DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone find PCU anywhere? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/315091-anyone-find-pcu-anywhere.html)

deadlax 09-02-03 11:00 AM

Anyone find PCU anywhere?

I searched...

Best Buy
Circuit City
Borders
Tower Video
Barnes and Noble
Target
Blockbuster

and didn't find a copy anywhere. This was the only movie I REALLY wanted this week. Well I guess I'll order it online.

Obey The D 09-02-03 12:31 PM

I had no luck either. I went to Best Buy, Circuit City and CD World.

flashburn 09-02-03 01:06 PM

Good luck getting it at Best Buy. When I went there they said they had 0 in store and 0 at the warehouse. Same with Circuit City. I finally had to get it at Blockbuster.

tenaciousdave 09-02-03 01:06 PM

I couldn't find it either.

matome 09-02-03 01:10 PM

I can't trust my local B&M's to have smaller catalog titles like PCU. Even if they do get them on date, it's usually one or two copies and they'll be long gone by the time I get out of work. I just preorder them online. According to DVDempire, my copy should be waiting for me when I get home.

TheKing 09-02-03 01:46 PM

The days of these stores getting in all the new releases are sadly gone.

I had a long list of things I wanted to get today, with Alias at the top of the list, so I went to Circuit City for the cheapest price (and free book).

I left Circuit City with Alias, and nothing else. No Fletch Lives...No PCU...No It's Pat...No High School Reunion Collection (though they had Weird Science and Sixteen Candles by themselves)...no Witch Mountain movies...no More American Graffiti.

I didn't expect to find most of these (not having the HSR Collection was a surprise), but it's still slightly disappointing. There's just too many titles out now for these stores to worry about wasting shelf space on these low selling, low cost catalog titles.

A shame...

Obey The D 09-02-03 01:57 PM

Has anyone from the Morris/Passaic County area of NJ had any luck finding this today?

tywebb1976 09-02-03 02:39 PM

Best Buy in Omaha, ordered 25 for PCU, but didn't get any in. Deliver was anticipated for Wednesday or Thursday.

Fatman 09-02-03 03:44 PM

Obey, I'm down in Middlesex, I'm gonna check the Best Buy down here tonight. If I can't find them there then DDD is getting my business.

RUSF18 09-02-03 03:47 PM

Fatman, if you're talking about the one in East Brunswick, no luck. I just ordered thru the website.

cornbetts 09-02-03 04:27 PM

PCU shipped late due to the holiday. Try buying it tomorrow. I bet you'll have better luck!

Steve Phillips 09-02-03 05:02 PM

Chris Young has been buying up all the copies.

Star Wars Guy 09-03-03 07:58 AM

Looked for it yesterday at Circuit City. After a few minutes looking for it in the back, the guy returned and told me they would not be carrying it.

Also, checked Walmart and it was not to be found there either.

Noticed BestBuy.com has it listed for 9.99, so guess I'll have to order it.

RUSF18 09-07-03 10:31 PM

Just got a backorder notice from bestbuy.com.

Looks like its shipping Tuesday.

Matthew Chmiel 09-07-03 11:14 PM

I've tried Best Buy, Borders, Tower Records, Circuit City, Fry's, and Target. None of them had it.

It's just sad to see Home Alone 4 in all of those locations and no PCU.

Doughboy 09-08-03 12:22 AM

I received my copy from DDD on Thursday.

Michael Corvin 09-08-03 06:24 AM

I received mine from DVDSoon last friday.