Enigma SE

Old 08-28-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enigma SE

Enigma is a very good film with a craptacular transfer. I have heard the transfer for the new SE (due 9/16) is "much improved". In all honesty, that wouldn't be hard. Anyone know of a review?
Old 10-02-03, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still waiting to hear oif the image quality has improved.
Old 10-02-03, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Peep
Still waiting to hear oif the image quality has improved.

Aaron Beierle's review says it is! Here's the URL:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=7388
Old 10-02-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Enigma SE

Originally posted by Easy
Enigma is a very good film with a craptacular transfer. I have heard the transfer for the new SE (due 9/16) is "much improved". In all honesty, that wouldn't be hard. Anyone know of a review?
I fell asleep with this one. Should I try it again?
Old 10-02-03, 11:37 PM
Rest in Peace

TV Autopsies not for me

One thing you are forgetting the music was really great, John Barry still knows how to mix a score. I am keeping mine for I have a HDTV that I have mastered. I also never learned to do HDTV autopies like you people do.

Ignorance is bliss was really my thoughts on not learning too much as human beings can't make perfect things. Red Push and Chroma Bug 'not' I watch the movie and let you do the autopsies and suffer that all is not perfect. The only thing I was taught and now when I see it I am turned off by it and that's horizontal lines on analog TV, whereas they're no seen lines on my HDTV.

That's all I want to know for I do enjoy the picture not look for flaws, once you know what to look for you see them and your movie lasure is finished. HD-DVD you'll be looking for flaws also and ruining your viewing pleasures! Ignorance is bliss
Old 10-03-03, 08:33 AM

Re: TV Autopsies not for me

Originally posted by danol

Ignorance is bliss was really my thoughts on not learning too much as human beings can't make perfect things. Red Push and Chroma Bug 'not' I watch the movie and let you do the autopsies and suffer that all is not perfect. The only thing I was taught and now when I see it I am turned off by it and that's horizontal lines on analog TV, whereas they're no seen lines on my HDTV.

That's all I want to know for I do enjoy the picture not look for flaws, once you know what to look for you see them and your movie lasure is finished. HD-DVD you'll be looking for flaws also and ruining your viewing pleasures! Ignorance is bliss
I completely agree with danol on this subject. I am just so grateful that DVD technology was invented so as to enjoy a crystal-clear picture and sound. While it's admirable to get as educated as one can in regards to what their passion and interest is, in this case it can be detrimental to the enjoyment and appreciation of films on disc.