DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Raiders: They're removing the snake reflection (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/300775-raiders-theyre-removing-snake-reflection.html)

tor_greg 06-22-03 10:31 PM

Raiders: They're removing the snake reflection

A friend of mine works for the place that's digitally cleaning the Indy movies for the upcoming DVDs and any future theatrical screenings. He told me last night that they're removing the infamous "cobra reflection." Other things, like the fly, are being kept.

calhoun07 06-22-03 10:52 PM

So?

Ranger 06-22-03 10:56 PM

Okay, explain please. Is this the part in the movie where Indy is in the pit with all the snakes and one is standing up in front of him. Is that it? And weren't they Asps, not cobras?

and what 'the fly', if you're going to start a thread like this, the least you could do is give more details.

Robert 06-22-03 11:00 PM

Originally posted by Ranger
Okay, explain please. Is this the part in the movie where Indy is in the pit with all the snakes and one is standing up in front of him. Is that it? And weren't they Asps, not cobras?

and what 'the fly', if you're going to start a thread like this, the least you could do is give more details.

You've never seen the movie?!?!

:whofart:

Heliosphann 06-22-03 11:01 PM

Yeah, this was talked about EXTENSIVELY several months ago here on the forum:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=spielberg

Remember, search is your friend!

Jackskeleton 06-22-03 11:05 PM

Indiana jones and temple of the repost.. ;)

tor_greg 06-22-03 11:11 PM

Ah I had done a search quickly to see if it had been posted before, but I didn't see anything.

caiman 06-22-03 11:18 PM

If you don't know what he's talking about, then you probably wouldn't care anyway.

Ranger 06-22-03 11:26 PM

Originally posted by Robert
You've never seen the movie?!?!

:whofart:

Haha. I have seen it a hundred times, but I have not watched it by every single 1/8 frame of the film as so many here have. :p

Originally posted by caiman
If you don't know what he's talking about, then you probably wouldn't care anyway.
I guess so!

philo 06-22-03 11:38 PM

When this set was announced back in early May, thedigitalbits.com reported that no alterations were being made to the original content of the films.

Jackskeleton 06-22-03 11:44 PM

Even as a kid I noticed the glass between indy and the snakes. Man, your eyes must be bad. ;)

The Infidel 06-23-03 12:57 AM

Originally posted by Ranger

Most of the snakes in the pit ARE asps, but there are also several cobras, and the snake who had his reflection captured is one of those cobras.....and you don't have to watch it frame by frame a hundred times to see it. :)

Ranger 06-23-03 01:00 AM

All right, fine, I'll watch the damn movie again tomorrow. Its been a year since I have seen it.

jough 06-23-03 01:18 AM

According to LucasFilm they're not touching the print for the DVD, except to clean it up, remove dirt and fade, etc. I guess your friend is working on something else.

-- Jough

D-Ball 06-23-03 01:34 AM

Considering the history of Spielberg/Lucas alterations, I'd say we're lucky that this is the only change.

DonnachaOne 06-23-03 01:39 AM

It will now also have Indy trying to bite the snake first...

Mr. Salty 06-23-03 02:15 AM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
It will now also have Indy trying to bite the snake first...
I'm amazed it took 15 replies to get to that inevitable joke.

Let it go people. It's getting tired.

djtoell 06-23-03 02:42 AM

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I'm amazed it took 15 replies to get to that inevitable joke.

Let it go people. It's getting tired.

But there hasn't been a walkie talkie joke yet. Give 'em some time before you flame 'em.

DJ