Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

First semi-official announcement of Friday the 13th box set from Paramount!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-03, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From dvdfile.com:

Rounding out today's news is the latest news from Camp Blood, er, the happy home of Jason Voorhees. At a special screening of the original Friday the 13th at Maniafest this past Friday, Paramount Home Entertainment representatives were on hand to officially announce an upcoming box set of the first eight Friday flicks. Details remain sketchy, but fans asking for uncut versions of the flicks may be in luck - Paramount is hard at work trying to locate the missing footage needed to reconstitute new cuts of the films. The set is currently due for release in the fourth quarter of next year, and Paramount is also considering releasing on DVD the Jason-less but fairly popular Friday the 13th television series that ran for three seasons in syndication in the late 80's. Watch this space for further updates.

And if your bloodlust still isn't satiated, also revealed by series creator Sean Cunningham at the screening is that Jason may now really find his way into your living room - hot on the heels of the success of Freddy Vs. Jason, a new television series based on the serial killer's myth and lore, The Crystal Lake Chronicles, is currently in development. Guess this guy just won't ever die? Stay tuned, counselors.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/09_21.html
Old 09-21-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't wait that long! wonder if the stabbed in the crotch thing from part 5 was shot? (I know there are pics on line, but not sure if it was shot)
Old 09-21-03, 11:35 PM

Great news for Friday the 13 Fans. I liked the show it was interesting it used to be on Showcase every day with Forever Knight . It had some creep episodes like this evil guy who came back on Halloween, this dollhouse that was bigger then it appeared & one where they were in a morgue and this creept liitle girl was chasing them. Its about time shows like this get released.

What this have to do with the movies though?

Last edited by Which Button?; 09-21-03 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-22-03, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The TV series was suppose to be a spin-off of the Movies, I believe one of the early episodes was going to be about Jason's Mask & he was suppose to appear, but it was never filmed & the series just veered off on it's own
Old 09-22-03, 01:16 AM
Banned

That is great news about the series. It was a well done show which I enjoyed greatly. I will buy it as well as the boxed set of Friday movies.
Old 09-22-03, 08:55 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Wonderful news!!!
Old 09-22-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never knew there was a show, but glad to see the movies are finally coming out and hopefully uncut as well, I will probably buy that set
Old 09-22-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if the footage can't be found (I know the footage for 7 exists in the directors vault, and 1 is availible in region 3.) they should give us a commentary to say what was cut. (or if 7 is in piss poor shape, should they just leave the good stuff as deleted scenes or put them in the movie anyway)