DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   How about a "Bonnie and Clyde" reissue? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/315610-how-about-bonnie-clyde-reissue.html)

vivarey 09-04-03 11:33 AM

How about a "Bonnie and Clyde" reissue?

I believe this was part of WB's original DVD collection (March 1997), and it's screaming for a re-release. Non-anamorphic, no special features, etc. Would anybody else love to see a Special Edition of this title?

FilmFanSea 09-04-03 12:22 PM

Re: How about a "Bonnie and Clyde" reissue?

Originally posted by vivarey
Would anybody else love to see a Special Edition of this title?
Definitely. One of the greatest American films of the sixties--it deserves much, much better.

BassDude 09-04-03 03:11 PM

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

(I finally picked this one up recently.) :)

Yes, an anamorphic version and some extras would be nice.

D-Ball 09-04-03 03:15 PM

I believe the current version is anamorphic, but regardless it could use some work. I'm pretty confident that WB will eventually re-release Bonnie & Clyde as one of their 2-disc special editions.

vivarey 09-04-03 03:53 PM

Originally posted by D-Ball
I believe the current version is anamorphic
All the sources I've checked say no, but I don't own it myself so I can't say for sure.

ernestrp 09-04-03 04:29 PM

The one I have is anamorphic and the other side is standard.

jreedbritt 09-04-03 05:21 PM

It was originally released as a full-frame only title. Warner re-released it with a new anamorphic transfer in Dec. 1999.

woemcats 09-04-03 07:24 PM

I want this, but I fear it is on the list for possible inclusion in the 2-disc series from Warner.

Doc Moonlight 09-04-03 10:12 PM

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Especially if it had an Arthur Penn commentary.

CinemaSparkles 09-05-03 01:39 PM

A film of it's stature really does deserve more. Bonnie and Clyde is one of my very favorite films, so I'd be glad dump the current bare-bones disc for a new Special Edition. Hopefully WB will re-release it. Next year'd be nice. :)

marty888 09-05-03 01:57 PM

I've held off on buying the current edition (no problem finding <i>other</i> DVDs to spend money on -wink-) hoping a special edition will show up.... Warners should give this the 2-disk treatment since it is considered to be a landmark American movie.

chente 09-05-03 03:26 PM

I vote yes.

dvd-4-life 09-05-03 05:41 PM

Does anyone know who sang the song-Bonnie and Clyde-thanks

Doc Moonlight 09-05-03 08:51 PM

Originally posted by dvd-4-life
Does anyone know who sang the song-Bonnie and Clyde-thanks
Georgie Fame sang "The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde". It was not in the movie, but was written and released after the movie became popular.

Grizzly 09-05-03 08:56 PM

i'd be <u>shocked</u> if warner bros. don't release this as a 2-disc set eventually just like <b>casablanca</b>, <b>citizen kane</b> and the like. it is after all considered a major landmark in american cinema.