DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Producers SE & It's a mad...mad world SE's going bye-bye. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316736-producers-se-its-mad-mad-world-ses-going-bye-bye.html)

Sunday Morning 09-09-03 05:31 PM

Producers SE & It's a mad...mad world SE's going bye-bye.

It looks like Mgm will be re-issuing the producers and it's a mad...mad world in october, but only as standard versions. They are dropping the special features and lowering the price to 14.95 SRP.

Crazy!

folgersnyourcup 09-09-03 05:51 PM

Perhaps they will fix the audio screwup on the Producers dvd?

The Bus 09-09-03 07:55 PM

Re: Producers SE & It's a mad...mad world SE's going bye-bye.

Originally posted by Sunday Morning
It looks like Mgm will be re-issuing the producers and it's a mad...mad world in october, but only as standard versions. They are dropping the special features and lowering the price to 14.95 SRP.

Crazy!

I got mine on sale new for like $10... How much lower does it need to go??

CrumpsBrother 09-09-03 08:43 PM

I can see IAMMMMW going OOP, as it's always possible there is a roadshow version in ther works (which would be even more Special an SE). But I find it hard to believe that MGM is going to put THE PRODUCERS out to pasture only to re-introduce it without extras. Name one other disk which MGM has done this with...

Can you post your source Sunday?

Sunday Morning 09-09-03 09:25 PM

Crumps--- Jerry told me!

OK, OK, mgm did. They sent me a notice with their december catalogue.
They also mention that die another day is being price reduced as well (but with features intact)

Mgm is also issuing a standard version of west side story with no features at all.

If anything changes or there is new word on this matter, I will let yas know.

danganet 09-09-03 09:32 PM

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
Perhaps they will fix the audio screwup on the Producers dvd?
Where is the audio screwup? I just watched it over the holiday and didn't notice anythin amiss.

The Fred Meyer I went to had like 20 copies of The Producers: SE for $9.99, new low price, when I got my copy on the 26th.

CrumpsBrother 09-10-03 01:09 PM

Mgm is also issuing a standard version of west side story with no features at all.
Thanks for not taking my doubt as a slap in the face.

I forgot all about the announced 1-disk WSS. Right you are then, sir.

This a sad development indeed if MGM keeps down this road...

folgersnyourcup 09-10-03 01:19 PM

Originally posted by danganet
Where is the audio screwup? I just watched it over the holiday and didn't notice anythin amiss.

The Fred Meyer I went to had like 20 copies of The Producers: SE for $9.99, new low price, when I got my copy on the 26th.

I can't even remember exactly where it was but I remember it because I was waiting to pick up the disc until after it was fixed but I never did because it was never fixed. I believe it is only on the 5.1 track and it has something do with tapping. I think the taps were completely left out in a whole scene. I do not know which one it was but apparently it was very noticeable.

Also, In the current West Side Story dvd, the lip synching is ATROCIOUS during the song "Tonight". There was a discussion about this when it was released and I bought it anyway but the scene in question definitely bothered me. I don't believe the problem was ever resolved.

Rypro 525 09-10-03 01:22 PM

one thing, the new west side story will be PAN AND SCAN ONLY!!!!! according to dvdfile.

darkside 09-10-03 05:10 PM

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup
I can't even remember exactly where it was but I remember it because I was waiting to pick up the disc until after it was fixed but I never did because it was never fixed. I believe it is only on the 5.1 track and it has something do with tapping. I think the taps were completely left out in a whole scene. I do not know which one it was but apparently it was very noticeable.

One of the many reasons I hate these fake DD 5.1 remixes of mono soundtracks. They have to redo all the sound effects and many times they screw them up.

The DVD has the original mono track on there so there is no reason to pass it up. Just don't listen to the screwed up DD 5.1.