Search

Three's Company: Season 1 - 11/11/03

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three's Company: Season 1 - 11/11/03

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
Following John Ritter's tragic death last week, Anchor Bay has changed their plans for the Three's Company - Season 1 DVD release. Originally, the schedule was to be working with him right now on supplements for Season 1.

With consumer interest high for this release from fans who want to celebrate Ritter's great talent, Anchor Bay has decided to release Three's Company - Season 1 on Tuesday, November 11, 2003. It will be a 1-disc release with an SRP of $19.98, featuring the 6 episodes from the very short rookie year (note that the show was launched as a spring replacement):

• A Man About The House
• ...And Mother Makes Four
• Roper's Niece
• No Children, No Pets
• Jack the Giant Killer
• It's Only Money

Presented in its original full-frame video and English Mono audio, it won't have any of the supplements that had been originally planned. Instead, these will be saved for a Season 2 multi-disc Special Edition DVD release that is tentatively planned for the first quarter of 2004.

Finally, for those of you asking about the unaired pilots for the show, each of which featured alternate actresses for the female leads: Anchor Bay regets that they do not currently have these pilots available to them for inclusion. Therefore these will not be on the upcoming DVD.
Old 09-19-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good News (Quick Release)
Bad News (No John Ritter )
Old 09-19-03, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Well, I'm glad they're doing it this way instead of releasing two different sets of season one like they had originally planned (one bare-bones, one commemortive).

This way we can get all the episodes through season two by the next Spring, unless I'm misunderstanding (no pun intended )
Old 09-19-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by JuryDuty
Well, I'm glad they're doing it this way instead of releasing two different sets of season one like they had originally planned (one bare-bones, one commemortive).
Me too! I like this much better. Maybe they had planned to do it that way all along, but someone overheard them talking about it, and misunderstood.

Rob
Old 09-19-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds good to me -
Old 09-19-03, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Let's hope Joyce Dewitt and Suzanne Sommers end their ongoing feud and get together for some commentaries for season 2 and beyond.

Do it in memory of John ladies

Last edited by shanester; 09-19-03 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-21-03, 02:55 PM
SeeNo Member

Cool, can't wait.
Old 09-21-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

can't wait to have this entire series on DVD
Old 09-23-03, 02:47 PM

cant wait for this dvd. i have always like pricilla barnes character, terri, rathen then suzanne sommer role as chrissy(christmas) snow during the first few seasons. they should have released the first season during the introduction to dvd in 1997,but atlas, Im glad they are finally releasing the first season. it it too bad, that john ritter could not have finshed up the work that was orginally planned for the release. it will be interesting to see what they will do, with the included extras when season 2 arrives next year!!!!
Old 09-23-03, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am so buying this!
Old 09-23-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by the narrator
can't wait to have this entire series on DVD

I actually videotaped every episode... of course the quality is crap, and there is commercials... I am looking forward to having these on dvd as well ALL OF THEM!
Old 09-23-03, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by shanester
Let's hope Joyce Dewitt and Suzanne Sommers end their ongoing feud and get together for some commentaries for season 2 and beyond.
No, let's hope they continue to feud and still do the commentaries. I can't think of a more interesting and "must-see" commentary.

Joyce: "Look Suzanne, this is right after you threatened to walk out during contract negotiations. What's the matter, you needed more cocaine money?"

Suzanne: "That's funny, Joyce. You aren't STILL upset that every guy on set was drooling over me, while you couldn't even get Norman Fell to go out for drinks with you?"
Old 09-24-03, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally posted by Numanoid
No, let's hope they continue to feud and still do the commentaries. I can't think of a more interesting and "must-see" commentary.

Joyce: "Look Suzanne, this is right after you threatened to walk out during contract negotiations. What's the matter, you needed more cocaine money?"

Suzanne: "That's funny, Joyce. You aren't STILL upset that every guy on set was drooling over me, while you couldn't even get Norman Fell to go out for drinks with you?"
Old 09-26-03, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

TVShowsOnDVD.com has the cover art up:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=696

Rob
Old 09-27-03, 03:57 AM

God bless Anchor Bay, again they prove they are the best DVD label out there, with their kick ass releases and transfers!
Old 09-27-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The DVD cover is terrible! They didn't even look like that during the first season - that picture is more representative of how they appeared during the last season of Suzanne Somer's reign (3rd season, I believe).

In the 1st season, Janet (Joyce DeWitt) had curly hair, Crissy (Suzanne Somers) had long, straight hair, and Jack (John Ritter) had his part not quite perfectly parted in the middle.

C'mon! I'm insulted!!
Old 09-29-03, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I normally on something like this would say 'thumbs down, as the company is clearly doing this to get money out of this' but Anchor Bay has always been pretty cool, and it's understandable that now that John Ritter is not here with us today (makes me sad), that they're just going to go ahead and release it. It's good news that we get this set earlier. Although it's a tragedy why we get it early. I hope John Ritter rests peacefully, I've always loved that actor. Thumbs up to Anchor Bay for following through on this for the Ritter fans.
Old 10-22-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Thought this was interesting--part of the profits of this release will go to United Cerebral Palsy:

Fans of John Ritter's classic pratfalls and comical misunderstandings can look forward to next month's DVD release of "Three's Company," Variety reports.

The first season of the 1970s sitcom will be released Nov. 11. Rights holder DLT Entertainment plans to donate part of the proceeds to United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) in Ritter's memory.

"We thought it appropriate to do this [give the donation], since John was so closely involved with UCP for many years," DLT Entertainment vice president Don Taffner Jr. said Tuesday.

Ritter's recent death sped up DLT's release plans, leaving little time to include many bonus features on the first-season DVD. These features may be included with the release of subsequent seasons