DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Is The Making of Scarface going to be on Re-Issue? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316873-making-scarface-going-re-issue.html)

Apocrypha 09-10-03 10:28 AM

Is The Making of Scarface going to be on Re-Issue?

Can anyone tell me if they are planning on including the making of featurette from the first Scarface release on the new set?
Thanks I searched and couldn't find an answer.

Giles 09-10-03 10:36 AM

Can't say I know the answer to your question, sorry, but here's a little news I read about this morning from an email I received.

Scarface is getting a theatrical rerelease for 'one week only' here in Washington DC at the Loew's Georgetown theatre starting Sept. 19th.

digitalfreaknyc 09-10-03 10:44 AM

No...it won't be :(

steebo777 09-10-03 11:06 AM

It's arriving here in Royal Oak Michigan in theater form September 17th. :drool:

NaturalMystic79 09-10-03 11:11 AM

Are you talking about the DVD or new theatrical version?

Giles 09-10-03 12:58 PM

Theatrical re-issue: Sept 17th/19th

DVD release: Sept. 30th

Kinyo 09-10-03 02:42 PM

Thats a bummer. I was thinking the making of might be on the new version but I guess not.

darkside 09-10-03 05:04 PM

Originally posted by StevenSpielberg
Thats a bummer. I was thinking the making of might be on the new version but I guess not.
They put on some stupid Def Jam crap instead. With the exception of the new transfer the Scarface release is extremely underwhelming. That was a great documentary.

MasterCXtreme 09-10-03 05:43 PM

Originally posted by steebo777
It's arriving here in Royal Oak Michigan in theater form September 17th. :drool:
Really? Which theater?

BlackBeauty92 09-10-03 05:59 PM

the real documentary VS Def Tone documentary....

darn so hard to decide

Apocrypha 09-13-03 02:19 PM

I guess since the re-release is going to coincide with the Anniversary they are trying to put some updated material on the set that reflects how the film has affected our culture. I can see the merit here. However to not include the original DOCUMENTARY which was a well made and insightful film is an atrocity. I wish I hadn't sold my copy of the first release now.
I am going to miss the part where they compared the edited for TV and film versions the most, and DePalma putting to rest the "original cut" rumours once and for all.

dmichels 09-13-03 02:43 PM

I believe that there is still going to be a section discussing the differences between the theatrical and tv edit on the new disc.

Kube 09-13-03 04:35 PM

I thought they were breaking up the doc into 3 parts or something.

Go to the official site....it states all the features clearly.

Sorry I don't have the web address.

I guess playboy was wrong when they said it had audio commentary.

Hasn't this been reviewed by some website somewhere?

danol 09-13-03 05:41 PM

Here is the real BUMMER

When it releases on September 30 it will be PAN AND SCAN 1.33:1.......ONLY!!!! Tony Montanna in a 2.35:1 Anamorphic is much better than Pan and Scam but I would want the 2 disc anniversary Edition.

Dan Average 09-13-03 05:49 PM

When it releases on September 30 it will be PAN AND SCAN 1.33:1.......ONLY!!!!
UM NO

Also there's no such thing as Region 9.

DavidH 09-13-03 05:59 PM

If Universal Studios wasn't such an incompetent prick studio, the new disc(s) likely would have been reviewed by now. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for someone to buy it off the street before it's reviewed since they no longer send screeners (from what I have been told).

DavidH 09-13-03 06:45 PM

danol,

Why would you need to e-mail him about it? Just post it here. Some people don't want to be bothered with e-mails. If Region 9 does exist, I don't see why you can't show proof for it.

chanster 09-13-03 07:08 PM

When it releases on September 30 it will be PAN AND SCAN 1.33:1.......ONLY!!!! I am glad I still have my 'remastered' anamorphic Wide Screen Amazon reseller bought Region 9 DVD. Tony Montanna in a 2.35:1 Anamorphic is much better than Pan and Scam. IMO!
What the heck?? Its going be in widescreen.

danol 09-13-03 07:36 PM

chanster

Originally posted by chanster
What the heck?? Its going be in widescreen.

Chanster go look it up on www.amazon.com I am talking about the 2 disc 'Anniversary' edition. There is one in widescreen but it will not contain the two discs, that most want when there is a 2 discs set available!

Dan Average 09-13-03 08:00 PM

Chanster go look it up on www.amazon.com I am talking about the 2 disc 'Anniversary' edition. There is one in widescreen but it will not contain the two discs, that most want when there is a 2 discs set available!
So you want this, then.

duz 09-13-03 11:51 PM

Just ignore Danol. He gets like this at times.
(fyi he's refering to the bootleg edition)

RyoHazuki 09-14-03 12:50 AM

I hear it has a bitchin dts track though.

Mountain Biker 09-14-03 05:45 PM

I was looking at the 2-Disc set today at work, and it will feature a DTS track, also.

Josh-da-man 09-14-03 06:24 PM

Originally posted by darkside
They put on some stupid Def Jam crap instead. With the exception of the new transfer the Scarface release is extremely underwhelming. That was a great documentary.
Universal walking around with its head up its ass?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Julie Walker 09-14-03 09:27 PM

I don't even understand half of what D is saying.

The movie does use the original soundtrack,not the crappy 'Def Jam' mix. Yet guess what I saw in the Best Buy add today?

A advertisement for "Def Jam Presents......Music for & Inspired By Scarface" on cd!

I about died laughing. I can bet the music is pure crap like all Jay Z's stuff & todays current mainstream hip hop in general. It's just terrible the state hip hop is in today. Whatever happened to when it was actually fun & involved people with talent? You know,the cool stuff like Run-DMC among others?

If you don't think i'm kidding about the 'soundtrack' being crap. Well most soundtracks with 'music for & inspired by....' suck royally. Just check out the recent Freddy Vs. Jason album. Terribly bad beyond belief wannabe 'metal'. So bad,it's hilarious,if it were'nt so ear bleedingly irritating. Next time you see the film itself. Please turn the volume off once the credits roll,or leave to save yourself from the pain of corporate manufactored 'music':)