DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Terminator 3 DVD - Nov. 18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/301914-terminator-3-dvd-nov-18-a.html)

mdc3000 06-28-03 12:13 AM

Terminator 3 DVD - Nov. 18

I was just watching "T News Live" on E!. It was an entire hour dedicated to T3... when discussing the merchandise, they were talking about the video game and the marketing lady said:

"The videogame comes out the same day as the DVD comes out, November 18"

...so it looks like a date has been tentatively set... I can't wait.

MATT

I can't wait to see this on tuesday night....hell yeah!

Rammsteinfan 06-28-03 12:48 AM

Sweet, hope thats true. I cant wait to check out the film next week and I hope the dvd is loaded! I dont want to be collecting 3 different versions in the future...

scottp120 06-28-03 07:55 AM

That seems too early, but that's fine with me. I'll pick it up the day it comes out because it looks like it's going to be awesome. Plan on seeing it in the theateres next week.

GuessWho 06-28-03 08:13 AM

Just saw the same E Channel special and came here to post. :D

matome 06-28-03 08:24 AM

Cool

TomOpus 06-28-03 08:51 AM

Damn.... another big November release. I'll have to buy another shelf along with the discs :)

mikewendt 06-28-03 11:51 AM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
Sweet, hope thats true. I cant wait to check out the film next week and I hope the dvd is loaded! I dont want to be collecting 3 different versions in the future...

It probably will be pack to the gills... But they for damn sure will find a way to get us to buy at least 3-4 versions over the next 5 years... It's the American way... Or at least the George Lucas way...

GuruAskew 06-28-03 01:23 PM

It's not really the Warner Bros. way, though. WB has only re-released a handful of titles. If it were Artisan or Anchor Bay, I'd say we'll see a bunch of different versions, but with WB it's not very likely.

Mr. Cornell 06-28-03 01:36 PM

Uhhhhhh, the movie's not out yet and they're already talking about the DVD? That doesn't sound to me like they've got huge expectations for the movie, wouldn't you say?

DonnachaOne 06-28-03 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Cornell
Uhhhhhh, the movie's not out yet and they're already talking about the DVD? That doesn't sound to me like they've got huge expectations for the movie, wouldn't you say?
No, it says to me that they're planning ahead. The studios make more from Home Video than they do in theater release, and DVDs nowadays go into production usually before a film has even premiered. It stands to reason that they'd have a tentative release date, and it's just like Warner to have a blanket campaign - release the game and the DVD on the same day. They'll win that week, and it'll help sell both items more.

November's still a long way off. This is hardly a turnaround to rival "From Justin To Kelly".

Skull 06-28-03 02:26 PM

Great news, can't wait.

Robert 06-28-03 02:30 PM

I can't believe we're getting Matrix Reloaded in October, T3 in November, and we have to wait until sometime in 2004 to get <b>X-Men 2</b>.

catracho 06-28-03 02:59 PM

T3 in Nov 18, the same day of The Two Towers EE

I will spend too many dollars that month

BJacks 06-28-03 03:08 PM

Sounds like the film is going to blow bigtime if they're already setting a date for the home release.

The Bus 06-28-03 03:18 PM

First off, what movie stays in theatres a full five months? Nowadays at least.

If anything, Warner is a bit foolish to cannibalize into theatre sales with the announcement of the DVD. With it coming so soon, I'm willing to wait a couple of months to see it.

Geofferson 06-28-03 03:29 PM

Damn, the theater-to-DVD ratio is getting shorter and shorter these days.

Jason1973 06-28-03 06:59 PM

That reminds me of that line from Spaceballs:
"Instant videocassettes. They are out before the movie is finished!"

spfanatic 06-28-03 08:17 PM

Originally posted by Jason1973
That reminds me of that line from Spaceballs:
"Instant videocassettes. They are out before the movie is finished!"

rotfl

Well, Im certainly looking forward to this release even if the movie doesn't do that well.

Ranger 06-28-03 08:55 PM

Great!

PJsig08 06-29-03 12:42 AM

Originally posted by The Bus

If anything, Warner is a bit foolish to cannibalize into theatre sales with the announcement of the DVD. With it coming so soon, I'm willing to wait a couple of months to see it.

Yeah but people are still going to see this. And honestly, the average Joe (or 90% of the public) doesn't follow DVD news, so this won't hurt the gross of the picture at all.

GmoneyOwnsYou 06-29-03 01:34 AM

BJacks, are you on crack? Warner Brothers are simply plaining ahead. Most companies now days are plaining ahead on the DVD before the movie even hits theaters. The DVD release date has nothing to do with how good or bad a movie is. You have to be retarded to think so.

DonnachaOne 06-29-03 01:55 AM

Originally posted by GmoneyOwnsYou
BJacks, are you on crack? Warner Brothers are simply plaining ahead. Most companies now days are plaining ahead on the DVD before the movie even hits theaters. The DVD release date has nothing to do with how good or bad a movie is. You have to be retarded to think so.
Simmer down, now... we don't want anyone getting suspended over arguments...

Your sentiments are echoed in my post above yours. The only difference between this and any other release is that Warners have announced a date.

kmac2878 06-29-03 02:00 AM

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I looking at?! When does this happen in the movie?!
Col. Sandurz: Now! You're looking at "now," sir. Everything that happens now is happening "now."
Dark Helmet: What happened to "then?"
Col. Sandurz: We passed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Col. Sandurz: Just now. We're at now "now."
Dark Helmet: Go back to "then."
Col. Sandurz: When?
Dark Helmet: Now.
Col. Sandurz: Now?!
Dark Helmet: Now!
Col. Sandurz: I can't.
Dark Helmet: Why?
Col. Sandurz: We missed it.
Col. Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: When will "then" be "now?"
Col. Sandurz: Soon.
Dark Helmet: How soon?
Spaceball: Sir!
Dark Helmet: What?
Spaceball: We've identified their location.
Dark Helmet: Where?
Spaceball: It's the moon of Vega.
Col. Sandurz: Good work. Set a course and prepare for our arrival.
Spaceball: Nineteen-hundred hours.
Col. Sandurz: Buy high noon tomorrow they will be our prisoners.
Dark Helmet: Who?!

mdc3000 06-29-03 11:17 AM

Originally posted by The Bus
First off, what movie stays in theatres a full five months? Nowadays at least.

Well, as stated in my original post, it isn't like Warner has issued a full statement or press release, the marketing woman on the program just let the date slip... I'm sure it won't cut into the theatrical business at all...because most people would assume it would come on video after 5 months anyhow...and I'm sure this movie will be one that IS A MUST for the theatrical experience....

MATT

i get to see T3 tomorrow! :)

GmoneyOwnsYou 06-29-03 01:44 PM

All I know is that even if the DVD was to be released two weeks from now, Id still go see T3 at the theaters. So on July 2nd, I'll be seeing T3.