Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Simpsons Season 3 easter eggs- anyone have any luck?

Old 08-29-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw on another site that if you go to disc 3, main menu & enter 87463 (or something similar) it brings up the audio outtakes menu that is mentioned on the box. However the reviewer said he tried it on like 4 players before he got one that worked. I tried 2 of mine & it won't work on either. Is there no other way? And I looked everywhere for the baby translator? Features that are listed on the box shouldn't be easter eggs. And if they are, they shouldn't be impossible to find. Why would anyone hit 87463 for no reason. Plus, not only are they impossible to find, your player might not let you access them even if you know where to look! Hooray for these great extra features.
Old 08-29-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It worked on my Apex, but not on my Daewoo. BTW, it's 84763, the amount that rings up on the cash register when Maggie is scanned in the opening credits.

Rob
Old 08-29-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is what I read on another forum. After you hit each number, it re-starts the music cue from the beginning. You have to wait until the cue starts again before you hit the next number. IOW, don't hit "84763". Hit "8", wait for the cue, hit "4", wait for the cue, etc. See if that works better. I haven't tried it yet myself.
Old 08-29-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya, the first time i tried it, i did it real fast and had no luck. when i did it slower, i had success.

(this is about DVDs, i promise)
Old 08-29-03, 10:41 PM

After you hit each number, it re-starts the music cue from the beginning. You have to hit "8", wait for the cue, hit "4", wait ...
So...Not only is it nearly impossible to locate....but you then have the added burden of having to enter each digit at a pre-prescribed time, or you still can't find it!

Gimini-Christmas! Somebody really wanted to bury this baby! Kinda silly (& annoying to boot).
Old 08-30-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you hit enter after the last number? Nobody has found the baby translator yet?
Old 08-30-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't tried this yet, but is there a site that has the list of the Easter Eggs for this collection? Mot of the ones that I go to do not have Season Three added yet.
Old 08-30-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So far, this is the only egg discovered that I've seen anywhere.
Old 08-30-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
The hidden commentaries are easter eggs too.
Old 08-30-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got the Audio Outtakes to work on the first try. Pretty entertaining actually, and during the commentaries, they make reference to these audio outtakes...
Old 08-30-03, 11:56 AM

Press ENTER after each digit and wait for the music to re-cue.
Old 08-31-03, 06:53 PM

On the first episode on disc 1, there is another commentary track (for a total of 2 different commentaries) that I got by just switching to the audio language when I started the show. Not sure how to get to it normally.
Old 08-31-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone find the baby translator yet? I am assuming that it is on disc four, since that is where the episode is, but no luck so far...
Old 09-01-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
There's a hidden commentary on disc 2 for Lisa's Pony as well. Working my way through the set and i'm on the 3rd disc
Old 09-01-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 443 Likes on 291 Posts
I love this set and I'm happy to have it, but I still have to raise a complaint about this Audio Outtake nonesense.
I'm a little annoyed over this 'punch 1-7-8, then press Enter, then do the hokey-pokey, press 6, count to five...' My DVD player has been out of comission for about 6 months so I've just been watching DVDs on my computer. I have no clue how to acess the 'secret' parts of the DVD.
Also, I am not against Easter Eggs. Put as many Easter Eggs as they like on the disc, make them as hard to find as possible, I don't care. But what aggrivates me is when they advertise these things. I refuse to hunt around for Easter Eggs. These features were not advertised as 'Special Hidden' Audio Outtakes, were they? If not then I feel like I've been cheated.

Other than that, fabulous DVD. I really agree with Matt Groening's sentiment 'I think these shows make Season 2 look like Season 1.'
Old 09-01-03, 07:52 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
This site has a list of easter eggs, but no instructions on how to find them:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=2540
Old 09-01-03, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 443 Likes on 291 Posts
Originally posted by jough

Holy schamoly! That's a lotta stuff.

The adundance of difficult to find Easter Eggs makes perfect sense to me now. They figure it'll take us over a year to find all that stuff, and will be to distracted during that time to bitch and moan about how long it's taking Season 4 to come out.
Old 09-01-03, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A lot more easter eggs than I thought. Must find them! The worst thing is that it seems to be hidden in ways that you need to do a lot of hassling to figure them out, rather than just clicking around...
Old 09-02-03, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by jough

Is this site really reliable? Could it be possible that those were rumored special features that never made it?

I know I've heard the directors and writers of the show talk about some of that stuff during the commentaries but I've been totally unable to find anything more than the 4 extra commentaries and the audio outtakes on disc 3.

The thing that makes me doubt this is they mention several "pop-up Simpsons" trivia and I could only find one of those, that is listed in the menus (the one for the "Colonel Homer" episode.) Since they listed that one in the special features menu for this episode, shouldn't the other pop up be available through the special features menus too? Or at least, I guess they would be available through the use of the subtitle button of my remote but they aren't.

I think this is pretty frustrating stuff.
Old 09-02-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Something that makes me question the validity of TVShowsonDVD's list is them listing the Baby Translator on all 4 discs. Why wouldn't that be ONLY on disc 4, the disc that actually featured that episode? That list seems suspect to me.
Old 09-08-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone find any more easter eggs? I want to see the baby translator.
Old 11-24-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So after months no one has found the baby translator yet? I haven't seen any sites that have it either. You'd think that the idiots would have put it on the website or something since they advertised it on the back & nobody's found it yet. But I forgot how horrible their website is, except to go to the Simpsons store. I've been watching since Tracy Ullman & am the biggest fan, but have to wonder if they care about the fans at all. Groening made all websites remove Simpsons pictures, sounds, etc. a few years ago, and yet their website has no wallpapers, screensavers, sounds or anything except an episode guide & the store.
Old 11-24-03, 08:01 PM

My $99 Sony player doesn't even have numbers on the remote so I'm SOL with any number based Easter Eggs. SIGH...
Old 03-03-04, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so, anyone find em all yet?
Old 03-03-04, 10:41 PM

I have had no luck with the numerical ones on XBox, PS2 or my Samsung. This was something I commented on in a survey Fox emailed me regarding "Simpsons" DVD's. I said that Easter Eggs (especially ones listed as features on the packaging) shouldn't be so difficult to access. I don't mind working a bit, but come on! I had forgotten about taking it until I picked up my mail the other day and received a copy of the "Simpsons Christmas" disc in the mail with a thank you letter from them. And yes, I did say I wished they were released a bit quicker (but not at the cost of quality or extras-EVER!).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.