DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/310817-pirates-caribbean-dvd-news.html)

Daytripper 08-11-03 02:56 PM

"Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 
Not a whole lot of news, but enough to make me do a small happy dance. From DavisDVD.com:

Buena Vista's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is expected to roll into stores in early December (which will be a two-disc set full of bonus booty).

PixyJunket 08-11-03 02:58 PM

Bonus Booty! :lol: :up:

Geofferson 08-11-03 03:00 PM

Nice - I really enjoyed this movie and will be picking up the DVD for sure.

The Void 08-11-03 03:06 PM

I'm really looking forward to this DVD. I really enjoyed this movie in the theater. This could be a great demo disc for your HT.

davejt1 08-11-03 03:14 PM

Re: "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 

Originally posted by Daytripper
(which will be a two-disc set full of bonus booty).
Geez, I must be thinking about the wrong movie - was J. Lo in this? :hump:

C'mon, you knew that joke was coming sooner or later. We might as well get it out of the way now.

Sessa17 08-11-03 03:19 PM

By far the best movie I've seen all year. I hope there is some way they can talk Depp into doing the commentary, but I doubt it.

This is already one of my 2 or 3 most anticipated DVDs.

TopHatCat64 08-11-03 03:26 PM

Well depp did do commentary for CC's fear and loathing so its not like he never does them. So there is a chance! -smile-

milo bloom 08-11-03 03:40 PM

This DVD is too booty-licious for me!

Actually, I'm very much looking forward to cranking this up on the old widescreen and surround sound. I never thought I would enjoy a pirate movie as much as I did.

Kaffe_02 08-11-03 03:43 PM

Cool i really enjoyed the movie and cant wait to get the DVD

Groucho 08-11-03 03:44 PM

Is this that bomb with Geena Davis and Matthew Modine? Geez, when it came out people were talking about what a bomb it was, now everybody's looking forward to it?

KillaBeez 08-11-03 03:53 PM

Re: "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 

Originally posted by Daytripper
Not a whole lot of news, but enough to make me do a small happy dance. From DavisDVD.com:

Buena Vista's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is expected to roll into stores in early December (which will be a two-disc set full of bonus booty).

Buena Vista never put inserts but are they going to had an insert for the PoTC?.

Daytripper 08-11-03 03:56 PM


Originally posted by Groucho
Is this that bomb with Geena Davis and Matthew Modine? Geez, when it came out people were talking about what a bomb it was, now everybody's looking forward to it?
===> insert distant coughs here. A la "The Simpsons" ;)

DVD Giant 08-11-03 05:17 PM

It is already announced for Dec. 2nd....

Cornelius1047 08-11-03 05:44 PM

Re: Re: "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 

Originally posted by KillaBeez
Buena Vista never put inserts but are they going to had an insert for the PoTC?.
Wow, it's gotten so bad we're now worrying about the insert before the movie even comes out... People, seriously, this has got to stop. As long as it has a great transfer and great extras, I could care less about an insert, personally. Of course, I guess it couldn't hurt. You know, I'd probably get this DVD if it were barebones. No, I definitely would. But I'm very thankful it won't be. And nobody tell Disney I said that!

I'm there like a Care Bear.

K

matome 08-11-03 06:38 PM

Excellent! It's gonna be a long four months though. :(

DRG 08-11-03 07:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
Wow, it's gotten so bad we're now worrying about the insert before the movie even comes out... People, seriously, this has got to stop.
The sad thing is this url is in existence, ready to be purchased:
http://www.dvdinserts.com/

buckee1 08-11-03 07:19 PM

Excellent Exellent news! Easily the best film I saw all summer. Now if I can only hold out for December 2nd!

Quake1028 08-11-03 07:20 PM

I will get this one day one. Let's just hope the Academy does the right thing and gives Depp an Oscar nod.

AndyB976 08-11-03 08:33 PM

Bonus booty + Keira Knightley = :drool:

Movie_Man 08-11-03 10:39 PM

ARRRRR!!

Lono 08-12-03 12:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: "Pirates of the Caribbean" DVD news
 

Originally posted by Cornelius1047
You know, I'd probably get this DVD if it were barebones.
Spoiler:
Only by moonlight will this one be Barebones
I for one can't wait for a treasure trove of special features on this little beauty... and here is a great transfer and Canon thundering sound! Woo Woo... I know a couple of bad little girls that are getting this sucker in their stockings!

thegame370 08-12-03 04:36 AM

Great news, awesome flick!

REL77 08-12-03 07:12 AM

This has definitly been the best movie I have seen this year. I can not wait.

Dabaomb 08-12-03 08:12 AM


Originally posted by Sessa17
By far the best movie I've seen all year. I hope there is some way they can talk Depp into doing the commentary, but I doubt it.

This is already one of my 2 or 3 most anticipated DVDs.

my thoughts exactly. best movie of the year (although I've yet to see Finding Nemo).

dknight04 08-12-03 08:30 AM

It's a pretty good movie and sounds like a very interesting DVD. Might have to think it over when more news about this release are posted before thinking to pre-order this title.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.