The Saint MegaSet

Community
Search

The Saint MegaSet

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-03, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Saint MegaSet

I am dissapointed to have found that the saint MegaSet has such flaws as bellow:

The Cover Picture for Voulme 10, is the same picture used in the menu of Volume 9 and is from an episode of Volume 8. Also there appears to be an encoding problem in the upper right hand corner of Volume 9 in the episode INVITATION TO DANGER at time 0:03:04 lasting quite a few seconds. Has anyone else also purchased this set and found these issues? One of the previous Volumes seemed to be overbright and not have enough contrast.

Does anyone here collect THE SAINT and has found any issues with these discs?

Thank You...Larry
Old 08-30-03, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts
What you see as an "encoding problem" looks like a reflection on the inside of the car's windshield to me.

The spot only appears in the shots through the windshield. It disappears when they cut back to the girl in the car. It appears and disappears on the windshield, depending on the position of the camera.
Old 08-30-03, 04:44 PM

Re: The Saint MegaSet

This may sound irrelevant coming from someone who has no plans to buy this release, but...

Originally posted by Larry1B
The Cover Picture for Voulme 10, is the same picture used in the menu of Volume 9 and is from an episode of Volume 8.
Oh no, major problem!
Old 08-30-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does it have an insert?
Old 08-30-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
Does it have an insert?
Took you long enough, Tarantino. All the way to the fourth post! You're slipping...
Old 08-30-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
Re: Re: The Saint MegaSet

Originally posted by Philip Reuben
Oh no, major problem!
He never characterized it as a "major problem" only that the set has flaws. It may not be of critical importance to you but anyone who is a fan of any series expects care and attention to detail in the presentation of a costly boxset. Yes, there are people left in the world who care about the details and the importance of quality work.
Old 08-31-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Re: The Saint MegaSet

Originally posted by philo
It may not be of critical importance to you but anyone who is a fan of any series expects care and attention to detail in the presentation of a costly boxset. Yes, there are people left in the world who care about the details and the importance of quality work.
But for the cover art? On a keepcase that's gonna reside inside a mega-box??

Enjoy - the - show.

That is all.
Old 08-31-03, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Walter Neff
Took you long enough, Tarantino. All the way to the fourth post! You're slipping...
I planned it all along. MUWAHAHAHAHA...
Old 08-31-03, 12:08 PM

I am only disappointed that more time and attention was not spent in the detals, "I am dissapointed to have found that the saint MegaSet has such flaws". I would expect that a quality set be presented from A&E, and after reviewing the other posts, it does appear to be a reflection as Dimension X suggests. As philo states "anyone who is a fan of any series expects care and attention to detail in the presentation of a costly boxset" sums it up best. Are the sets put together so quickly for the fast buck that no one checks for details like these? This is not the first time A&E has had problems with their boxes, the Prisoner series had flawed discs (sound issues) that they remastered and offered for exchange. And the insert, it would be nice if there were more than their standard advertising of their other series for sale. but yes it does have an insert.... same in all the cases, but it does have one.
Old 08-31-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Details like what?? A glare in a window? Sorry, but I think that's the fault of the cameraman and director so many years ago, and not A&E's. And the cover art? My god, I'm afraid to look into the 1999 and Prisoner sets integrity on this point; I may find some repeats and some images that weren't culled from the exact shows on a particular disc, and return them for a refund in digust at such lack of regard for the material.
Old 09-01-03, 11:32 AM

The details of the menus and cover art not matching. This may not seem to matter to many, but these details are of importance to some who appreciate and collect the series. I enjoy this box and would not consider returning it. It has been established that there is a reflection in the seen mentioned, and that is acceptable, as you state, "that's the fault of the cameraman and director so many years ago, and not A&E's" If the menus and cover art were mixed up on a more popular series, would others not be dissappointed?
Old 09-01-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts
Originally posted by Larry1B
If the menus and cover art were mixed up on a more popular series, would others not be dissappointed?
See for yourself.