Best Buy when they opened and said that they were sold out of the Box set. I asked how, if I was one of the first through the door, like always I got the Homer Simpson response "I don't know". While I was there I overheard some of the employees there asking each other if they got there box set. So the employees at Best Buy kept the box sets for themselves which is totally messed up (pardon my French). So they had no more for the consumer.
Old 10-01-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Best Buy add does say the Box Set is limited to 20 per store. So I guess 20 employees have the Box Set
Old 10-01-03, 01:43 PM

I got it from netflix already.
Old 10-01-03, 02:02 PM

If I'm correct the ad says "minimum 20 per per store" I think. Check the ad I don't have it in front of me right now.
Old 10-01-03, 02:14 PM

i was walking past a customer and an employee at my local Target, who were both confused by the box set. as they read the back of the package, neither could really grasp why anyone would be interested in an old black-and-white movie that had the same title as the '83 Pacino masterpiece.

the customer also wanted to make sure he got the full screen version, and i had to explain that the "fullscreen" in the boxset was for the old B&W version. he put it back and picked up the single disc full screen--which Target, of course, had tons of...

Fullscreen---when you care so little to watch the very least.
Old 10-01-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by lesterlong
I see, when I read 'rice' I immediately thought this was an Asian stereotype slang. I've heard the term 'rice' brought up before when talking about Hondas. Its just an odd coincidence.
you actually thought right. Asians, esp. in Southern California like to soup up their cars and race them. Asians thus call these cars "rice rockets." So all those cars in 2 Fast 2 Furious are all rice rockets.
Old 10-01-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Where are you looking in South Miami? I live in the heart of the city and there's plenty at the local Best Buy and Virgin Megastore. Also check out Spec's and, if that fails, the Disney Store.
Old 10-01-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone have any stats on how this DVD sold? I am amazed (well, maybe not) at the huge demand for it.
Old 10-01-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrBob
check out Clubsi.com for more info. They hate riced out hondas.

Haven't seen Scarface, but I'm seriously thinking about getting it, but unfortunetly for me I have lost my wallet.
Actually Clubsi.com is the offical "rice" honda boy club. Go to Honda-Tech.com if you want to see some clean cars.
Old 10-01-03, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Mopower
Actually Clubsi.com is the offical "rice" honda boy club. Go to Honda-Tech.com if you want to see some clean cars.
This is the original riceboy page. They've been baggin' on riceboys for years. BTW the owner is Asian but he hates this stuff.

http://www.riceboypage.com/
Old 10-01-03, 06:07 PM

The FYE at my store was the only store that had the set left. Bought it in a matter of seconds. $52.xx - $20.00 + $00.37 for a stamp + Free poster. Worth it.

And the people at Strawberries are dicks. I asked where the set was, saw to the left of the guy a few (between 3-5) sitting on the desk. She called over her boss, who then said they had two copies left, but they are reserved, and they won't be getting any more, ever. I moved over to see all the copies on the desk, and he moved to block my way. Dicks, they be. Dicks.
Old 10-01-03, 08:52 PM
Cool New Member

dam i was waiting for the weekend to go buy it but im guess imma go tommorow,i live in miami,florida too..universal ****ed up not giving the theater re-release a better one,cuz i had to drive all the ay to the beach to see it and the crowds were crazy..i grew up with the flick and it rules..i love it i love it
Old 10-01-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Turd Ferguson
Great, now everyone can carry around a wad of food stamps in their "TM" money clip from the box set.
Thanks for the idea; I was wondering what the **** to do with the stupid thing. (No alternative suggestions, please!)
Old 10-01-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dallas is cleaned out. I checked the Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target near me. Target had like 2 copies of Full Screen left, and 1 box set.. man. Best Buy had a huge display and it was empty. I was like .
Old 10-01-03, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
jeez lesterlong...

EVERYONE knows that
  • Hondas = Portugese
  • Toyota Corolla = Hispanics
  • and, umm...
that's all I got...
No, no, no.

Wait a minute.

*checks something*

Dang. My parents do own a Toyota Corolla.

But in South Dallas, PT Cruiser = Hispanics.

The "PT" stands for "Puro Tejano".

Personally, I drive an Avalanche. So there.

. . . and I picked up Scarface AND 2F2F.
Old 10-01-03, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Dallas is cleaned out. I checked the Best Buy, Circuit City, and Target near me. Target had like 2 copies of Full Screen left, and 1 box set.. man. Best Buy had a huge display and it was empty. I was like .
BB by Irving Mall had tons left around 8pm when I went.
Old 10-01-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll keep that in mind.. thanks!!