DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   The NEXT Trilogy (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/301490-next-trilogy.html)

MasterCXtreme 06-26-03 12:00 AM

The NEXT Trilogy

I was sitting in my chair tonight reading some news regarding the Indiana Jones DVD set. And it got me thinking...

In 2001, the Godfather trilogy was released in the fall.
In 2002, the Back To The Future was released in the early winter.
And now, in 2003, Indiana Jones is being released...

Now if you haven't guessed allready, I started this thread because I'm wondering what's in store for us in 2004! The only one I can think of is Star Wars, but I HIGHLY doubt that will happen. I think it'll be around sometime after Episode 3.

So anyone have any thoughts of what the trilogy will be next year? On second thought, it doesn't even have to be a trilogy, just the BIG DVD release of that year. Possibly of an older film, please exclude new releases. I think the easiest pick is LOTR: ROTK. What do you all think?

Brent L 06-26-03 12:03 AM

I want an Evil Dead Box Set to come out, with all extras from every DVD release ever, with tons of more stuff on it. This would be the FINAL release of any of the films, finally.

WillieTheShakes 06-26-03 12:21 AM

Uh, LOTR?
Just a wild, pull it out of my hat guess.

djtoell 06-26-03 12:33 AM

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
I want an Evil Dead Box Set to come out, with all extras from every DVD release ever, with tons of more stuff on it. This would be the FINAL release of any of the films, finally.
This is actually coming soon the UK from Anchor Bay with a 4th disc of extras. AB says that due to the films having different rights holders in the US, however, such a box won't be possible on this side of the Atlantic.

DJ

Rammsteinfan 06-26-03 12:46 AM

Uh, the MATRIX TRILOGY will be out next year... hopefully as a box set :D

SCHMEGGA 06-26-03 06:14 AM

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
Uh, the MATRIX TRILOGY will be out next year... hopefully as a box set :D
i vote this one :up: :up:

Dacoops3 06-26-03 06:20 AM

Re: The NEXT Trilogy

Originally posted by MasterCXtreme
So anyone have any thoughts of what the trilogy will be next year? On second thought, it doesn't even have to be a trilogy, just the BIG DVD release of that year. Possibly of an older film, please exclude new releases. I think the easiest pick is LOTR: ROTK. What do you all think?
Huh? Exclude new releases, pick LOTR: ROTK? I don't understand, as that would be a "new release". I honestly don't know what the big release of Winter 2004 is going to be, I would bet Schindler's List is one of them.

Venom 06-26-03 09:32 AM

mr. show season 4.

RobCA 06-26-03 09:42 AM

I vote for Torch Song Trilogy. ;)

Rob

MasterCXtreme 06-26-03 09:52 AM

Re: Re: The NEXT Trilogy

Originally posted by Dacoops3
Huh? Exclude new releases, pick LOTR: ROTK? I don't understand, as that would be a "new release". I honestly don't know what the big release of Winter 2004 is going to be, I would bet Schindler's List is one of them.
I guess I didn't word it all that well. I wanted to know what everyone thought will be the big DVD release that is bringing back an older movie or triology, like BTTF and Godfather. But if not an older one, just the big DVD of the year. Looks like The Matrix trilogy will be a big one. A few people were thinking Evil Dead, Schindler's List sounds good too, thanks Dacoops3.

...Torch Song Trilogy???:lol: I dont think so Rob.

Mistafadedglory 06-26-03 10:42 AM

Goodburger
Goodburger Strikes Back
Goodburger Meets the Phantom of the Park

Rypro 525 06-26-03 10:58 AM

In the dvdtalk top where the "50" is mentioned, it mentioned that new line will not screw the fans by releasing "the one and only LOTR box set with an extra disc" or something like that so you can buy them without fear.

lesterlong 06-26-03 11:08 AM

Well the Three Colors Trilogy was released also this year. The next trilogy? I don't think they plan it that way but if I had to say probably the Matrix and Lord of the Rings. Star Wars will not be out next year.

Ejunior2 06-26-03 12:57 PM

How about a Robocop SE box set?

"I'd buy THAT for a dollar."

Ginwen 06-26-03 01:16 PM

I'm not sure--most of the ones being mentioned aren't a very big deal, because the individual movies are already available (or will be soon, in the case of recent releases like LOTR and Matrix).

Part of why Godfather, BTTF, and Indiana Jones are a big deal is that, until they came out in the trilogy, they were unavailable, and (at least so far) they are unavailable except in the trilogy.

I don't know, off the top of my head, of any trilogies other than Star Wars that are currently completely unavailable, where the release of a trilogy would cause a similar level of anticipation.

killbot 06-26-03 01:38 PM

These series all have more than 3 movies, but...
The Subspecies series (4 flicks total)
The Trancers series (5)
The Phantasm series (4)

Snowmaker 06-26-03 04:52 PM

How about an Ultimate Extreme Terminator Special Edition Trilogy?

JEStinson3 06-27-03 11:32 AM

The big release from Lucasfilm next year will be the classic film .....

Howard the Duck :D

Furio 06-27-03 01:36 PM

New Line has already said they won't do any super duper special edition package for LOTR because they don't want to screw the consumers who bought the EE's.