Any News on City of God DVD?

Old 06-21-03, 03:33 PM
Cool New Member

Any News on City of God DVD?

Miramax i guess will release. haven't seen this one in theatres either. too long a drive. any news on the DVD? heres hoping for a special edition.
Old 06-24-03, 04:25 PM
Cool New Member

specs would be nice.
cover art.
disc shape.
anything!
Old 06-25-03, 08:58 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have any information about this either...this was easily one of my favorite films of the past year, and i consider myself very lucky to have seen it in the theatre...the official website says nothing about a dvd release...it was released in theatres in january...many movies released around that time are being released now or in the near future, yet still no word on this one
Old 06-25-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm dying to get this on DVD.

I ranked it as the 2nd best film of 2002 (Punch-Drunk Love being the best).

Seems the studios like to toy with me and my favorite films, seeing as PDL had an 8 month gap between theatrical release and DVD release... and now it looks like City of God will also incur at least an 8 month gap.
Old 06-25-03, 10:34 PM

On the DVD discussion boards I regularly visit, it seems like once a week at least this question comes up whether the City of God DVD has been announced. Nobody ever has any new information; the thread dies; the following week there's another thread.

All I can say is that, given the anticipation and excitement over this title (recognizing that it's not Schindler's List), when news finally does break, it won't be a secret--there will be active threads all over the place.

I sympathize: I have a LOT of films I'm itchin' to see released on DVD, but I get frustrated seeing this topic over & over. This thread is a good place to start to see if something's been announced recently.

Peace.
Old 06-25-03, 11:51 PM
Cool New Member

There's a region 2 due out in July

Still awaiting the news on the R1 though

I'm dying to have it on DVD
Old 06-26-03, 02:10 PM

City of God on DVD ?

I heard rumors ( cant recall what site) that Miramax was going to re-release City of God ( in limited release again of course) so they can try to generate some oscars buzz for next year so if there is any truth to that dont expect a Region 1 DVD anytime soon

It sucks because I missed it in the theaters the first time but hopefully it will come to Philadelphia and i'll get another chance at seeing it on the big screen.
Old 06-26-03, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by MisterLebowski
There's a region 2 due out in July

Still awaiting the news on the R1 though

I'm dying to have it on DVD

listed here as September now......http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...185388-8533212

Last edited by horseflesh; 06-26-03 at 02:29 PM.