They Live AKA John Carpenter's They Live (1988)

Old 09-11-03, 11:53 AM

They Live AKA John Carpenter's They Live (1988)

Just had a question about this movie..The region 1 DVD is a bare bones release..I usually go to this site: http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk
which tells you which the best verison of the DVD is..I always go for the one with the extras, better picture and anything else..Since I looked it up it states the French SE release is the best version because of all the extras..See link here: http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison...e.php?fid=2234
Just wanted to know as I have never purchased DVDS from France does the movie have French subtitles that cannot be removed..I would appreciate if anybody knows anything about this or if purchasing a DVD from a different country the subtitles are removable..
Old 09-11-03, 12:47 PM

First of all if your DVD is not Multi Region you won't be able to play the DVD. France Is Region 2 and here it's region 1.

If you do have a multi region DVD the there's no probleme normally it's got a french track and a english track so. But to be sure you can alway check the spec of the dvd.
Old 09-11-03, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the update and I do have a multi-region player..
Old 09-11-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If the French version has forced subs it would say so on that site.

By the way the non-R1 versions are slightly cropped. The R1 is barebones but OAR.