DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Dvds are Evil/I tell ya (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316102-dvds-evil-i-tell-ya.html)

ctyler 09-06-03 06:36 PM

Dvds are Evil/I tell ya

I love Dvds but I also hate them too. Not only do I own 135 dvds with no signs of stopping I have spent my very last dollar on dvds many times. Another thing I hate is the double or triple dipping but then again the good still out weighs the bad. Am I Nuts?

Robert 09-06-03 06:46 PM

Everytime I argue with my DVDs, I always end up sleeping on the couch! My DVDs and I have come so close to saying "I want a divorce!" but the next day we kiss and make up.

danol 09-06-03 06:52 PM

Gee Guys what are you going to be like

When your in my neck of the woods with over 2,000 DVD soon to be 2100 what are you going to do call the Ghostbusters, to get some polterguist to spook you out of buying what you really want ?

TomOpus 09-06-03 07:42 PM

Re: Dvds are Evil/I tell ya

Originally posted by ctyler
I love Dvds but I also hate them too. Not only do I own 135 dvds with no signs of stopping I have spent my very last dollar on dvds many times. Another thing I hate is the double or triple dipping but then again the good still out weighs the bad. Am I Nuts?

Yes

Romero 09-06-03 07:48 PM

I remember 135 dvd's. That was a good time. Wait until you spend over 500 bucks in one week.

DonnachaOne 09-06-03 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Romero
Wait until you spend over 500 bucks in one week.
Why so frugal?

gutwrencher 09-06-03 09:31 PM

when you get to 1,000.....give me a call. you have not reached nutdom yet, but we will save a seat for you.http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/stretch.gif

unbeeleebable 09-06-03 09:40 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
when you get to 1,000.....give me a call. you have not reached nutdom yet, but we will save a seat for you.http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/stretch.gif
LOL...I'm almost to scared now to admit how many I own!

Romero 09-06-03 10:15 PM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Why so frugal?
HAHA it would be more some weeks if I were wealthy. Especially on some series. I tend to let them build up for a bit before I purchase them. This week was X-files season 1-7. I figured it was time since season 8 is quickly approaching. That will leave me with just season 9 to finish up.

mrcoaster 09-06-03 10:26 PM

Yes, the DVDs are definitely evil. During the week, I may innocently go to Best Buy and browse. Perhaps there is a single title on my to-buy list. Then it starts. One or two DVDs start talking to me. Whispering really...."Pick me! Pick me!" "Over here! I'm a special edition with commentary and deleted scenes! You definitely have to have me in your collection." They just sit there, not moving....but taunting me, taunting me. It's scary!

Tom Banjo 09-06-03 11:35 PM

Originally posted by mrcoaster
Yes, the DVDs are definitely evil. During the week, I may innocently go to Best Buy and browse. Perhaps there is a single title on my to-buy list. Then it starts. One or two DVDs start talking to me. Whispering really...."Pick me! Pick me!" "Over here! I'm a special edition with commentary and deleted scenes! You definitely have to have me in your collection." They just sit there, not moving....but taunting me, taunting me. It's scary!
:lol: So true.
Thanks for the new sig. :)

DVDude! 09-06-03 11:45 PM

Re: Gee Guys what are you going to be like

Originally posted by danol
When your in my neck of the woods with over 2,000 DVD soon to be 2100 what are you going to do call the Ghostbusters, to get some polterguist to spook you out of buying what you really want ?
DANOL! You're alive! Was starting to wonder. You've been quiet for a few days.

TomOpus 09-07-03 12:07 AM

Re: Re: Gee Guys what are you going to be like

Originally posted by DVDude!
DANOL! You're alive! Was starting to wonder. You've been quiet for a few days.
He's been hanging out in Music and the Otter farm. He can sure get around! :)

BlackBeauty92 09-07-03 12:19 AM

:lol:

*look up checking account.... look up DVD racks*

:(

atari2600 09-07-03 01:06 AM

sometimes i think i have a dvd problem with my ~70 or so, but then i read threads like this and i dont feel so bad :)

maybe im just really picky but i wouldnt even have 100 total if i bought every 4 or 5 on my 'want list' (rated out of 5). then to imagine those with 2000...i would need to buy 1900 more to match that? i cant name that many movies!

NikePenguin 09-07-03 01:26 AM

DVD's are NOT evil. Well...ok...the full screen ones are. But none of us have to worry about any of "those" ones being in our collections.

Romero 09-07-03 01:59 AM

Fullscreen is not evil if it is OAR. ;)

edytwinky 09-07-03 04:20 AM

DVD's will only be evil if they become obsolete

lisadoris 09-07-03 06:54 AM

Originally posted by mrcoaster
rotfl That happens to me every single time I go into Best Buy! I'm glad to know it's not just me. This is why I wish the rewards card could be used for online purchases, that way the DVDs wouldn't start talking to me :)

DVD Polizei 09-07-03 07:35 AM

gutwrencher,

I'm almost at 1000. 978 is my current count. A friend of mine came over and said I should alphabetize the titles. I said, "Ok, go ahead. I'll watch, and give you food and drink as tribute for your work."

Needless to say, I still have titles all over the place in whatever order.

Snowmaker 09-07-03 08:40 AM

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
gutwrencher,

I'm almost at 1000. 978 is my current count. A friend of mine came over and said I should alphabetize the titles. I said, "Ok, go ahead. I'll watch, and give you food and drink as tribute for your work."

Needless to say, I still have titles all over the place in whatever order.

I'd do it. For some reason I enjoy doing that sort of thing. All 450+ of my CDs are and also my 115 DVDs.