DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Will Universal ever re-release 1941? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316512-will-universal-ever-re-release-1941-a.html)

JoeyOhhhh 09-08-03 06:38 PM

Will Universal ever re-release 1941?

I know quite a few people on this board who like this movie, but the current DVD is crap A/V wise.

I mean, its crammed just like Scarface was. Think Universal will ever re-release this?

Ginwen 09-08-03 07:53 PM

I doubt it. It's just not that popular (unlike Scarface, which is a cult favorite).

SMART-ASS 09-08-03 08:02 PM

Yes, I believe they are going to re-release this one. The current version is oop, but as mentioned above, the following of this movie is not "grand", so current stock has still not dried up yet. Of course since the studios are never forthcoming, or care to cater to the specific needs of their consumers... who knows WHEN it will be re-released.

gutwrencher 09-08-03 08:25 PM

you can find this everywhere you look, just about. was it not re-released with another cover? thats the one I dont see. anyway...I have had the collectors edition for a few years. until something else comes along...if ever...this one is just fine. I grew up with this film and still adore it. could watch it anytime. thanks...I'll add it to this weeks viddy list.:D

ctyankee 09-08-03 08:36 PM

Love that film!

I would love to see an SE. Of course the current one does have the isolated score which ain't bad ...

Until recently the price was always high on this DVD - so I'm not surprised there are still a bunch in the pipeline. With comedies, I think they would have been wise to drop the price earlier and I think they would have gotten a bunch more sales.

ZackR 09-08-03 10:39 PM

This is not rare at all. There are a million of them at both of our Super Wal-Marts's for $9.99. I mean it. They must each have 50 copies of it.

Anyways, it is a nice DVD. I rented it. In fact, I think I will pick it up tomorrow. :)

Zack

Julie Walker 09-08-03 10:48 PM

Great movie..& with the current price drop(despite the crappy 'heads' cover). I will pick this up sometime.

I rented it last year. Thought it looked & sounded great. Maybe the transfer could be improved by giving it more room to breath? Yet otherwise,it looks fine..& was meant to look somewhat soft,as thats how it was filmed.

bboisvert 09-09-03 09:59 AM

Originally posted by SMART-ASS
The current version is oop, but as mentioned above, the following of this movie is not "grand", so current stock has still not dried up yet.
Do you have a source for this information? My understanding is that this title is still in-print... in fact, it just recently got a new cover and a lower price point.

mikewendt 09-09-03 11:12 AM

They released a CE earlier in the year and it's at BB for 9.99... I doubt Universal will revisit it. It's as popular as some of their other catalog titles.