DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Has Titanic Special Edition been announced? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316162-has-titanic-special-edition-been-announced.html)

Dalvin 09-07-03 12:25 AM

Has Titanic Special Edition been announced?

Just wondering. I actually really liked this movie, but have been holding off for the eventual special treatment of this one. Will it be a four disc set? Any additional footage? It better have a James Cameron Commentary track on there, or I'll be mad

the narrator 09-07-03 12:35 AM

no it has not been officially announced yet

DonnachaOne 09-07-03 12:44 AM

Yes. Nothing new except for a Cameron commentary, and a boat-shaped metal case that rips the plastic cover when you try to remove it.

Jackskeleton 09-07-03 01:02 AM

Has the wife bugged you about it again?

Quinty 09-07-03 03:01 AM

The only thing known about a special edition of Titanic is what James Cameron said in an interview some time ago.
He stated in that interview that a new dvd of Titanic should be available within the next 12 to 18 months so I think you can expect it around christmas 2004.

DVD Polizei 09-07-03 07:36 AM

And just like the Titanic, this version will stink. I mean sink.

evenswr 09-07-03 07:48 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
:lol:

JimRochester 09-07-03 09:31 AM

Nothing since June http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=Titanic

Just Lurking 09-07-03 10:58 PM

Maybe he moved on from Jennifer Love Hewitt to Kate Winslet. We do get see her naked.

Hokeyboy 09-07-03 11:04 PM

monster box

mike45 09-08-03 12:16 AM

Though, I think Titanic is a mediocre film. I would like to see an SE extended version of it. Has anyone noticed JC hasn't directed a major motion picture since Titanic? It seems like he got freaked out over the filming of Titanic or was so embarrased it won best picture, that he hasn't directed a film since.

eau 09-08-03 12:44 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
:lol: you cracked me up

Kal-El 09-08-03 12:52 AM

Originally posted by mike45
Has anyone noticed JC hasn't directed a major motion picture since Titanic? It seems like he got freaked out over the filming of Titanic or was so embarrased it won best picture, that he hasn't directed a film since.
Um, I think it has more to do with how much bank Titanic made than what you're saying.

scroll2b 09-08-03 01:12 AM

Titanic is an amazing film. Just saw it again yesterday after maybe two years. Great, great film. As for the dialogue being a little hoakey? Nah, maybe a few words, but that's it. It's a splendid masterpiece.

ChrisHicks 09-08-03 07:41 AM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Um, I think it has more to do with how much bank Titanic made than what you're saying.
I think it has more to do with the fear of people comparing whatever he does next not coming anywhere close to the success of Titanic.

J-Dubya 09-08-03 01:08 PM

google is your friend

from amazingcameron.com

03/23/03

All right you fellow JC fans outthere.... Finally a piece of news worth posting on the site. Of course everyone knows that Cameron's new Imax film Ghost of the Abyss opens on April 11th nationwide in selected theatres, but I just received this official letter about the upcoming movie a few days ago, take a look,

Attention James Cameron fans: the wait for the next film from the Academy Award winning director is over! Walt Disney Pictures presents a James Cameron Film "Ghosts of the Abyss," an unscripted adventure taking viewers back to the legendary wreck of the Titanic, will be released on April 11th in IMAX theatres and selected traditional theaters nationwide.

Director James Cameron embarked on a voyage 2 1/2 miles below the ocean surface, and what he filmed will change the way we see movies forever! Cameron and his brother Mike Cameron, along with Vince Pace, Director of Photography on the film, developed groundbreaking camera technology expressly for this film which allowed them to capture stunning images of the Titanic wreckage never seen before. Joining a team of the world's foremost historic and marine experts on the expedition is actor Bill Paxton who provides narration for the film.

No doubt, this will be great, you might want to consider checking out the official site, Ghosts of the Abyss

07/25/03

Emmy nominees have been announced and of course Cameron's work once again is among the nominees, here goes for Expedition Bismarck,

Cinematography for Nonfiction Programming
Directing for Nonfiction Programming
Picture Editing for Nonfiction Programming
Sound Editing for Nonfiction Programming
Sound Mixing for Nonfiction Programming

The Emmy Awards will take place on September 21.

08/13/03

Finally news have arrived on Cameron's next feature. Many of you had probably hoped that this would mean Cameron returning to his sci-fi genre but I guess I have to disappoint you.

According to Fox News Cameron has signed on the direct a movie based upon the experiences of the freedivers Francisco Ferreras and Audrey Mestre. The movie will be part love story, part the story of how they attempt the break the world record for freediving. (free diving is how deep you can submerge on a single breath of air)

No word out yet on actors, possible title or expected release dates.

mike45 09-08-03 04:01 PM

Let's not forget Dr. Robert D. Ballard found the Titanic and the Bismarck, not James Cameron. It took time, effort and alot of research to find these ships which Dr. Ballard and his team did, not James Cameron. How many more programs do we need of more footage of these shipwrecks, even if they are beautifully photographed.

I am glad James Cameron is finally getting back to directing films. JC does seem to have a water fetish now.

woolvr 09-08-03 08:10 PM

JC will NEVER direct another movie again for the simple fact that his ego won't let him do it. He will keep doing t.v. crap and documentaries and produce but won't direct a major picture because if he does another one it will always be compared to the box office champ titanic. He wants his legacy to reflect that his movie is the most popular film in american box office and retire on top. I'm just hoping some film some day will break that record and i'll never have to hear titanic again.

DVDGUY1116 09-08-03 10:00 PM

Originally posted by woolvr
JC will NEVER direct another movie again for the simple fact that his ego won't let him do it. He will keep doing t.v. crap and documentaries and produce but won't direct a major picture because if he does another one it will always be compared to the box office champ titanic. He wants his legacy to reflect that his movie is the most popular film in american box office and retire on top. I'm just hoping some film some day will break that record and i'll never have to hear titanic again.
I disagree with this. If, as you put it, JC's ego is going to control his film career then I think he will definitely make another movie. I say this because he will want to show everybody that he can do better than everybody else. After his ego sees the successes of Peter Jackson, The Wachowski's and others it will bring him back so that he can prove that he is "King of the World." ;)

However, I am a huge JC fan and I do like Titanic and would get a special edition DVD eventhough it is my least favorite JC film.

arthur_dent 09-09-03 05:33 PM

Is there a picture of the cover/box out?

JoeyOhhhh 09-09-03 06:02 PM

Originally posted by woolvr
Guess you missed this