Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Two New Pearl Jam Releases Out 11/11/03 AD

Old 09-30-03, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read this on a different board a couple days ago, but they just posted the info on their website. I did a search, but didn't find anything about it. I can't wait, eventhough it's only adding to my long list of DVD purchases this holiday season.

Courtesy of pearljam.com
NEW: September 30, 2003 - Two new Pearl Jam Releases Out November 11, 2003

- A Double-CD Rarities Album entitled Lost Dogs

- A 2-DVD Set Entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden

Seattle, WA -- Pearl Jam will release their much-anticipated rarities and b-sides double album entitled Lost Dogs, as well as a 2- disc DVD of their July 8, 2003 concert performance at Madison Square Garden entitled Pearl Jam Live at the Garden. Both releases are currently set for November 11, 2003 through Epic Records.

Lost Dogs Rarities/B-sides Double Album
The 2-disc rarities album will include 31 tracks compiled from the band's extensive b-side archives and from various benefit albums and soundtracks. None of the included tracks have been previously featured on any of the band's studio albums. Suggested retail price will be $19.98. The tracklisting is as follows:

Disc One
All Night
Sad
Down
In The Moonlight
Hitchhiker
Don't Gimme No Lip
Alone
Education
"U"
Black, Red, Yellow
Leaving Here
Gremmie Out Of Control
Whale Song
Undone
Hold On
Yellow Ledbetter

Disc Two
Fatal
Other Side
Hard to Imagine
Footsteps
Wash
Dead Man
Strangest Tribe
Drifting
Let Me Sleep
Angel
Last Kiss
Sweet Lew
Dirty Frank
Brother Instrumental
Bee Girl

Pearl Jam Live at the Garden DVD
The band will also release a 2-disc DVD of their entire July 8th, 2003 Madison Square Garden show. Filmed by Pearl Jam crew members Liz Burns, Steve Gordon, Kevin Shuss and Brandon Vedder. Suggested retail price will be $19.98.

Main show highlights include:
[list=1][*]Performances with Ben Harper on "Daughter" and "Indifference"[*]Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks on "Sonic Reducer"[*]Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks on "Baba O'Riley"[/list=1]

Main show tracklisting includes:
Love Boat Captain
Last Exit
Save You
Green Disease
In My Tree
Cropduster
Even Flow
Gimme Some Truth
I Am Mine
Lowlight
Faithful
Wishlist
Lukin
Grievance
1/2 Full
Black
Spin The Black Circle
RVM
You Are
Thumbing My Way
Daughter (Featuring Ben Harper)
Crown of Thorns
Breath
Betterman
Evolution
Crazy Mary
Indifference (Featuring Ben Harper)
Sonic Reducer (Featuring Tony Barber of the Buzzcocks
Baba O'Riley (Featuring Steve Diggle of the Buzzcocks)
Yellow Ledbetter

In addition to the 2 hour and 40 minute performance, there are 30 minutes of bonus features, including:
[list=1][*]A solo performance of "Dead Man" by Ed Vedder;[*]A performance of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" in Perth, Australia with Mark Seymour of Hunters and Collectors [*]Montage of guest performances, set to the song "Fortunate Son" by Pearl Jam includes footage of Johnny Marr, Betchadupa, Cheetah Chrome, Sleater Kinney, Corin Tucker, Mike Tyler, Steve Earle, Jack Irons, Ben Harper, Billy Gibbons, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Idlewild, and the Buzzcocks[*]A compilation of clips from a number of Bushleaguer" performances on the 2003 Riot Act world tour.[*]Matt cam angle on five of the songs[*]Band outtakes set to "Down"[*]Crew montage set to "All Those Yesterdays"[/list=1]
K
Old 09-30-03, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if it will be widescreen or full frame like their previous live dvd?

Either way, sign me up
Old 09-30-03, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm guessing Widescreen b/c the previous live DVD of theirs (Live at the Showbox) released during the summer was anamorphic widescreen even though it was a small, fanclub only release. I hope they do the same with this one.

And yeah, I know the TB2K DVD of theirs was full frame, but that was a few years ago - hopefully they'll stick with the new!
Old 09-30-03, 05:51 PM

Can't wait for both! I just hope the film elements & cinematography are better than TB2K. That was pretty awful IMO & I'm a big Pearl Jam fan.

For me, 2003 has been a pretty darn good year for music dvds! Of course, YMMV.

GO CUBS

Last edited by bigE; 09-30-03 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-30-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet,its all mine,seen them twice this summer and heard the Garden show was one of there best on that tour,thanks for the info Corn 8)
Old 09-30-03, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No prob. I've seen them twice this year, once in April, once in June. Once a couple years ago. Strangely, I have never seen them play my favorite song (rearview mirror), eventhough they play it every tour. They always seem to play it the night before or after the show I go to. I'm planning on going to both shows next time though. To make sure. Hopefully they'll still be putting it in their setlists then.

K
Old 09-30-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 182 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=320387
Old 09-30-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yay, my first duplicate! Well, in all fairness, this was mainly for the DVD part of the news. For people who don't read the Music Talk section, like myself, this is helpful. As I said, I did a search, but I guess it only gave me results in DVD Talk, or else I wouldn't have posted. If the mods feel this needs to be closed, though I don't think it does, they can do so.

K