Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Any More "MST3K" Collections In the Works? (update: yes, Vol. 4 - 11/11)

Any More "MST3K" Collections In the Works? (update: yes, Vol. 4 - 11/11)

Old 09-01-03, 06:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay, I thought you were from the mindset that Sci-Fi Era = automatically disappointing, which to me seems sort of elitist... "If it doesn't have Joel, it's crap!" But if what you meant is that there probably won't be any more Comedy-Central-era shows, and that's what is disappointing, then I'd have to agree.
Old 09-01-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Okay, I thought you were from the mindset that Sci-Fi Era = automatically disappointing,
I know many people feel that way. Including "the series was dead after Joel left" attitude. I've never agreed with any of that. Personally I thought Mike was just as good and probably better in the theater where most of the show is done.

My only negative of the Sci-fi era is the host segments which most of the time I really didn't like as much as the CC era. Maybe its Pearl or just the silly storylines, but I liked them better before (However the bit with Crow dancing in those Gold Boots still cracks me up so it wasn't all terrible). However, thats a small part of the show and the writing for the stuff in the theater is just as good if not better in the Sci-fi era. The riffing on stuff like Space Mutiny and Girl in Gold Boots is incredible.

I'm really looking forward to this box set. The more homemade VCDs I can replace with quality DVDs the better.

Last edited by darkside; 09-01-03 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-01-03, 09:12 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW RHINO RELEASE DETAILS
The next MST3K release from Rhino Home Video will be a four-pack featuring four episodes from the Sci-Fi Channel era. The titles are: episode 902- GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS, episode 1009- HAMLET, episode 820- SPACE MUTINY and 822- OVERDRAWN AT THE MEMORY BANK.

Special features will include brand new intros for all four episodes by Mike Nelson, the original trailers for "Hamlet" and "Girl In Gold Boots" and the original TV spot for "Girl In Gold Boots."

The set will hit stores Nov. 11, and the suggested retail price will be $59.95.
Well this sucks. Four episodes that I put on DVD-R when they all recently aired on SCIFI, and three episodes that I have no desire to watch anytime soon. I was really hoping they'd release episodes not available anywhere (besides downloads). Oh well...
Maybe I'll rent for the intros.
Old 09-02-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
While I find most eps very funny, Overdrawn is one of the few to have me literally gasping for air.

And I've been trying to pick up a collection of Shakespeare DVDs for my wife. Hamlet will do quite nicely