Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

1957 "World Without End" in Cinemasope any DVD news?

1957 "World Without End" in Cinemasope any DVD news?

 
Old 09-29-03, 05:03 PM
  #1  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1957 "World Without End" in Cinemasope any DVD news?

I was going thru my remaining Vhs pre-records when I spied the word Cinemascope, type of widescreen used first in 1953 "The Robe" called "World Without End'. I am also wondering why a movie starring Richard Burton with Lee Remick is 'not' on disc which is called "The Medusa Touch" made in 1978. Lee Remick starred as Gregory Pecks wife in "The Omen" another story in horror, while Richard Burton starred in recent release "Where Eagles Dare" a fictionalized World War 2 movie. Lee Remick also starred in a thiller called "Telephon" with Charles Bronson. "Brass target' would be great as it had so many of the big stars of the era in it. All of the above I would like to see on DVD, I will buy if made preferably 'anamorphic' and Dolby Surround.



Any news on any of the above to DVD land? ?

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 08:07 PM.
danol is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 05:48 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,668
Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I think Good Burger already came out.




lol
Deadman31 is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 06:36 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Exit 10, NJ
Posts: 2,751
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel like that AFLAC duck listening to Yogi Berra.

If the disc wasn't called the Medusa Touch what was it titled?
garolo is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 07:16 PM
  #4  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GAROLO

Originally posted by garolo
I feel like that AFLAC duck listening to Yogi Berra.

If the disc wasn't called the Medusa Touch what was it titled?


WHEN IS THIS CRAPPING ON MY THREADS GOING TO STOP, I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A 'LOL' (Laughing Out Loud)! I don't crap on your posts so if you don't like mine 'killfile' me and leave me be!

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 07:18 PM.
danol is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 07:34 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Exit 10, NJ
Posts: 2,751
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danol, I'm sorry if I have offended you. But I truly did not understand what you were asking. And I most wholeheartedly enjoy your posts. I would never dream of putting you in my ignore list.

Please clarify your question.

Danol wrote:
I am also wondering why a movie starring Richard Burton with Lee Remick was not on disc called "The Medusa Touch" 1978....
Did you get a disc that you thought was Medusa Touch but wasn't but still starred Burton/Remick?

Last edited by garolo; 09-29-03 at 07:38 PM.
garolo is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 08:23 PM
  #6  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garafolo

I legally bought this title and the others I mentioned above in Vhs, I was hoping for some news about when these titles; if they were going to be available on DVD discs not the Vhs which I already own. I hope you get used to my typing style because it will never get any better. While being a Tractor Trailer driver we read newspapers, but we did not proof read them for correct punctuation. 38 years out of high school and just being a professional driver was my duty, 'not' correcting the newspapers punctuation which was 'already' proofread. I am a widower my Mae read my mail until she passed away in 1979, the only people IMHO looking for perfection; are here in these forums. I got on to talk about DVDs, 'not' be critisized for every lousy error I made. I even changed my 'sig' to show how I feel about education, and 'those' who crap on my threads!

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 08:30 PM.
danol is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 08:31 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,668
Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: GAROLO

Originally posted by danol
WHEN IS THIS CRAPPING ON MY THREADS GOING TO STOP, I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A 'LOL' (Laughing Out Loud)! I don't crap on your posts so if you don't like mine 'killfile' me and leave me be!


but your threads are fascinating to say the least.
Deadman31 is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 08:59 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Exit 10, NJ
Posts: 2,751
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Garafolo

Originally posted by danol
I legally bought this title and the others I mentioned above in Vhs, I was hoping for some news about when these titles; if they were going to be available on DVD discs not the Vhs which I already own. I hope you get used to my typing style because it will never get any better. While being a Tractor Trailer driver we read newspapers, but we did not proof read them for correct punctuation. 38 years out of high school and just being a professional driver was my duty, 'not' correcting the newspapers punctuation which was 'already' proofread. I am a widower my Mae read my mail until she passed away in 1979, the only people IMHO looking for perfection; are here in these forums. I got on to talk about DVDs, 'not' be critisized for every lousy error I made. I even changed my 'sig' to show how I feel about education, and 'those' who crap on my threads!
Whoa there, chief. I was not criticizing you. Criticize: to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly. I only made a statement of incomprehension.

Your stream of consciousness style is quite entertaining. Your non-sequitur, malapropistic way evokes memories of Norm Crosby, Casey Stengel and NJ's adopted son Yogi Berra.
garolo is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 09:05 PM
  #9  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeadSo add some admiration not man

Deadman if you think some of my threads or post other threads are fascinating, I wouldn't come 'down', I would express my admiration.



Educate me and I will remember, punish me by thread crapping my posts and I will not forget it or the 'member' that did it. My own feelings of how I act toward good posting and people that put me or my grammar down, for I will not forget it when I see them make a mistake. I think that sums it up, now how about we go back on with the original subject.
danol is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 10:14 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MA
Posts: 7,668
Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: DeadSo add some admiration not man

Originally posted by danol
Deadman if you think some of my threads or post other threads are fascinating, I wouldn't come 'down', I would express my admiration.



Educate me and I will remember, punish me by thread crapping my posts and I will not forget it or the 'member' that did it. My own feelings of how I act toward good posting and people that put me or my grammar down, for I will not forget it when I see them make a mistake. I think that sums it up, now how about we go back on with the original subject.

Danol, point taken. I apologize.
Deadman31 is offline  
Old 09-29-03, 11:08 PM
  #11  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deadman

Accepted
danol is offline  
Old 09-30-03, 12:06 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 40,051
Received 1,272 Likes on 927 Posts
I'd love to get World Without End on DVD. It's been years since I've seen it. I love those old sci/fi flicks. Hugh Marlowe, Rod Taylor and chicks in space skirts
TomOpus is offline  
Old 09-30-03, 11:03 AM
  #13  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom Opus

That's the one I have it on near mint Vhs with full cover art, it says on the box it was originally made in Cinemascope and it's in color. Tom I view mine on my line doubled HDTV at 240 x 2=480i and it's beautiful. I would like to see it in OAR and that would have to be done by DVD makers. I watch it at least 2 or more times a year, if it was OAR a lot more.



P.S. Hugh Marlowe played the jealous boyfriend in The Day The Earth Stood Still in 1951, Rod Taylor leading man in "The Time Machine" 1960
The fellow that played Morries in WWE was a reporter outside a building with lots of antenna's installed, he had a bit part in THEM in 1954. All 3 actors moved up from earlier films, from bit parts to leading men.
danol is offline  
Old 09-30-03, 11:22 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: City of Chicago
Posts: 1,583
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tom Opus

Originally posted by danol
That's the one I have it on near mint Vhs with full cover art, it says on the box it was originally made in Cinemascope
You should have noticed that the opening titles are indeed presented in widescreen at about 2.35:1 (see http://www.shillpages.com/movies/ww.htm ).
shill66 is offline  
Old 09-30-03, 02:48 PM
  #15  
Rest in Peace
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: PA/NJ Border
Posts: 1,392
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shill66

Originally posted by shill66
You should have noticed that the opening titles are indeed presented in widescreen at about 2.35:1 (see http://www.shillpages.com/movies/ww.htm ).

I may not have good grammar but I can read words of a Vhs cover art box.
danol is offline  
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.