Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Ink refillers I buy my ink at the best cost savings of $65 a gallon, what a bargain!

Community
Search

Ink refillers I buy my ink at the best cost savings of $65 a gallon, what a bargain!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-03, 11:57 AM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buy my ink for $65 a gallon conforming to my Canon F20 mulipass with scanner on top. You might think it's too much but most places want and only carry up to a pint, most sell 4 ounces at minimum $18.95. You all know that there is 4...4 ounces to one pint and 2 pints to 1 quart and 4 quarts to become 'one' gallon, if you bought this size at $19 x 4 (4 ounce size) each it would be come to the amount which is $640.00-6 HUNDRED and 40 dollars plus all the taxes and shipping costs to be added to the above figure (s).

Consider this most ink cartidges contain 3x5 (color=15 ml total) to 9 milliliters of black ink, which is less than 1/3 of a ounce (30 milliters equal 1 ounce) at $8.99 and 'up' for just black ink 'refilled' ink cartriges or $12.99 for new cartriges. Color cartriges are priced from $9.99 and up/for(refilled) cartridges up to $29.99 for new cartriges.

The price if bought like this would be a whopping in the thousands (THOUSANDS of dollars price, so you see buying ink at $65 a gallon is not that 'bad' after all. If you read or use a calculator like I did for exact amounts for what has been truthfully typed, you can see that $65 a gallon is not expensive at all. Any place that sells ink that can be used for Canon F20 multifunction printer/scanners or your brand name and model bought? PLMK(Please Let Me Know)

P.S. There are 128 ounces to the USA liquid 'gallon', don't believe me pick up a 'gallon' of laundery detergent and read how many ounces are inside.
I buy my own laundery deturgent and I wash my own clothes, I know the above figure is correct because this is the size 'I' buy.
Old 09-30-03, 01:35 PM

You will burn out the print head on your printer long before you use up the gallon of refilling [unless you also refill friends and family cartridges]... And most printers now days are cheaper to replace than to replace the full print head cartridges!!

I have a Lexmark printer which it would cost me $60 for a new pair of cartridges (Black+color) and the whole new faster.. higher DPI printer can be purchased at my local Wal-Mart for $59.00

I have been refilling the same pair of cartridges now for 18 months, using a set of 4oz color + 8oz black from my supplier.. I print on the average of 300 multi color pages a month

Another thing... do you know how much trouble it is to clean up a spilled gallon of any liquid??

I had a spill of a 4oz bottle of ink and it took me a long time to get all the ink cleaned up........
Old 09-30-03, 05:35 PM
Rest in Peace

DEC29111

I take it your not retired like me who has the time to use a model airplane 'pump' to take out 2 ounces for bottles simular to one in universal ink refillers. I have never spilled any for it operates simular to your gas pump, only you crank the handle for the fluid to flow; you don't pour any amount bigger than 2 ounces. Of course accidents happen to people that are natural spillers, you one? LOL
Old 09-30-03, 09:48 PM

Lets just say "PETS" that decide to jump onto the work table which caused a "Domino" effect of items hitting each other and before you know it your ready to call the "EPA" due to the massive spill.. ..I did not spill the ink.. ..it was spilled for me!
Old 10-01-03, 12:19 AM
Rest in Peace

Lets say I live alone now for 18+ years and have 'no' pets or children which I and Mae never had. Mae passed on in 1979 and in 1997 I got online, and immediately got a printer with my WebTV. I have a number of printers over the years, now me and my computer have control over what I print. You said you print 300 pages a month, what if I were to tell you I print on the average 24 sheets a day times 30 days equals 720 or 31 days and it's 744 sheets. Since I have no weekends, holidays, or vactions in my life since 1985, I have this problem of only sleeping 7 hours a day and being awake for 17 hours a day; 7 days a week and so on. You were typing this out at 10:48 and I was watching my back up dvd of Eddie and the Cruisers 2: Eddie Lives 1989. It's now 12:57 and I got online at 12:42. When your retired you find you have a lot more time on your hands, and printing out folders for my churchs travel group is my specialty. I used up quite a few gallons since 1997 and now I am learning to print cover art and inside inserts for back ups of my Vhs to DVD, beside all the discs I ran over with my wheelchair, I am terrible at backing up in my small disabled apartment. You probably print paper for your job, where I print up a batch of 72 'each' for a trip that the group is taking on each of the hotels, motels, places like Winterthur or cruises they go on.

72 pages for up to 7 places including the church they will be visiting or if it is a whole week 72 pages time how many places they will see and eat and, and , and for that whole week. You starting to figure out how many seets would have to be printed up for 1 week trip. A cruise only pictures of the ships itinerary or ports of call and the type of shops they would be visiting. Duty free places they could go would only have to be printed along with the church they would go to, then you have the return trip and all of the places they would see on a bus from FL to PA.

72 is the amount of people that my mother who actually takes charge of, years ago when my father was still alive he would go along to. I have been doing this since 1965, 38 years of printing our brochures to the Travel group of our church. This trip printing makes a shamble of your 300 sheets a month, since mom takes people all over the world including Russia. She is retiring this year so next year, unless they have some one willing to do this Gallons of ink will be used in a few months! Does this clarify my buying gallons of each color used to include 4 x $65= $260, plus shipping but not charged taxes as the church has .org?

P.S. What a bargain over the 4 ounce size for $18.95!
Old 10-01-03, 01:08 PM
Rest in Peace

bump
Old 10-01-03, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by danol
bump
Yea and that is what would happen if I purchased a gallon of ink...

Since you are sure that you will use up the ink before you burn out the print head on your cartridges.. which from what I have read are only good for about 1000 sheets.

While the follow group is an international group you can learn alot from them:
Inkjet Refilling Talk

--David
Old 10-01-03, 10:35 PM
Rest in Peace

Dec29

I have not used this printer for any church grouptrips I had a high grade hewlett-packerd printer at the time. I just bought this scanner Printer a few weeks ago but I still have ink from prior purchases. I don't have a counter on printer how will I know how many pages I have printed to satisfy your curiosity?