DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Any info on the new SNL Best of Adam Sandler DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/302828-any-info-new-snl-best-adam-sandler-dvd.html)

DVD Giant 07-02-03 06:56 PM

Any info on the new SNL Best of Adam Sandler DVD?

DDD has it up for pre-order for 8/12 along with the Best of Molly Shannon, Best of Will Ferrell (already pre-ordered that one) and SNL 25 years of music.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the new Sandler release. If it is just a re-issue of the older Sandler Best of or if it has new material then the one that is already released. Thanks a lot!

greendaynfg 07-02-03 11:54 PM

It is most likely a re-issue of the VHS, although it does say

Additional Release Material:
Additional Footage
on DDD's website for it. I didn't really care for the Sandler 'Best of', but the Chris Farley one was definitely worth it, as the Will Farrell one most likely will be.

MasterCXtreme 07-03-03 12:14 AM

Thanks I was wondering about that release too. I bet i'd be getting this one. But I know I'll DEFINITLEY be getting the Will Ferrell dvd.

DVD Giant 07-03-03 11:44 AM

Now if they only release a Celebrity Jeopardy edition DVD....:)

Dacoops3 07-03-03 03:59 PM

Originally posted by DVD Giant
Now if they only release a Celebrity Jeopardy edition DVD....:)
Seriously, what are the odds of this happening? The Celebrity Jeopardy segments are SOOOOOOOOO popular on the internet, and I know there is a huge fanbase for such a DVD, so why doesn't Lions Gate/NBC release such a thing, instead of The Best of Molly Shannon?

danicus007 08-05-03 09:46 PM

So does anyone know the difference with between the old Best of Sandler and the new one? Is this worth double dipping?

Rypro 525 08-05-03 10:21 PM

well one of the celeberty jeopardys are on the will ferrell disc (the one with Norm Mccdonald as Burt Rennoylds) "I'll take ape tit for 500 please."

victant 08-06-03 03:24 AM

I think it's pretty wise marketing for SNL to show these just as the DVD's are getting released.

I'm all for the Will Farrell disc. I'm seriously considering the Adam Sandler one, as well. If only it contained that one Camp Boy episode with Alec Baldwin.... ;)

DVD Giant 08-06-03 04:29 PM

I just looked at the back of the Sandler dvd...they both the old and new verison say 73 minutes long so it is likely a re-release.

TheKing 08-06-03 09:31 PM

I know a couple years ago, SNL had a game show special, where they had nothing but game show sketches, so maybe that's a possibility for a DVD release eventully.

SNL has ALOT of great game show sketches. Dweeb, Geek, or Spaz, Stand Up & Win, Dysfunctional Family Feud, Who Wants To Eat?, Food, Sex Or Cars, and of course Celebrity Jeopardy.

I'd love to see this special make it to DVD with extra helpings of Jeopardy.

DVD Giant 08-06-03 10:35 PM

A VHS was released of the Best Game Shows skits but it is not updated to DVD yet, one of the few VHS that I'm waiting to replace.

PJsig08 08-06-03 11:59 PM

I'm thinking ONE DAY they'll release a Celebrity Jeopardy DVD. In the dorms, these were SO popular....everyone had them on their computer.

Either way, I can't wait for the Will Ferrell Best Of DVD. It was on TV the other week and was great. Definitely worth the $12-15 or so.

Rypro 525 08-07-03 12:06 AM

these were popular in my music class as well, we went on and on, with the sean connery/alex trabeck insults.

Rypro 525 08-07-03 08:36 PM

does anyone know if any of the dvds will contain the alec baldwin schwetty christmas balls skit.