DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   24 Preview Disc (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/313291-24-preview-disc.html)

Trinitron 08-24-03 11:16 AM

24 Preview Disc

There is already a thread on this disc in the bargains section, but I thought a wider alert was warranted as well as some discussion of the content.

Starting today, Best Buy is giving away a free sample disc containing the first two episodes of season 2.

Here are the details from a quick look at the disc:

It is anamorphic, in 5.1, and looks great. There is no other content on the disc (I was hoping it would have the season 3 preview material that supposedly is coming, but no luck.) The scant menu looks just like the R2.

They had boxes of them at my Best Buy, so they should not be exceedingly difficult to find.

If you need a fix until the Season 2 set comes out, this should be an excellent holdover. And you can't beat the price!

Superman07 08-24-03 02:52 PM

re

Got mine and already watched the first ep! =)

Haven't seen the season though, so I'll definitely be picking up the set in a little over a week. Too bad my girlfriend will yell at me if I watch it. She liked what she saw of season 1 but got mad at me when I watched the whole thing without her. Somehow I'm gonna have to catch her up before I watch season 2. =(

Copenhagen 08-24-03 02:53 PM

huh?

Oh wait you meant ER right?

LBPound 08-24-03 02:54 PM

Is this the spinoff of "er"?

Superman07 08-24-03 02:55 PM

junks! i swear I hit the reply button in that 24 thread. I have no idea how i hit "new post".

Sorry!

Jcheckel 08-24-03 02:56 PM

Also, it includes a $5 rebate if you buy season 2 or a $10 rebate if you buy seasons 1 & 2. Makes the free deal even better.

ProjectMayhem 08-24-03 05:57 PM

My local best Buy isn't getting them in until Tuesday. :(

Superman07 08-24-03 08:50 PM

I know it's a little pre-emptive, but does anybody know if Best Buy will be doing a "Buy both and save X$" type deal??

If so I'd wait until 9/2 to get both and use my mail-in offer! ;)

funstan 08-25-03 06:52 PM

If any lurkers are in the Nashville area, the Hickory Hollow Best Buy has plenty of them, go to the CD department and ask a sales associate. This is a cool promo.

Hokeyboy 08-25-03 07:27 PM

Holy cow, I got mine free with an Amazon order that arrived today. Huzzah!! :)

iove 08-25-03 08:02 PM

I don't know why everyone is so excited about this latest freebie. It's just a marketing ploy by Fox to get people hooked on 24 like I am. For those who already plan on purchasing it it isn't worth a thing, but for those who have never seen that promo disk might end up costing that poor unsuspecting customer at BB $55.00 on 9/2!

If they really wanted something special they should have put some extras like the Star Trek stuff...

ProjectMayhem 08-25-03 08:07 PM

Originally posted by iove
I don't know why everyone is so excited about this latest freebie. It's just a marketing ploy by Fox to get people hooked on 24 like I am. For those who already plan on purchasing it it isn't worth a thing, but for those who have never seen that promo disk might end up costing that poor unsuspecting customer at BB $55.00 on 9/2!

If they really wanted something special they should have put some extras like the Star Trek stuff...

The more people who enjoy 24, the better!

Plus, you get a $5 off coupon...

I'm all for it. :up: