Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone recieve Dead & Buried from Deepdiscount?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put in the order a week ago. Todays the release date & still no word on shipment.

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten it from them yet,or should i cancel & order elsewhere?

Since usually when a site does'nt get stuff in on release date. It does'nt look good. Such as dvdempire still having Emanuelle In America on pre-order/backorder before & since release date last time i looked. Meanwhile i got that dvd right away from DeepDiscount.
Old 07-29-03, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't even receive a shipping confirmation and I preordered three weeks ago. Also still waiting for May to ship.
Old 07-29-03, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Some of us went through the same thing with T2:EE. Got it days after it was released. I think DDD is slipping with shipping.

I've decided not to preorder (if possible) any more. I went ahead and just picked mine up at BB.
Old 07-29-03, 10:37 PM

Well a couple days after release is not that bad. Just would be nice to get it shipped at the very least on release date.

I was thinking of picking it up at BB. Yet they mostly get the BU titles in weeks after release despite this movie in the add on Sunday.
Old 07-29-03, 10:39 PM

according to the site, this title isn't even in stock. I ordered 2 copies of this weeks ago so I wouldn't have to hunt around for it and now it seems I may have to do that anyway. I'm just hoping that the site is wrong and they just haven't updated it yet.
Old 07-29-03, 10:48 PM

Well if it still appears to not be in stock or shipped tomorrow morning. I may cancel my order & drop by Best Buy after work which is right across the street. I have a very short shift anyway. So gives me something to do.

Then again,BB may not have any,lol,just my luck. I don't want to go to SunCoast or Sam Goody!
Old 07-30-03, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They may not have had enough copies to meet the demand.
Old 07-30-03, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Julie Walker

I was thinking of picking it up at BB. Yet they mostly get the BU titles in weeks after release despite this movie in the add on Sunday.
for what it's worth....my BB had about 20 copies. they also were stocking the other 2 new BU titles...Venom and Snuff. in fact...the last 5 or 6 releases from BU have been on the shelves from day 1.

no, I didnt trust them either...I had it pre-ordered from amazon and got it this morning.
Old 07-30-03, 09:11 AM

Mine hadn't shipped as of yesterday. A local chain, Newbury Comics, had it for $17.99, so I went and bought one, and called DDD to cancel.

I have a few orders with them that are taking their own sweet time to ship. I too am waiting for May.

A recent order, for Voices of a Distant Star (anime) took almost a month to ship.

They definitely seem to be slow these days.
Old 07-30-03, 09:41 AM

Mine's still listed as "Out of Stock/Pending" as well. I think this is the last pre-order I'm going to do (at least with them).

DDD does have good prices but their customer service and shipping time has really gone down hill. I cancelled an order a couple of weeks ago and it took them 10 days (!) to actually perform the cancellation and reply. I'll pay the extra cash and stick with B&M from now on I think.
Old 07-30-03, 09:55 AM

How the hell do you cancel orders there? I looked all around my account info options & the FAQ portion & still nothing.

So i just emailed them about it & asked to cancel my order & gave them my #.

I just don't want to end up picking the dvd up,only to have it shipped later on when in stock since they forgot to cancel it.
Old 07-30-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got mine from dvdempire yesterday.
Old 07-30-03, 11:03 AM

How the hell do you cancel orders there?
You have to call them or do exactly what you did -- send an e-mail to [email protected].

I just don't want to end up picking the dvd up,only to have it shipped later on when in stock since they forgot to cancel it.
Well, if that's your worry I'd give it at least a week or so before you buy the DVD anywhere else because their response time is sssssssssllllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww. I've cancelled orders in the past only to receive the disc in the mail followed by an e-mail a few days after that explaining that they're sorry they couldn't cancel my order before it went out. Ho hum.
Old 07-30-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
I've got a copy pre-ordered from DDD as well.

I'm a bit nervous that they're going to screw me out of it, as it is a limited edition.
Old 07-30-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How limited is this release? There are some "Limited Edition" releases that have hung around a LONG time. Many Anchor Bay releases, for example.
Old 07-30-03, 01:20 PM

my order from DDD still says preorder with a ship date of 7/29.
Old 07-30-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by flix1
How limited is this release?
50,000 copies from what i have been lead to believe.
Old 07-30-03, 02:52 PM

How limited is this release?
Per Blue Underground's website, it is indeed limited to 50,000 units. While that is "limited" in the broadest sense, 50,000 is one hell of a lot of DVDs. I wouldn't worry about not being able to get a copy unless you plan to wait a few years to buy it.

Consider that Anchor Bay's 2-disc HALLOWEEN set was limited to 30,000 units and was still readily available most places until about a year ago (it was released in September of 1999).

Last edited by Count_Zero; 07-30-03 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-30-03, 03:38 PM

Well i did pick it up at BB after work for $21 with tax. I have not opened it yet,since i wanted to check my email first just in case.

I may open now though as i want to watch the film tonight. Have never seen it before & am itching to get a glimpse finally after all these years.

If they do end up shipping my dvd though,i can always send it back i guess. Yet hopefully they cancel long before that happens.
Old 07-30-03, 03:57 PM

If they do end up shipping my dvd though,i can always send it back i guess.
Better yet, just take it to Best Buy and return it. Much less hassle than mailing it back to DDD. I've done that before.
Old 07-30-03, 06:39 PM

according to DDD this title is on backorder with the manufacturer until August 8th or 9th
Old 07-30-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
according to DDD this title is on backorder with the manufacturer until August 8th or 9th
That is exactly what they told me too, as far as the dates go.

I canceled all three with DDD and picked them up at Best Buy.
Old 07-31-03, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gutwrencher
for what it's worth....my BB had about 20 copies. they also were stocking the other 2 new BU titles...Venom and Snuff. in fact...the last 5 or 6 releases from BU have been on the shelves from day 1.

no, I didnt trust them either...I had it pre-ordered from amazon and got it this morning.
Gut-

*Slightly off-topic*

Have you watched your copy of Snuff yet? I picked it up, too, and I noticed no BU markings anywhere, no insert, no nothing. It's not even listed on their website. Looks like they're trying to mimic the feel of the original marketing campaign for this movie, I guess.

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet - just wondering what you thought of it.

And how is BU's edition of Dead and Buried?

(We should really start a master-BU thread!)
Old 07-31-03, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by The Exister

Have you watched your copy of Snuff yet? I picked it up, too, and I noticed no BU markings anywhere, no insert, no nothing. It's not even listed on their website. Looks like they're trying to mimic the feel of the original marketing campaign for this movie, I guess.

Anyway, I haven't watched it yet - just wondering what you thought of it.

And how is BU's edition of Dead and Buried?

(We should really start a master-BU thread!)

thats a little weird that Snuff is not listed on the website. it's not what some might expect...like a total gorefest or anything. it's a biker/drug smuggle kind of flick with the snuff at the end of the film. I got it because I want to own all BU titles. it recieved much attention early on....the mayor of NYC at the time demanded the film-makers and those reponsible be rounded up. it's reputation was built before the film even had a chance. kind of like A Lizard In a Woman's Skin...from Fulci. the whole mutilated dogs scene got Lucio in a lot of trouble...had to go to court and prove that it was puppet-tronics and not real dogs. or even Devils Experiment from japans Guinea Pig films....I think it was Charlie Sheen or somebody who saw it at a party and right away notified the authorities that a girl had been tortured and mutilated while it was all filmed. so Snuff isnt that good of a film...but essential for collectors...especially BU fans.

I was thinking about a BU thread last night!!! unless someone beats me to it....I'll try to start it up asap. I've been working nonstop of late....may be a while.

...and Dead and Buried...the BU version...is outstanding. much better than my R2 disc. there were a few times I jumped when certian scenes benefited from the 5.1. very spooky and some sweet shock moments. this is a great dvd.

now I still need 1 more BU title and I'll have them all...Salon Kitty. it's limited to only 15,000 copies...I better get crackin' on it today. and 3 more titles are due for release less than a month from now. god i love BU!!!!

Last edited by gutwrencher; 07-31-03 at 01:40 PM.