Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a Wizards and Warriors DVD collection?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how many here remember this show. It aired on CBS back in "the day." 1983 to be exact. It's one of the earliest shows I remember really enjoying. I think it was on back in a time Dungeons and Dragons was on Saturday morning and the movie Mazes and Monsters had just come out, if my memory serves me well.

Anyway, I was watching my old tapes of this again and I was amazed at how well this series has held up over the years. 20 years, actually. This show is 20 years old and feels just as fresh and as innovative today as anything I've seen in the last several years. I think it's just as good, if not better than Herclues. And it's far better than much of genre TV of the 80's. There are other series that I think are still enjoyable from that time period, but don't hold up as well, such as V and Star Trek the Next Generation (flame away!). But I watch Wizards and Warriors again and it's just as good as it ever was.

Sadly, it only lasted 8 episodes, so it's a cult favorite at best. I don't know what chances are we might see this on DVD, but it would be a relatively inexpenisve set if one was relesed.
Old 08-26-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure I'd lay out the cash to buy it.

I'd probably rent it, however.
Old 08-26-03, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't remember alot about it, but I think I'd buy it. As to wether or not we'll ever see it, who knows. I was at Best Buy today picking up LOTR:TTT and noticed they now have a TV Shows DVD section. Alot of stuff there that I had no idea was coming out. I was really surprised to see the recent (horrible) Beastmaster series. There were a few others that surprised me as well, but I'm drawing a blank right now.

W&W is prime for a DVD release, IMO. I'd also like to see Brisco County on DVD.
Old 08-26-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Eight episodes? I'm not sure if that's even worth putting out on DVD.

Personally, while everyone is on this TV craze I want five shows..

Quantum Leap (it has been on and off again for over two years!!!)

Tales from the Crypt (No word on this. The movie's have been released and one best of Robert Zemekis DVD - but nothing else. Odd, see'ing as they released 36 episodes on VHS!)

Tales from the Darkside ( Nothing on this. Most of it was released on VHS tho and I think Artisan owns the rights now.)

Batman (The 1960's show..The movie was released but that's it so far)

Superman ( The George Reeve's version. I'd pay good money for all these episodes.)
Old 08-26-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LivingINClip
Eight episodes? I'm not sure if that's even worth putting out on DVD.
By that logic, there would be quite a bit not on DVD. Much of BBC's catalogue, for example, would never see DVD, and their series typically only run for six episodes. And by that logic, Tick and Ben Stiller Show should never come to DVD either, since they both had such short runs it would hardly be worth it to put out on DVD. And by that logic, we should never see Police Squad on DVD either, since that was only six episodes how could that be worth it?

Or how about we just take a look at quality rather than quantity. I guarantee you that you have better quality TV in 8 episodes of Wizards and Warriors than a full season run of Beastmaster.
Old 08-26-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know my dad would. He's got all the episodes on tape.
Old 08-26-03, 08:15 PM

I would, I was in 4th grade when this show was on and it was my frigging favorite. And tales of the gold monkey.