Dune - Director's Cut: Color Issues

Old 09-03-03, 12:20 AM
Suspended

Dune - Director's Cut: Color Issues

I noticed tonight that starting on Disc 1, chapter 5, and about 2mins 21secs into the program, blue/purple are more saturated. The problem occurs just after Paul has his little practice fight, and he is in his quarters, discussing why Thufir does not like the Jesuit Priests. At around 2mins 21secs, you see a significant increase in blues/purples.

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.
Old 09-03-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are you talking about Sci-Fi Channel's Frank Herbert's Dune or are you talking about an imported disc of the extended TV cut of David Lynch's Dune? Specifying this might make it easier to get help from others.

DJ
Old 09-03-03, 03:48 AM
Suspended

Sorry. I thought the Lynch version was the "Extended Edition" and not a DC, since Lynch wanted his name removed from that version.

Anyway, I'm talking about the Sci-Fi version. I should have mentioned the year of release to give a better clue.
Old 09-03-03, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Sorry. I thought the Lynch version was the "Extended Edition" and not a DC, since Lynch wanted his name removed from that version.
Well, I don't think it has one official title - "extended TV version" probably comes closest to the truth. That said, I've seen it referred to as a "director's cut" innumerable times over the years, despite Lynch's disowning of it, so I figured you might want to be specific as possible in order to get assistance from others.

DJ
Old 09-03-03, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Yes, I wasn't as specific as I should have been. I will get better as I learn the ways of prefacing a DVD movie in its proper form, and hope that a kind DVD Talk spirit, will oblige me in discussing some issues I may have encountered.