DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Anyone know when "Wrong Turn" is coming? Specs on this fantastic horror flick? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300936-anyone-know-when-wrong-turn-coming-specs-fantastic-horror-flick.html)

babka 06-23-03 03:45 PM

Anyone know when "Wrong Turn" is coming? Specs on this fantastic horror flick?

?

DeputyDave 06-23-03 03:53 PM

I just saw it in theaters last week :up: Old school 80's slasher! I loved it. I want this one as well.

highdef 06-23-03 04:51 PM

I can't wait too! Based on its less than stellar performance at the box office I'd expect it in the not so distance future. Fox really screwed this film royally by not properly promoting it. Let's hope a loaded SE is released soon. What a great little film.

Rammsteinfan 06-23-03 04:59 PM

It actually cost $12.6 million to make and has made over $14 million? Hopefully this will allow a SE of some sort to make it to DVD. I loved this film.

VenOrgg 06-23-03 08:53 PM

Imagine

Imagine "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is the worst movie ever created, and then made worse, the product is "Wrong Turn".

babka 06-23-03 11:06 PM

Re: Imagine

Originally posted by VenOrgg
Imagine "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is the worst movie ever created, and then made worse, the product is "Wrong Turn".
Dude, you are definitely in the minority here. Just about all boards gave this film good reviews, and I loved it!

Rammsteinfan 06-24-03 12:34 AM

All of you stay during the credits to see the additional scenes right? It was great. I hope one of the extras is a 10 minute or so short story on the three killers or a mocumentary like they did for the blair witch project... something like interviews with people from virginia about the storys of mtn men who eat people.

caiman 06-24-03 01:01 AM

While my opinion of this movie has gone up a little since seeing it, I am still surprised at all the praise it gets. It just seemed a little more average than everyone is making it out to be. But still, I might consider picking up the DVD if the price is right and if there are a good amount of features.

You gotta love that arrow scene.

DonnachaOne 06-24-03 02:39 AM

As far as the DVD goes... alittle premature, don't you think? It's still in theaters.

Then again, with the ever-decreasing cinema-to-video windows, I wouldn't be surprised to see this out by Hallowe'en.

matome 06-24-03 07:46 AM

I missed it in theaters and am looking forward to seeing it on DVD

Josh-da-man 06-24-03 09:31 AM

I'd say that it'll be released anywhere from September to December. It didn't make a very big splash at the B.O., which usually means a quick turn-around to home video.

Giles 06-24-03 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I'd say that it'll be released anywhere from September to December. It didn't make a very big splash at the B.O., which usually means a quick turn-around to home video.
Like "Darkness Falls", now that was a quick turn around to home video that I can recall.

theatre release: 24 January
video release 22 April

three months.

The Exister 06-24-03 10:32 AM

It's nice to see some new horror in the theater, but I wasn't that impressed. Infinitely superior to Darkness Falls and Jeepers Creepers, but that's not saying much.

I'm surprised there isn't more horror on the big screen - they're relatively cheap to make. I guess the big demographic these days is more PG-13. I doubt we'll ever see another horror surge like the 70's and 80's. Oh well...

I might rent Wrong Turn when it comes out on DVD, but I doubt I'll buy it.

Rammsteinfan 06-24-03 10:43 AM

What made wrong turn good was that it didnt try to be PG-13, its gruesome and it doesnt try to hide it.

REL77 06-24-03 11:09 AM

I loved this movie as well. Its a great Cheesy Slasher Horror Flick. Loved the Deliverence style of the movie

Lono 06-24-03 11:59 AM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
As far as the DVD goes... alittle premature, don't you think? It's still in theaters.

Then again, with the ever-decreasing cinema-to-video windows, I wouldn't be surprised to see this out by Hallowe'en.

It might not surprise you to know... that the DVD is currnetly being worked on. These days a lot of DVDs are finished or at least well underway before the Theatrical Release. Then of course the studios make adjustmets to the features depending on how well the movie does. Love it or not, Wrong Turn made them money... so I imagine they are happy with it... it is also getting really good reviews (considering that it is basicly a throw back 70s-80s slasher flick) so I imagine that it will get a pretty decent treatment on DVD... I would bet before Halloween.

DVDProfessor 06-24-03 03:34 PM

Awesome flick ;) :up:

But it was a lot like a certain 1977 film entitled "The Hills Have Eyes".

A family stranded out in the middle of nowhere when a group of cannibalistic people come and try to hunt and kill all of them.

But still a great film!