Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

1957 "World Without End" in Cinemasope any DVD news?

Old 09-29-03, 05:03 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going thru my remaining Vhs pre-records when I spied the word Cinemascope, type of widescreen used first in 1953 "The Robe" called "World Without End'. I am also wondering why a movie starring Richard Burton with Lee Remick is 'not' on disc which is called "The Medusa Touch" made in 1978. Lee Remick starred as Gregory Pecks wife in "The Omen" another story in horror, while Richard Burton starred in recent release "Where Eagles Dare" a fictionalized World War 2 movie. Lee Remick also starred in a thiller called "Telephon" with Charles Bronson. "Brass target' would be great as it had so many of the big stars of the era in it. All of the above I would like to see on DVD, I will buy if made preferably 'anamorphic' and Dolby Surround.

Any news on any of the above to DVD land? ?

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I think Good Burger already came out.

lol
Old 09-29-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I feel like that AFLAC duck listening to Yogi Berra.

If the disc wasn't called the Medusa Touch what was it titled?
Old 09-29-03, 07:16 PM
Rest in Peace

GAROLO

Originally posted by garolo
I feel like that AFLAC duck listening to Yogi Berra.

If the disc wasn't called the Medusa Touch what was it titled?

WHEN IS THIS CRAPPING ON MY THREADS GOING TO STOP, I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A 'LOL' (Laughing Out Loud)! I don't crap on your posts so if you don't like mine 'killfile' me and leave me be!

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Danol, I'm sorry if I have offended you. But I truly did not understand what you were asking. And I most wholeheartedly enjoy your posts. I would never dream of putting you in my ignore list.

Please clarify your question.

Danol wrote:
I am also wondering why a movie starring Richard Burton with Lee Remick was not on disc called "The Medusa Touch" 1978....
Did you get a disc that you thought was Medusa Touch but wasn't but still starred Burton/Remick?

Last edited by garolo; 09-29-03 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 08:23 PM
Rest in Peace

Garafolo

I legally bought this title and the others I mentioned above in Vhs, I was hoping for some news about when these titles; if they were going to be available on DVD discs not the Vhs which I already own. I hope you get used to my typing style because it will never get any better. While being a Tractor Trailer driver we read newspapers, but we did not proof read them for correct punctuation. 38 years out of high school and just being a professional driver was my duty, 'not' correcting the newspapers punctuation which was 'already' proofread. I am a widower my Mae read my mail until she passed away in 1979, the only people IMHO looking for perfection; are here in these forums. I got on to talk about DVDs, 'not' be critisized for every lousy error I made. I even changed my 'sig' to show how I feel about education, and 'those' who crap on my threads!

Last edited by danol; 09-29-03 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-29-03, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: GAROLO

Originally posted by danol
WHEN IS THIS CRAPPING ON MY THREADS GOING TO STOP, I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A 'LOL' (Laughing Out Loud)! I don't crap on your posts so if you don't like mine 'killfile' me and leave me be!

but your threads are fascinating to say the least.
Old 09-29-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Garafolo

I legally bought this title and the others I mentioned above in Vhs, I was hoping for some news about when these titles; if they were going to be available on DVD discs not the Vhs which I already own. I hope you get used to my typing style because it will never get any better. While being a Tractor Trailer driver we read newspapers, but we did not proof read them for correct punctuation. 38 years out of high school and just being a professional driver was my duty, 'not' correcting the newspapers punctuation which was 'already' proofread. I am a widower my Mae read my mail until she passed away in 1979, the only people IMHO looking for perfection; are here in these forums. I got on to talk about DVDs, 'not' be critisized for every lousy error I made. I even changed my 'sig' to show how I feel about education, and 'those' who crap on my threads!
Whoa there, chief. I was not criticizing you. Criticize: to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly. I only made a statement of incomprehension.

Your stream of consciousness style is quite entertaining. Your non-sequitur, malapropistic way evokes memories of Norm Crosby, Casey Stengel and NJ's adopted son Yogi Berra.
Old 09-29-03, 09:05 PM
Rest in Peace

DeadSo add some admiration not man

Deadman if you think some of my threads or post other threads are fascinating, I wouldn't come 'down', I would express my admiration.

Educate me and I will remember, punish me by thread crapping my posts and I will not forget it or the 'member' that did it. My own feelings of how I act toward good posting and people that put me or my grammar down, for I will not forget it when I see them make a mistake. I think that sums it up, now how about we go back on with the original subject.
Old 09-29-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: DeadSo add some admiration not man

Deadman if you think some of my threads or post other threads are fascinating, I wouldn't come 'down', I would express my admiration.

Educate me and I will remember, punish me by thread crapping my posts and I will not forget it or the 'member' that did it. My own feelings of how I act toward good posting and people that put me or my grammar down, for I will not forget it when I see them make a mistake. I think that sums it up, now how about we go back on with the original subject.

Danol, point taken. I apologize.
Old 09-29-03, 11:08 PM
Rest in Peace

Deadman

Accepted
Old 09-30-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,272 Likes on 927 Posts
I'd love to get World Without End on DVD. It's been years since I've seen it. I love those old sci/fi flicks. Hugh Marlowe, Rod Taylor and chicks in space skirts
Old 09-30-03, 11:03 AM
Rest in Peace

Tom Opus

That's the one I have it on near mint Vhs with full cover art, it says on the box it was originally made in Cinemascope and it's in color. Tom I view mine on my line doubled HDTV at 240 x 2=480i and it's beautiful. I would like to see it in OAR and that would have to be done by DVD makers. I watch it at least 2 or more times a year, if it was OAR a lot more.

P.S. Hugh Marlowe played the jealous boyfriend in The Day The Earth Stood Still in 1951, Rod Taylor leading man in "The Time Machine" 1960
The fellow that played Morries in WWE was a reporter outside a building with lots of antenna's installed, he had a bit part in THEM in 1954. All 3 actors moved up from earlier films, from bit parts to leading men.
Old 09-30-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Tom Opus

That's the one I have it on near mint Vhs with full cover art, it says on the box it was originally made in Cinemascope
You should have noticed that the opening titles are indeed presented in widescreen at about 2.35:1 (see http://www.shillpages.com/movies/ww.htm ).
Old 09-30-03, 02:48 PM
Rest in Peace

shill66

Originally posted by shill66
You should have noticed that the opening titles are indeed presented in widescreen at about 2.35:1 (see http://www.shillpages.com/movies/ww.htm ).

I may not have good grammar but I can read words of a Vhs cover art box.