DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Free CBS promo DVD in Entertainment Weekly (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/317400-free-cbs-promo-dvd-entertainment-weekly.html)

BSTNFAN 09-12-03 01:50 PM

Free CBS promo DVD in Entertainment Weekly

In my Entertainment Weekly that arrived today (9/19, Johnny Depp cover), there is a CBS promo DVD inserted. I have not had time to view it yet, but it's labeled "CBS Sneak Peak". See what's new this fall on CBS. Plus: Everything you want to know about CSI and CSI: Miami and more...When I get a chance to look at it, I'll give a quick content synopsis.

PalmerJoss 09-12-03 02:15 PM

I got a similar disc a couple weeks back from HBO in my Entertainment Weekly. It was a preview of the show Carnivale, but I still haven't gotten around to popping it in my computer to find out what it's about. Maybe this is a new practice for the studios to promote their shows.

MrE 09-12-03 02:43 PM

One of the threads said that Blockbuster will also have the free CBS preview.

JuryDuty 09-12-03 02:45 PM

Yep, I just got mine---pretty cool!

Rypro 525 09-12-03 02:46 PM

didn't get mine in my issue.

Quatermass 09-12-03 03:31 PM

Originally posted by MrE
One of the threads said that Blockbuster will also have the free CBS preview.
Blockbuster was giving them away last year, too.

Spooky 09-12-03 03:33 PM

Great...my mailman always manages to fold my Entertaiment weekly in half (when he's not just ripping it to shreds)...I'll be dollars to donuts he breaks the thing! I had to quit Netflix because my mailman kept snapping DVDs in half!

Geofferson 09-12-03 04:11 PM

I got one as well. :up:

C Roberts 09-12-03 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Spooky
Great...my mailman always manages to fold my Entertaiment weekly in half (when he's not just ripping it to shreds)...I'll be dollars to donuts he breaks the thing! I had to quit Netflix because my mailman kept snapping DVDs in half!

That reminds me of when I used to sneak over to my neighbors mailbox and snap the DVD's he got from Netflix in half.

AdamComic2 09-12-03 04:26 PM

None in mine.

ftsoh 09-12-03 04:37 PM

I didn't get it either.

Chad 09-12-03 05:56 PM

Nothing here either. :mad:

Spooky 09-12-03 06:04 PM

Well, I didn't get anything...but the issue did arrive in one piece!

Although looking at Johnny Depp on the cover is making me a bit ill...do women find him sexy? He looks like most video store clerks I know...maybe women like those types!

RobCA 09-12-03 06:08 PM

I didn't get my EW today; my mailman must not be done watching my DVD yet. ;)

Rob

Quatermass 09-14-03 02:28 PM

I got one free with a DVD rental at Blockbuster last night. They are not out on the counter like last year. I guess they only want to give them to people with DVD players.

TomOpus 09-14-03 03:12 PM

I didn't get one. No wonder Depp is taunting me with that smirk.

accessories4sale 09-14-03 09:18 PM

Originally posted by C Roberts
That reminds me of when I used to sneak over to my neighbors mailbox and snap the DVD's he got from Netflix in half.
messing around with the mail.... u lucky.... I would say 3 to 5 in pound me in the ass penitenciary (if priors) If not, still a felony to mess with people's mail.

speedy1961 09-14-03 09:34 PM

I got one.

DVDude! 09-14-03 09:36 PM

I didn't get one in mine either. No great loss. Although I would've liked to have gotten the HBO DVD mentioned above.

Originally posted by Spooky
Although looking at Johnny Depp on the cover is making me a bit ill...do women find him sexy? He looks like most video store clerks I know...maybe women like those types!
First thing I said when my girlfriend came back upstairs showing me the cover? "Ick." She said, "Oh no, he looks sexy." I can't fathom it. I agree, Spooky, he looks like a slacker geek.

But, hey, my g/f can't see why I think trashy blondes like Pamela Anderson are hot as hell. :)

Samuel 09-14-03 09:48 PM

I have one if anyone wants it.

Jadzia 09-14-03 10:36 PM

I got one. Didn't get the earlier HBO one though. I wonder how they decide who gets these. I have been an EW subscriber since 1990, you would think I'd be on the list for all of these. I am such a pop culture geek. :)

Bronkster 09-15-03 12:09 AM

Does it have an insert??

:)

matome 09-15-03 07:52 AM

Got one in mine, but haven't checked it out yet.

BSTNFAN 09-16-03 02:24 PM

Finally checked it out:

CBS Fall Sneak Peek - 33:04
- Intro
- Cold Case
- Two and a Half Men
- GMC Commercial
- Joan of Arcadia
- The Handler
- Blockbuster Commercial
- Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire
- Navy NCIS
- Blockbuster Commercial
- GMC Commercial
- CSI: Season 2 DVD Set Commercial

Jerry Bruckheimer: The Man Behind the Mysteries - 3:41

CSI: Behind the Scenes - 3:47

CSI: Miami Music Video Featuring "The Who" - 1:44

GMC - The Proof Behind the Professional Grade - 28:30

CSI: PC Game Demo

Making of the CSI: PC Game - 8:31

marty888 09-16-03 02:30 PM

Stack of them on the checkout counter at my local Blockbuster - they weren't there last week.